Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like Li Li announcer, but kinda i hope get someone else better. I really hope they will add Alarak announcer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I like Li Li announcer, but kinda i hope get someone else better. I really hope they will add Alarak announcer.
    Alarak is my SC2 announcer and I would love to have him in HotS. Abathur is a decent alternative for the time being.

i would LOVE an Alarak announcer. having Q/discord talk throughout the match? Heaven

Can't help but feeling a bit disappointed at the end of the day though. Not about a big part of the patch since I think 2.0 is one of the best things that could have happened to this game, but I did expect an announcement of the ranked play rewards (the first announcement sounded like they were going to do something new with it).

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    thats debatable given there are more popular and commonly used heroes from OW who arent in before them.
    There's only a few left that are really popular tbh but it all comes down to how they would fit into HotS which is why some got in before others.

Deleted
    Can someone enlighten me why so many Moba's are copying HOTS in some form? Big contenders such as Dota and LoL are all embracing Hots' gameplay in one way or another. Dota being the smallest one with their talent selections, but the mid season in LoL just introduced a lane pushing rift herald and quests for support.
    Not trying to start a war between the games, i've played them all, i just found it kinda fascinating how they're all shifting towards a more arcade moba style gameplay

That's because HotS is the best MOBA available. The variety of game modes and maps is unmatched by any other, and hero variety is only somewhat matched by DOTA2 (and even that is only because of ults, since DOTA heroes all play the same). At this point LoL is more popular than HotS only because it came earlier and Riot invested tens, if not hundreds of millions, into marketing. HotS is a better game by miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    am i the only one who doesn't care about announcers? i feel like i am.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i would LOVE an Alarak announcer. having Q/discord talk throughout the match? Heaven
    Yes! We need this!

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    That's because HotS is the best MOBA available. The variety of game modes and maps is unmatched by any other, and hero variety is only somewhat matched by DOTA2 (and even that is only because of ults, since DOTA heroes all play the same). At this point LoL is more popular than HotS only because it came earlier and Riot invested tens, if not hundreds of millions, into marketing. HotS is a better game by miles.
    After playing Dota for way more than 10 years, Hots is super easy mode. The heroes require all less skill to master. Sometimes i just don't feel challenged enough. Pressed my 3-4 buttons and i'm sitting there waiting my 10 secs for them to become ready again.

That said, hots is nothing but pure action. No early phase where you farm creeps all day long while your supports zone any enemy. The game starts and 4 man brawl mid is super fun.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Longer QM queue times for EU a known issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...th_20/dh00j5h/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all of your reports. We’ve confirmed that Quick Match queue times are lasting longer than we’d like in Europe, and after some investigation, have found that Heroes 2.0 has brought in so many players that our matchmaking process is having difficulty making games fast enough to keep up. We’re working as fast as we can to resolve this, but in the meantime, you will likely get into a match more quickly by queuing for other game modes, like Unranked or Hero League.
    Thanks for your patience!
    In the end I think MM gave up and shat the bed completely. I was playing Sonya one game and it straight up forgot to give the other team a tank, like literally. We had Sonya, Ragnaros, Li-Ming, Xul and Malfurion. They had Nova, Jaina, Chromie, Xul and Rehgar. It was a US invasion of Grenada grade roflstomp.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    In the end I think MM gave up and shat the bed completely. I was playing Sonya one game and it straight up forgot to give the other team a tank, like literally. We had Sonya, Ragnaros, Li-Ming, Xul and Malfurion. They had Nova, Jaina, Chromie, Xul and Rehgar. It was a US invasion of Grenada grade roflstomp.
    Sonya doesn't count as a tank for QM, neither does Varian and afaik Rexxar, maybe more. Same way Tyrande, Tassadar, Medhiv and Zarya don't count as full supports, so you can have one of them on your team without the enemy getting a support.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Sonya doesn't count as a tank for QM, neither does Varian and afaik Rexxar, maybe more.
    Seriously? O.o

Somebody should get sacked for that change, well maybe not that extreme, but yeah not counting a tank as a tank for MM purposes just because they can be spec'd as hybrid DPS is pretty damn stupid. I was on the winning side of the faceroll that resulted from only our team having a tank and it still wasn't fun

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    After playing Dota for way more than 10 years, Hots is super easy mode. The heroes require all less skill to master. Sometimes i just don't feel challenged enough. Pressed my 3-4 buttons and i'm sitting there waiting my 10 secs for them to become ready again.

That said, hots is nothing but pure action. No early phase where you farm creeps all day long while your supports zone any enemy. The game starts and 4 man brawl mid is super fun.
    Depends on your choice of heroes, I'd say. There are some that require very high APM. Most of the difficulty in other MOBAs comes from the need to farm minions. In HotS, you can focus only on what your opponent is doing. It does make the game more shallow, it does mean that you need half the awareness you need in other MOBAs, but... Well, I personally couldn't bear 15 minutes long farming phases anymore. So the fact that the game is so action-packed makes it the best MOBA in my books.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no, not by a million miles is HotS better than LoL or Dota, as long as you get punished for having a shit team, LoL and Dota will remain the best Mobas

I hope this is the last time we get cross-game rewards, fucking overcrap kids ruining games by throwing its getting annoying <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no, not by a million miles is HotS better than LoL or Dota, as long as you get punished for having a shit team, LoL and Dota will remain the best Mobas

I hope this is the last time we get cross-game rewards, fucking overcrap kids ruining games by throwing its getting annoying <.<
    How do you not get punished for having a shit team in LoL and DOTA? Even if that was true, if you didn't need team to win games in a TEAM GAME, how is it a plus?

How do you not get punished for having a shit team in LoL and DOTA?
    Answer is: you do. The only real difference between Hots and Dota 2 in this regard is that when that happens in Dota 2, shit starts flying in chat from like minute 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrajishxc View Post
    There's only a few left that are really popular tbh but it all comes down to how they would fit into HotS which is why some got in before others.
    yep exactly. The devs have always prefered to focus on two factors first before popularity, one is if they can develop the hero satisfyingly enough and two is if it fits well into the game at the point. Its not an exact science ofcourse, and if it fits in with a popular name then thats a bonus but outside of Tracer (who matched all 3 criteria) the other really popular names wouldn't have/dont fit yet.

How do you not get punished for having a shit team in LoL and DOTA? Even if that was true, if you didn't need team to win games in a TEAM GAME, how is it a plus?
    They're referring to the ability to carry a game if you're good enough in Dota and LoL.

seriously why there is vs AI daily quest