Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warriors working as intended?

no 3'rd relic and 37traits on my 5th or 6th pvp alt...

edited out ilvl, didn't realize base stats are 900ilvl now. Not a single person I pvp regularly with noticed that change either lol
    Last edited by Glnger; 2017-05-06 at 07:24 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

7+ Year Old Account
    your third relic deosent matter all gears ilvl is balanced so you could have no relics and still be just as strong
    again remember, 10 ilvl is only 1% extra damage, and everyone is set to the same ilvl with that % being added after
    on your "5th or 6th" char you think you would notice this
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Not sure how to respond to this.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    your third relic deosent matter all gears ilvl is balanced so you could have no relics and still be just as strong
    again remember, 10 ilvl is only 1% extra damage, and everyone is set to the same ilvl with that % being added after
    on your "5th or 6th" char you think you would notice this
    3rd relic does matter for your weapon ilvl bro, and yes, that warrior is over 5% (based on ilvl)weaker than my main (spriest) and only has 37 traits in the weapon compared to 50 on my main.

trying for snark, you'd think you'd consider this..

*edit* didn't realize that.
    In Patch 7.1.5, your stats in PvP are based on item level 850. In Patch 7.2, you're provided with stats as though you're at item level 900.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2017-05-06 at 07:12 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

7+ Year Old Account
    No they're completely broken. Both in pvp and pve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    3rd relic does matter for your weapon ilvl bro, and yes, that warrior is over 5% (based on ilvl)weaker than my main (spriest) and only has 37 traits in the weapon compared to 50 on my main.

trying for snark, you'd think you'd consider this..
    again, third relic doesent matter for your weapon ilvl, cause in pvp they are all set to the same
    also new traits are still not considered in pvp im pretty sure
    also maybe you have found a class you are better at then your priest

new traits are considered in pvp seeing how blizz is already nerfing some of them in pvp.

Also base pvp ilvl is 900 now so unless your priest got like 950 ilvl I dont see how you are that much stronger

again, third relic doesent matter for your weapon ilvl, cause in pvp they are all set to the same
    also new traits are still not considered in pvp im pretty sure
    also maybe you have found a class you are better at then your priest
    you have no idea what you're even talking about and trying to correct me. the TRAITS MATTER that's 14 less traits (including the missing relic)that is freaking massive.

the comedy of even considering what warriors are doing as "skill"

7+ Year Old Account
    you have no idea what you're even talking about and trying to correct me. the TRAITS MATTER that's 14 less traits (including the missing relic)that is freaking massive.
    again the missing relic is not considered, nor are the traits, blizzard still has the traits maxed out at 35 (the orignal 34+ the 5%)

10+ Year Old Account
    In instanced PvP, you could have NO relics and preform pretty much the same as everyone else. 910 ilvl is only something like 10% more stats.

There are only two things that matter in instanced PvP - Artifact progression, and honor lvl (And that ceases to matter once you unlock all your good honor talents)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    new traits are considered in pvp seeing how blizz is already nerfing some of them in pvp.

Also base pvp ilvl is 900 now so unless your priest got like 950 ilvl I dont see how you are that much stronger
    I pvp quite a lot and never noticed or saw this change but you're right I just googled it.
    In Patch 7.1.5, your stats in PvP are based on item level 850. In Patch 7.2, you're provided with stats as though you're at item level 900.
    - - - Updated - - -

again the missing relic is not considered, nor are the traits, blizzard still has the traits maxed out at 35 (the orignal 34+ the 5%)
    dood, yes the traits are considered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traits actually do matter now. I can say with 100% certainty that I did not benefit from my 30% damage burst during Ashamane's frenzy before I got it in instanced PvP, but after I acquired it, the burst happened. I can also say with 100% certainty that I have more stamina now in instanced PvP after having acquired more artifact traits, without having a large increase in ilvl (went up 5 ilvls, or 1% more stats. I have more then 1% more stamina)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

ITT: People who have absolutely no clue how gear in PvP actually works.

If i could make Picard up there 20x bigger, i would.

Now.. templates. Dear god, the misinformation. This one isn't directly solely at any one of you, because Blizzard makes the process completely opaque and doesn't document shit... but you're completely wrong in how it works.

Brief tutorial:

When you enter instanced PvP, your base statistics are raised to a certain iLevel floor. This is BEFORE your template is applied. It was 800 at launch, then raised to 850 in 7.1.5, and 900 in 7.2. What this means is that your base stats (Int, Stam, et al) are factored as if every item in your slots is an iLevel 900 stat-stick.

THEN your Template is applied. This is why, when you see Blizzard's tuning numbers, Templates are expressed in percentages. (ex - "Intellect reduced to 73%") It is setting your base stats, determined when you zoned in at iLevel 900, to that percentage of the base. Stam tends to be over 100%, primary stats are usually severely cut (which in turn reduces AP/SP). The Template also applies a bunch of invisible auras that affect your spells and abilities (self-healing on a lot of abilities is cut by a blanket percentage, tanks take 25% more damage, period, etc)

AFTER your Template is applied, bonus stats from your Artifact Traits (the traits themselves, not merely having them - so a Trait that adds 3% stam, like a Blood Death Knight's "Meat Shield", for instance, applies now, as well as any bonus stats from your Honor Talents.

THEN your bonus stam for traits is applied. The first 34 traits worth of bonus stam and the bonus Stamina (only) from the first skill on your new medallion are now granted gratis - but any traits anyone has above 34 still grant an additional .75% stam that a fresh 110 wont have. (At least up until the first point in Concordance of the Legionfall - Blizzard said there is now a "diminishing return" on stam gains from traits, but it is a solid .75% all the way up to the first point in Concordance, at the very least).

After all this, the bonus % gain from additional iLevels is added. This percentage bonus is calculated from iLevel 800. So, if you have iLevel 890, you have 9% bonus stats. And this is a blanket multiplier to all stats, including Stam.

And this isn't even factoring in the power differential granted by Artifact Traits themselves. A Blood DK, for instance, that has unlocked the new Medallion (Carrion Feast, Vampiric Aura, and Souldrinker) is heads and shoulders more powerful than one who hasn't. You cant even factor this in to some percentage-based evaluation - not that you need to, the raw mix is hard enough.

7+ Year Old Account
    I pvp quite a lot and never noticed or saw this change but you're right I just googled it.

- - - Updated - - -

dood, yes the traits are considered.
    yes but 1 trait is not going to make a big change, and again as you just proved, the ilvl doesent matter

yes but 1 trait is not going to make a big change, and again as you just proved, the ilvl doesent matter
    and the 13 others from not having my artifact weapon leveled up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    ............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

ITT: People who have absolutely no clue how gear in PvP actually works.

If i could make Picard up there 20x bigger, i would.

Now.. templates. Dear god, the misinformation. This one isn't directly solely at any one of you, because Blizzard makes the process completely opaque and doesn't document shit... but you're completely wrong in how it works.

Brief tutorial:

When you enter instanced PvP, your base statistics are raised to a certain iLevel floor. This is BEFORE your template is applied. It was 800 at launch, then raised to 850 in 7.1.5, and 900 in 7.2. What this means is that your base stats (Int, Stam, et al) are factored as if every item in your slots is an iLevel 900 stat-stick.

THEN your Template is applied. This is why, when you see Blizzard's tuning numbers, Templates are expressed in percentages. (ex - "Intellect reduced to 73%") It is setting your base stats, determined when you zoned in at iLevel 900, to that percentage of the base. Stam tends to be over 100%, primary stats are usually severely cut (which in turn reduces AP/SP). The Template also applies a bunch of invisible auras that affect your spells and abilities (self-healing on a lot of abilities is cut by a blanket percentage, tanks take 25% more damage, period, etc)

AFTER your Template is applied, bonus stats from your Artifact Traits (the traits themselves, not merely having them - so a Trait that adds 3% stam, like a Blood Death Knight's "Meat Shield", for instance, applies now, as well as any bonus stats from your Honor Talents.

THEN your bonus stam for traits is applied. The first 34 traits worth of bonus stam and the bonus Stamina (only) from the first skill on your new medallion are now granted gratis - but any traits anyone has above 34 still grant an additional .75% stam that a fresh 110 wont have. (At least up until the first point in Concordance of the Legionfall - Blizzard said there is now a "diminishing return" on stam gains from traits, but it is a solid .75% all the way up to the first point in Concordance, at the very least).

After all this, the bonus % gain from additional iLevels is added. This percentage bonus is calculated from iLevel 800. So, if you have iLevel 890, you have 9% bonus stats. And this is a blanket multiplier to all stats, including Stam.

And this isn't even factoring in the power differential granted by Artifact Traits themselves. A Blood DK, for instance, that has unlocked the new Medallion (Carrion Feast, Vampiric Aura, and Souldrinker) is heads and shoulders more powerful than one who hasn't. You cant even factor this in to some percentage-based evaluation - not that you need to, the raw mix is hard enough.
    literally the only thing I didn't know was that they changed the base pvp ilvl from 850 to 900. Good post tho.

Did you seriously sort by killing blows? Some of the other players are doubling your damage.

So what exactly is this post supposed to say? That warriors are good at executing low HP targets?

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Did you seriously sort by killing blows? Some of the other players are doubling your damage.
    As a guy who mains an Afflock, i 100% guarantee you i'd quadruple his damage.

And he'd still be 4x as useful to the team, because his damage actually matters, and Afflock damage is utterly irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors damage is fine, it's their mobility that is a bit ridiculous
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    It was 800 at launch, then raised to 850 in 7.1.5, and 900 in 7.2.
    Do you have any official source at all to confirm that ilvl is 900 in 7.2? Been looking for it myself but cant find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Not sure how to respond to this.
    I do.

So you're impressed by 86m dmg on a BG where most of your dmg dealt will be to demolishers? Or perhaps it is your 13 killing blows? One of the reasons killing blows are such a worthless measure of performance in bgs / rbgs is due to execute classes. Back when hunters had kill shot, hunters easily had double or even triple the killing blows of the next class - instant, ranged, low cooldown execute with two charges that did a ton of dmg. Well, you have that too, with your charge-execute.

Yes, warriors are working as intended. You're doing a 3rd of a spriests damage. Seems fine to me.