Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Do you have any official source at all to confirm that ilvl is 900 in 7.2? Been looking for it myself but cant find it anywhere.
    Holinka tweeted it, as did one of the other devs.

you can tell just by the amount of HP you have, really. They didn't adjust the templates to suddenly add 30%+ stam.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Holinka tweeted it, as did one of the other devs.

you can tell just by the amount of HP you have, really. They didn't adjust the templates to suddenly add 30%+ stam.
    I know they did. Thats not a linkable source tho. Thanks anyways

Yeah, that's why my original post was like "im not blaming anyone for not knowing what is actually going on" because Blizzard hasn't documented shit right for years.

Anyone approaching PvP right now has absolutely no way to know what does what in PvP or how much damage or anything.

Its fucking absurd and sad.

Amen to that! I was in a pretty bad fight with a friend because i KNEW holinka tweeted about 900 ilvl but he was asking for links...

Fucking horrible community management..

Yeah, that's why my original post was like "im not blaming anyone for not knowing what is actually going on" because Blizzard hasn't documented shit right for years.

Anyone approaching PvP right now has absolutely no way to know what does what in PvP or how much damage or anything.

Amen to that. Its a complete blackbox and totally unclear for anyone who cares about stats and statprio's. Apparently Blizz thinks PVP'ers dont care about stat optimization on your chars.

Deleted
    Damage is amazing but what baffles me most is the survivability.

Warriors always needed a healer, but those days sure are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again, third relic doesent matter for your weapon ilvl, cause in pvp they are all set to the same
    also new traits are still not considered in pvp im pretty sure
    also maybe you have found a class you are better at then your priest
    Actually you're wrong. Weapon damage is not modified by the PVP template, and is calculated straight so your weapon iLVL can matter significantly depending on what your primary abilities scale with. You can test this with any ability that scales on AP vs. any ability that scales on Weapon Damage, by simply comparing the two in a PVP environment, then leaving, socketing a higher ilvl relic, zoning back into instanced PVP and comparing the increase.

This has been known since the beta, so your post is completely & factually incorrect.

*And if you're wondering whether or not I went through the trouble of testing it myself to verify? Yes, I did. I compared Mutilate (weapon damage scaling) vs. Envenom (ap scaling) before & after a relic ilvl upgrade.
    Last edited by shrunken; 2017-05-08 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    no 3'rd relic and 37traits on my 5th or 6th pvp alt...

edited out ilvl, didn't realize base stats are 900ilvl now. Not a single person I pvp regularly with noticed that change either lol
    I don't get it...... you had a decent game in a random bg. What are we supposed to be looking at here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Damage is amazing but what baffles me most is the survivability.

Warriors always needed a healer, but those days sure are gone.
    Just fury. Arms still needs a pocket healer. Slightest focus on them and they get stomped

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Just fury. Arms still needs a pocket healer. Slightest focus on them and they get stomped
    well that's depressing, I read somewhere that Arms healing was overall better than Fury now.

So basically, we still get kited to eternity, snared into the ground, and burned down if we're focused? Yay....

Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    well that's depressing, I read somewhere that Arms healing was overall better than Fury now.

So basically, we still get kited to eternity, snared into the ground, and burned down if we're focused? Yay....
    I think this is the case with either spec.

Fury has a more consistent healing BUT I haven't played arms with the healing talent from the artifact.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe in a PvE setting with the new artifact trait but in PvP Fury has a much more reliable heal. I'd have to see the numbers but I'm pretty sure Fury should still out heal Arms even with the new trait in PvP since its RNG and in PvP that isn't reliable.

Warriors have a strong execute, like you can literally hit one button and do over a million damage if you find someone who is already low. I don't think it's news to anyone that they get a lot of killing blows. What is broken though is how they can just shut anyone down forever if they really want to, all while tearing them apart with their damage. Even a rogue can't do that anymore.

Confirmed (again) on the front page, as of today.

For your friend.

Deleted
    Pickard and stuff
    Thank you for this summary.

Its weird that it first scales you up to ilvl 900 and then you have bonus for ilvl higher than 800.

I though that it was like this:
    it scales you up to ilvl 900, and you have that bonus for every item lvl higher then 900 (and I was wondering why Im getting increases for upgrades below 900, now I understand )

Confirmed (again) on the front page, as of today.

For your friend.
    Sweet baby jesus. I can finally lay this discussion to rest

Thanks for the heads up!

So your contention is that a 4% heal every 3-4 seconds is superior to taking 40% less damage?

Maybe in a PvE setting with the new artifact trait but in PvP Fury has a much more reliable heal. I'd have to see the numbers but I'm pretty sure Fury should still out heal Arms even with the new trait in PvP since its RNG and in PvP that isn't reliable.
    Yeah I agree. Arms is pretty much unbearable to play in random BG's, where you have little healing.

Fury, with the % heal boost trait is somewhat bearable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    I think this is the case with either spec.

Fury has a more consistent healing BUT I haven't played arms with the healing talent from the artifact.
    Thirst For Battle is a godsend on Fury. Arms gets snared much easier, it's actually maddening when I'm getting kited and chain cc'd. I know that's always been a thing - but I just feel like it's worse right now in Legion.

Thirst For Battle is a godsend on Fury. Arms gets snared much easier, it's actually maddening when I'm getting kited and chain cc'd. I know that's always been a thing - but I just feel like it's worse right now in Legion.
    While it is a nice ability to have it does not make Fury vs Arms a day and night difference when it comes to getting rooted. I promise you if you play Fury you will be sitting in roots while trying to catch a boomy or mage. Both Fury and Arms suffer in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes but 1 trait is not going to make a big change, and again as you just proved, the ilvl doesent matter
    First you keep saying it doesn't matter; and now people proved you wrong you changed your mind and make it "doesn't matter a lot".
    We all know you want Moderator status.. Keep trying.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".