Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, the bar is set really low in WoW for writing/story, even by video game standards.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't like personally like Genn - I think he's made a lot of stupid decisions and allows his emotions to get the better of him far more than necessary. That being said, I think Genn is actually quite well-written. My dislike of him actually seems to speak to that - a terribly written character can't really inspire much in the way of strong emotion, being it negative or positive. I don't care a whit about Med'an, for instance; nothing in his story has the capacity of move my emotional barometer and nothing he does registers on a deeper level. Med'an is a terrible character that is also terribly written, his existence amounts to a proverbial null. Genn, well, he's quite the opposite - and I think he's the kind of driven anti-heroic character the Alliance needed to give it balance (probably what was attempted with Jaina in a ham-fisted manner).
    My only problem right now is that storyline(Genn Vs. Sylvanas) may never get resolved. I wish it would continue and or resolve.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Oh no the anti-Sylvanas character is the worst written in WoW.

the least surprising thread on this subforum ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Lmao I notice and respect that!!!! <3
    But seriously she has been TERRIBLE since W3
    I would agree she has been written terribly since after WC3, but then Night Elves have been written terribly since vanilla wow altogether.

I disagree that Greymane is the worst written character in WoW because of my above statements. I think he's a person who tries to do what he thinks is best for his country, however this is almost always colored by his pride in himself.

He joined the alliance the first time because it made sense to do so, however when he discovered he was going to help foot the bill to pay for things like a keep on the other side of the planet and camps to house the invaders who tried to kill his people, suddenly it wasn't right for his people and himself to have such a burden placed on them and skedaddled.

I don't believe he's horribly written, I think he's written like an egotistical king and he's perfect in that role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    My only problem right now is that storyline(Genn Vs. Sylvanas) may never get resolved. I wish it would continue and or resolve.
    I think that questline and its events are going to be something for future iteration - perhaps in the next expansion, or maybe even latter. The beginning of a pattern that will define Sylvanas and Genn going forward.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Both have outlived their story arcs in my opinion, greymane had to suffer the consequences of his screwed up politics and Sylvanas just should go. Tess takes over and a new forsaken takes the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Oh no the anti-Sylvanas character is the worst written in WoW.

the least surprising thread on this subforum ever.
    I am still wondering how Genn dares to oppose poor Sylvanas. All she wanted was live in peace.. But those expansive humans from Gilneas, Silverpine, Hillsbrad were taking her lands, killing forsaken kids and women, burning their houses.. She really had no choice but plague these invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That'd be Garrosh.

And Varian before let's say MoP.

And lately probably Jaina too

P.S. Sylvanas is a very clear villain in the Worgen starting experience. I love Sylvanas but she is not a nice person.

Bitch please.
    LOl all the characters that actually had development out of their cardboard personality.

"no motive" WHAAAATTT? The Forsaken invaded his land, tried to kill off what remained of his people and left is a poisoned wasteland. Their leader killed his son. He hates their guts and by extension, the whole Horde they belong to. That's plenty of motivation.

Man, oh man, I cheered when he screwed over Sylvanas at the end of the Stormheim story line. I wanna be there if he ever gets the chance to finish what he started. I wanna help and spit on her corpse when he's finished.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not even close - wrathion is still reigning champion. But I agree that Genn is a dick.
    WHAT?!

Wrathion is cool as fuck, especially during the Fangs of the Father chain
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is definitely one of the worst threads I've read in here in a very long time. At this point I'm almost sure you're either trolling or enjoying to cause dissension on purpose just for the lols.

If A is forced to kill B's son for some reason then B will be angry at A. It's no matter that A is forced to or not. It's just how emotions work most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

snip

What?! An old fart who decided to wall himself up to protect himself from the rest of the world cause oh the horrors.. And suddenly he rejoins the world not because of his own wishes but because his fucking wall had collapsed now acts all tough and shit. Talking about events that he has no right to weight in cause he forfeited his rights when he fucking walled himself up. What could go wrong? He is acting like he is a major badass when he literally had done nothing to prove himself in the recent decades and no one is calling his shit.. Looks like above average Blizz writing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your avatar is sylvannas, and you're saying Genn is the worst-written character?

When Genn has died three times, been magically resurrected two of those times, has lost his city twice, required the opposing faction to help him take it back a second time, gets subverted and killed by a guy acting right under his nose, gets beaten up by peasants, runs face-first into his age-old enemy only to get his ass whooped, requires a magical deus-ex machina army to accomplish anything, then becomes leader of his faction by default after learning NOTHING from any of those experiences and not progressing as a character a single iota...

Then he might be even with Sylvanas' bad writing.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-05-09 at 08:41 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Genn is the most interesting non Varian alliance leader in years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What motive? He is literally chasing Sylvanas for no reason. Hes like one of those people that stalk women on social media, get rejected, and go shit-crazy after getting rejected and continue to stalk them.

- - - Updated - - -

Med'an isn't even in WoW.
    Truly, only a Sylvanas fanboy can be this dumb.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-05-09 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But that isn't even a character;P
    unfortunately blizzard has confirmed Med'an is in fact cannon, just not in the game currently.

You now need a reason to hate the undead queen, ripping your dears out of their graves?

That's like having some SJW during a Zombie apocalypse "Brain for Zombies" and "Zombies need to eat too!"

I think Greymane has enough reasons to completely kill every scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And it's not like Genn knows that the Forsaken were forced to on point of death to invade Gilneas; the Alliance does not know everything that is going on in the Horde and even if the SI:7 has picked up that information, Genn might still not know. It also doesn't change the fact that Garrosh is now very much dead for quite a while now yet the Forsaken have made no reparations for their forced invasion or offered a complete withdrawal from points south of the wall and they are still actively experimenting on civilians or PoWs.
    I don't think Genn's view would change even if he knew. Yes, Sylvanas was forced to do it but it was not like she regreted it. She took his son's life. That's all there's to it.

Saying Genn's rage is not justified is like saying a person's rage is not justified because his son is killed by another person forced by some necessities that he,the person who lost his son, does not care for a bit.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-05-09 at 09:02 AM.

If he's making you that furious, they must be doing something right with the writing.