Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Character love/hate threads are permitted, so long as the conversation within them remains civil. I know people put great stock (or volubly express great disdain) for specific characters - you can debate and argue those specific points so long as the thread doesn't devolve into trolling/flaming/etc.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    When Anduin departs with Turalion to train as a paladin fighting the remnants of the legion around the cosmos, Gen will be left responsible for SW and supposedly for the rest of the alliance matters.

Does he know how to hold a grudge and will he wage war against the horde ? Hell yeah.

Not that I'm saying Blizzard's writing is top tier, but could you explain what about negative character traits is bad writing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think hes badly writen, hyprocritical as all hell? For sure but not bad, I think hes actually the one interesting Alliance character. I'm scared for Velens character (narrative wise not dying wise) after the Legion is dealt with.

Also this goddamn forum has an insane hard on to call characters they don't like badly written, it actually loses it meaning completely. That's not how it fucking works.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2017-05-09 at 03:23 PM.

Not biased at all...

Deleted
    Genn is Dreadlord

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    That's an odd way to spell Sylvanas Windrunner.
    That's what I thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In practice what the Alliance did wrong was trust in the Horde to hold their flank in the first place
    It's even worse : throwing themselves in that kind of situation without a proper plan . It was a fight built on thin air with them allies forming their lines after someone (not the warchief even) just told them that they would hold the rear.
    WTF?
    As Krosus says : its a surprise that this world survived for so long.

Not even a fly on the radar of how badly Garrosh was written. Literally no one would follow this assinine chump unless it was written that way.

EDIT: Also, take away Sylvannas' boobs, she is a minor character, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythbo View Post

I hope this was informative.
    This guy gets it. In my own opinion I find it funny that people hate wrathion that much. I really like the character, you cannot truly read him, not because he's irrational but because he is rather deceptive.

About Genn's acusation of Sylvanas betraying Varian: the Broken Shore situation is strange because we don't know if the two factions had any form of communication mid-battle. The fact that they were working together indicates they should've at least decided how they'd communicate across the battle field. So, either Sylvanas is innocent and both factions are dumb for not having any form of warning each other despite having all that magic and tech in their hands, or Sylvanas hastily retreated while failing to give a warning to the Alliance, which in this cases it's betrayal indeed .

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought that 'Worst character written' award went to Illidan after becoming our Lord and Saviour.

Incoming hate... ;_:

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    About Genn's acusation of Sylvanas betraying Varian: the Broken Shore situation is strange because we don't know if the two factions had any form of communication mid-battle. The fact that they were working together indicates they should've at least decided how they'd communicate across the battle field. So, either Sylvanas is innocent and both factions are dumb for not having any form of warning each other despite having all that magic and tech in their hands, or Sylvanas hastily retreated while failing to give a warning to the Alliance, which in this cases it's betrayal indeed .
    They were at least aware of what the horn means, they heard the sign of retreat and knew the horde would leave. Though they never bothered to find out why, most likely due to the legion infiltration of SI 7.

So, either Sylvanas is innocent and both factions are dumb for not having any form of warning each other despite having all that magic and tech in their hands
    I will go with this one because they ARE dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They were at least aware of what the horn means, they heard the sign of retreat and knew the horde would leave. Though they never bothered to find out why, most likely due to the legion infiltration of SI 7.
    That's kinda like calling incoming warnings in PvP. It's meaningless to call "inc" if the enemy has already overwhelmed you. You need to warn in advance and hold the line for a while to give your allies time to react.

Truth is: Blizzard makes cinematics based on "rule of cool". They seldom bother to show things. One second, the Horde is fine, then it's overwhelmed. And one more second later, the Horde has already retreated. None of those events sound realistic.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-05-09 at 04:02 PM.

Still better than Sylvanas.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    There are so many shitty characters in WoW, Genn doesnt even come close.

Hes an angry, vengeance driven man. If it leads him to success or ruin is yet to be seen, but hes not a bad character.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-05-09 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I can't wait for Sylvanas to kill him.

That's kinda like calling incoming warnings in PvP. It's meaningless to call "inc" if the enemy has already overwhelmed you. You need to warn in advance and hold the line for a while to give your allies time to react.

Truth is: Blizzard makes cinematics based on "rule of cool". They seldom bother to show things. One second, the Horde is fine, then it's overwhelmed. And one more second later, the Horde has already retreated. None of those events sound realistic.
    The horde was overwhelmed in moments and separated through a giant cliff, sending a runner was out of the question as well, there was no connection to the alliance battlefield at the time etc. Sylvanas sounded the horn and the legion took over their position in a few moments after all, there wasn't much that could be done, lorewise communication on the battlefields happens through sound signals.

Both factions were in in a tight spot to begin with, they walked right into a legion trap and it played out, just like they had expected it.

Deleted
    Isn't it amazing when people stereotype themselves so much that you can tell who's thread it is before you even open it?