Poll: Which is most expendable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Weakest Class?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    What do you believe is the most expendable class?

I personally believe that rogues are currently the most expendable class.
    They were always squishier than clothies.

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    no way lol. dps DK is SOOOO much worse than a rogue.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

You're high. Play frost.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    My vote is for hunters, not for any sort of dps performance, but because every iteration of the class since Wrath has made it less interesting to play.
    The question was about the weakest, not the least interesting to play.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    The question was about the weakest, not the least interesting to play.
    I know, hence my clarification.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Shadow's in a pretty shitty place right now. Fun spec, garbage damage.
    What the fuck? Shadow priests are in a good place. The problem is that everything is on farm now so they don't really get the chance to shine like they do in progression fights. That's just the nature of the class.

Deleted
    Based on PvE;
    The conclusion of this thread is that 99% of people that vote don't do more advanced content than heroic raiding.
    If you actually go beyond that you soon realize that some classes become almost mandatory for dealing with mechanics (and always have been).

#1: Rogues might not be top DPS right now, but are they expandable? No, because they have a UNIQUE toolkit setup (feint/cheat death, cloak).

The question was which class is the most expendable (meaning not needed, interchangeable or least important).
    I would say either Priests (shadow is not OP like in the start of Legion, holy being average and disc totally garbage), Shaman (meanwhile Resto is really good for it's raid CD's, the other DPS specs are really mediocre) or Monk (Brew is really solid though, the other two specs nothing unique either in utility or damage wise).

Would probably vote for Monk in the end.

Monk IMO. There really is no weakest class, but overall, I find all three specs of monks to be middle of the pack or worse. There is another tank and healer that does their job better and in terms of damage WW only shines in 5 mans.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What the fuck? Shadow priests are in a good place. The problem is that everything is on farm now so they don't really get the chance to shine like they do in progression fights. That's just the nature of the class.
    It was good in nighthold, partly because we double dibbed on the haste buffs, but our new 7.2 traits are not that great and of course on farm it becomes more about single target. And that's also our issue moving on to tomb, it's a lot more single target focused, more fights where we won't be great at. That said we aren't as bad as a lot of people make it sound, all we really need is a small single target buff, as well as some quality of life changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    I'd rather watch paint dry than play a Frost DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

OT: Shaman. The DPS specs have generally been fairly weak outside of very specific niches, and resto only gets brought because it has 50 raid CDs.
    I guess you forgot about Ele and Enhance being absolutely god tier in MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    There seem to be a couple of classes that currently struggle with their kits (aside from performance). But I definitely think Rogue takes the cake here. While Cloak is awesome for a lot of mythic fights and sought after in your melee tier, the usefulness of rogues and other melees is vastly outshined by Havoc.

- (Horde) 2nd interrupt, which makes interrupt rotations significantly smaller

- great cleave and sustained burst during metamorphosis on par with BoS DKs

- Darkness is an amazing defense raid cooldown for a DPS class. Contender with warrior - Commanding Shout and spriest - Vampiric Embrace. Great synergy for melee heavy comps.

- on-demand AoE stun on par with monks and warriors

- amazing mobility on par with rogues that allows havocs to rotate into ranged roles for add killing for example. This makes melee heavy comp more viable.

- Blur allows Havocs to do immunity cheeses.

In my opinion it is not that rogues are bad or underpowered, but demon hunters take some of the best properties of other classes and speccs combined into a single one.
    rogue tools :
    cc/interupt :kidney shot , cheap shot , gouge , garrote , blind, kick, between the eyes

cleave : blade flurry , burst dps with either vendetta or ar/cotdb

mobility :sprint(outlaw can reset the cd so almost 100% uptime) , shadowstep , grapling hook

def cds : feint (coupled with elusivness makes your prety much cheese master), crimson vial ( will of valeera anyone?), evasion/riposte,need i mention the cheesing posibilites or cos .

in my opionion you have no clue ro never played a rogue

Monk is like the only possible answer

Of the 7 110s I have, and for the content I play them with (M+, WQs, non raid content) my rogue is by far the squishiest, my BM hunter is by far the best/fastest kill. Although I got into a situation the other day with my aff lock - 4 elites on me, 4 normals and I could not believe how hard it was to actually kill the Aff lock, in fact, I didn't actually die, I just kept draining life and eventually everything was dead.

All rogues benched in my raid group. They just don't bring anything to the table. Maybe if you have a sexy transmog and go female night elf you might get to come.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    All rogues benched in my raid group. They just don't bring anything to the table. Maybe if you have a sexy transmog and go female night elf you might get to come.
    Sounds like you have some pretty terrible rogues in your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a hard time picking Rogue or Monk.

I went over Dungeons/Raids/Open World/PVP categories.

Monk is just average everywhere (lame too), Rogue is usually good in PvP and raids - but lacking in dungeons (IMO right now, just AoE is boring) and open world is meh for both.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Rogue. I don't do Arenas much lately, but I spam a lot of BGs. And, well, Rogues (if I do meet any in BGs, which is a quite rare case lately), feel really underwhelming since 7.1 nerfs. Probably the weakest class in mass PvP or outside RMP / Rogue-Mage Arena combos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unbelievable that Rogue has so many votes.
    Mine goes to Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    I'd rather watch paint dry than play a Frost DK.
    Playing the classes' worst dps spec is gimping yourself/the raid :P Poor choice!

I play BM. It's pretty paint drying worth too.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Im surprised Survival didn't single handedly boost Hunters to #1 over Rogues or Monks.