Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss old the Eastern Plaguelands. The Darrowshire chain was great.

No, Blizzard vastly improved the old world with nice updates and interesting story elements

7+ Year Old Account
    yes very much, miss old durotar/barrens in particular
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Yeahhh. I miss the Barrens, Thousand Needles, Tanaris and Swamp of Sorrows. (Though Swamp of Sorrows is still my hang)

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

I agree.

I think a lot of Cataclysm zones are disjointed and ugly now.

Ashenvale and the Badlands are a great example of this. The Barrens looks ridiculous now. Especially with the MOP addition of the Kokron

Deleted
    I do actually.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I miss old the Eastern Plaguelands. The Darrowshire chain was great.
    The old Darrowshire questchain was one of the glitchiest questchains ever made, you know... >.>
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Miss yes, but what we have now is better.

I wish their dev team was a little smater and, instead of deleting the old zones, they could've created a portal in the Caverns of Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    give me back Darkshore and Ashenvale!

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Miss yes, but what we have now is better.

I wish their dev team was a little smater and, instead of deleting the old zones, they could've created a portal in the Caverns of Time.
    This would be what I want 100%

While I do hate that newer people didn't get to see quests like the ones from Linken, Larion and Muigen in Un'goro, Cata mostly improved things. It also turned generic looking woods, plains and empty zones into useful places with some character.

It really filled in some useless areas. Azshara was about pointless to set foot in at all. Zones like the Badlands had huge empty swathes where nothing happened. Other zones like Stranglethorn and the Barrens were just way too big with not much variety in the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    You're just sad you lost a part of your nostalgia, understandable, but these zones were shit and cata made them much better, sorry to tell you that.
    Good thing this fuckin genius is here to tell you how you really feel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    The old Darrowshire questchain was one of the glitchiest questchains ever made, you know... >.>
    Never ran into an issue with it myself, but it wouldn't matter. I'm speaking of the story it told, not it's stability.

If Battle for the Undercity turned out the be the glitchiest quest in the history of WoW, it'd still be my favorite quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    The looks yeah. The questions were mostly awful, excluding some great chains, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel some nostalgia, but the redone zones - and especially the questlines - are a much better experience. There used to be like 3 levels without any quest content around lvl 45, quests that awarded some 1% xp for traversing the whole world there and back, and so on. Classic leveling was a horrible experience, which was only acceptable because all the other MMOs were even worse.
    Last edited by Zka; 2017-05-10 at 06:01 AM.

Just old thousand needles
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Darkshore, Ashenvale and Felwood so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The Cata updates were mostly great. More importantly, it makes the world feel alive, to see the things change over time. WoW is an MMO with a story that keeps moving forward.

If you want things to remain static and the same forever, an MMO like this is just not the game for you. That's not how a game like this works. Places, characters, balances of power, change. A lot of people seem to have difficulty accepting that.
    Yeah, seeing people locked in battle forever, or permanent fire with people unendingly running around, certainly give a feeling of change and life instead of highlighting the static nature of the world even more

Having a peaceful village static at least can give the illusion of a day-to-day life. Having a movie action scene frozen is actually worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    Speaking of Kalimdor....one of my favourite Zones was Darkshore...its a shadow of what it used to be back in vanilla
    Well yeah that is true. Honestly when I posted this I was more thinking about the non elves territory. Barrens and below basically. But yeah you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah, seeing people locked in battle forever, or permanent fire with people unendingly running around, certainly give a feeling of change and life instead of highlighting the static nature of the world even more

Having a peaceful village static at least can give the illusion of a day-to-day life. Having a movie action scene frozen is actually worse.
    C'mon man. The game is episodic, you know that. The manpower doesn't exist to further the story in every place, all the time.

Periodic updates are the best we can get. I'm making an argument against those even against things changing from the way they were a dozen years ago. I believe the story moving forward is great. Let's not change an discussion for or against world progression to "lol, it doesn't update every day".

Some places will always be a hotbed of conflict in an adventure game. We can only hope to toss things around on occasion if we do want variation. Though I'll agree that peaceful places in the game are always appreciated too. It seems too often, we only get to see cool places when they are filled with enemies.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-05-10 at 07:00 AM.