Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That is a hard thing to gauge though. Especially if both parties are drunk.

Keep in mind, alcohol impairs your sense of judgement. So you asking for a impaired person to make a judgement on someone who is also impaired.
    It's not particularly hard to gauge imo. If they can't take care of themselves they're too drunk. I've been there with drunk friends after we have been out drinking, having to help them get to their home. I'd have to be in the same state to not be able to see that they can't take care of themselves.

LOL! Yes! More Regression!

I honestly have no clue how to solve any of these issues besides something like a Consent App (The new libido killer).

My honest answer is to educate people on how to handle their liqueur and to control themselves sexually (Both sexes). Aside from that, it is hard to control people once they are out of sight, and behind closed doors.
    well... when alcohol is involved I would say just don't do it? like, do some heavy petting or fooling around but skip the wham bam thank you mams for when you're sober. but as you said it would take some rather invasive oversight for this to never happen, which... in real life is going to happen regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    We could just address the issue and make it crystal clear to everyone that assualt sexual or not isn't acceptable. The severely punish those that do it. Also punish schools and other establishments that cover these things up.
    How do you prove without a reasonable doubt a he said she said rape case?

Just as we are discussing here. Two drunk people had sex. In the morning, one of them says they didn't consent, and calls a lawyer. How do you prove it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It's not particularly hard to gauge imo. If they can't take care of themselves they're too drunk. I've been there with drunk friends after we have been out drinking, having to help them get to their home. I'd have to be in the same state to not be able to see that they can't take care of themselves.
    I'd love to invite you drinking with me. I can appear to be quite sober after 5 rum and cokes.

It's not always easy to tell when someone is drunk, buzzed, or wasted. Different shapes and sizes and all that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you prove without a reasonable doubt a he said she said rape case?

Just as we are discussing here. Two drunk people had sex. In the morning, one of them says they didn't consent, and calls a lawyer. How do you prove it?
    well, in a perfect world you'd check with the local sex overlord to make sure they both filed their respective consent forms in triplicate before each progression of action. At least that's how some of these people would have it.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    well... when alcohol is involved I would say just don't do it? like, do some heavy petting or fooling around but skip the wham bam thank you mams for when you're sober. but as you said it would take some rather invasive oversight for this to never happen, which... in real life is going to happen regardless.
    This seems to be a good approach. However, alcohol impairs people's judgement, which is how you go from I refuse to drink and drive! To, I only had a few drinks, I can totally drive!

I will not have sex with her after we drink. Becomes, eh! she seems into it, lets go!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    well, in a perfect world you'd check with the local sex overlord to make sure they both filed their respective consent forms in triplicate before each progression of action. At least that's how some of these people would have it.
    "Oh Dark Powers of Ravenloft, here my cry. I'm horny as fuck, and she's lookin fine! Can I please have sex with her? I swear we are both sober enough!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This seems to be a good approach. However, alcohol impairs people's judgement, which is how you go from I refuse to drink and drive! To, I only had a few drinks, I can totally drive!

I will not have sex with her after we drink. Becomes, eh! she seems into it, lets go!

- - - Updated - - -

"Oh Dark Powers of Ravenloft, here my cry. I'm horny as fuck, and she's lookin fine! Can I please have sex with her? I swear we are both sober enough!"
    Alcohol detected, coitus denied. I'm imagining it as a robot. Because humans obviously can't be trusted with their own genitalia at this point.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol detected, coitus denied. I'm imagining it as a robot. Because humans obviously can't be trusted with their own genitalia at this point.
    OMG! And the image....Rosie from the Jetson's.

And if you are both deemed too drunk for sex....You can just....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OMG! And the image....Rosie from the Jetson's.

And if you are both deemed too drunk for sex....You can just....
    Row, row, F*** the power!

I'd love to invite you drinking with me. I can appear to be quite sober after 5 rum and cokes.

It's not always easy to tell when someone is drunk, buzzed, or wasted. Different shapes and sizes and all that.
    I have no experience with rum and coke so I have no point of reference. :/ We mostly drink beer or soju and it's quite obvious when someone have had too much soju to drink among me and my friends, don't think anyone has ever achieved that with only beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    row, row, f*** the power!
    holy crap!! Lmfao!

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Personally I believe if two drunk adults consent to sex, regardless of how drunk, no one should be held legally accountable the following day. Sadly, If we have reached a point in society where women can no longer decide what they can and can't do while drunk, maybe they shouldn't be allowed that freedom. I mean hell, if they run someone over they are responsible, why not consent ?
    Factor in what drunkenness does to your ability to make practical decisions and you'll find out that your logic makes absolutely no sense. When you're drunk, you're inhibiting logical thought processes and acting on instincts and emotions. In a drunken stupor, one moment you are happy, the next moment considering suicide. When you 'consent to sex', you aren't doing it through logical thought processes, just as you wouldn't be if you considered killing yourself in a low moment in a drunken stupor.

It shouldn't be a matter of 'allowing' anyone to do X or Y. Policing it is just as stupid as getting into those situations in the first place; a case of two wrongs not making a right. It's an extreme approach that benefits no one. The problems stem from lack of responsibility; in getting drunk to the point where you can't make solid decisions. The same situation applies to drinking and driving, and we aren't policing everyone's ability to drink just because there is potential for someone to drink and drive. The solution must stem from social responsibility - not letting your friends getting into a drinking and driving situation, finding a designated driver or knowing limits of alcohol intake. It doesn't mean we need to set any hard rule of 'women can't drink without supervision'.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-05-10 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

That's just stupid. Being drunk shouldn't allow others to abuse you.

Big difference between doing something to another and someone doing something to you.
    and what happens if that same woman in a drunken stupor, engages the man? She is therefore doing something... to someone else.

If you can't see the double standard there is no need for discussion.

I'm not advocating date rape... but you have to see there is a problem with the way these laws are being formed.

What constitutes drunk? 1 beer? 2 beers? Should we carry around a breathalyzer and a written consent form?

7+ Year Old Account
    should human be allowed to drink without supervision... some people people drive drunk and kill people, it look like humans can no longer decide what they can and can't do while drunk, maybe they shouldn't be allowed that freedom...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    should human be allowed to drink without supervision... some people people drive drunk and kill people, it look like humans can no longer decide what they can and can't do while drunk, maybe they shouldn't be allowed that freedom...
    Do you want sex overlord robots? Because this is how you get sex overlord robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    and what happens if that same woman in a drunken stupor, engages the man? She is therefore doing something... to someone else.

If you can't see the double standard there is no need for discussion.

I'm not advocating date rape... but you have to see there is a problem with the way these laws are being formed.

What constitutes drunk? 1 beer? 2 beers? Should we carry around a breathalyzer and a written consent form?
    Too drunk. Not drunk. Too drunk means being unable to take care of yourself.

The burden of proof that it was indeed a case of rape/sexual abuse doesn't rest on the client claiming that he/she was too drunk to give consent...?

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Are you somehow mental? If anybody, men should be supervised when drunk, because they usually commit more crimes in such a state.
    Uncomfortable truths don't belong!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no experience with rum and coke so I have no point of reference. :/ We mostly drink beer or soju and it's quite obvious when someone have had too much soju to drink among me and my friends, don't think anyone has ever achieved that with only beer.
    Based on this description of Soju:

Soju is a clear, colorless distilled beverage of Korean origin. It is usually consumed neat, and its alcohol content varies from about 16.8% to 53% alcohol by volume.

Rum can be in the same ball park. The thing is, Rum is very sugary, as is the coca-cola. So Rum and Coke, rather than making people seem tired and drunk, they can end up really hyper and active. I attend occasional geeky conventions. I can start drinking at noon, and end at around 3-5am the next day. None stop drinking for 15+ hours. In the time though, I may only finish 1 bottle of Rum and about 3 liters of coca-cola. My g/f on the other hand, has half a bottle of gin in 4 hours and ends up black out drunk.

All different shapes and sizes if you know what I mean.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My preferred liquor is scotch. It tastes like wood.

10+ Year Old Account
    My preferred liquor is scotch. It tastes like wood.
    mmm...good ole taste of Oak.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you want sex overlord robots? Because this is how you get sex overlord robots.
    when you see a thread like that it just shows robots are our only hope...