Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    We're at a point where we can buy legendaries with real money, by buying gold with real money and then buying the items with the gold. If people still don't admit it's pay 2 win, they never will. It's a waste of time having a discussion with these people. They drank the cool-aid.
    You know how else you can get legendaries? By literally just playing the game. More or less doing literally fucking anything in the game. And legendaries are still capped at 2. And legendaries are not some kind of fucking "I win" button. Everyone who plays the game has them and the crafted legendaries are fairly shit.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I'm here for swords and magic - fantasy.
    If I ever have to seriously sit and ask if Warcraft isn't any of these things, that'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    That pretty much exists right now. You can buy a token, sell it for gold, use that gold to buy legendary items or carry runs, and you'll be ahead. While I'm sure that's not 100% what you're talking about, it does already exist, even if in a roundabout way.

For me, I think I'm just less and less likely to support them if they continue on the route of forced content (Garrisons and AP grind) where you really have no choice but to do it, and they call it a great success. Sorry, but I don't consider something I have no choice but to pursue as great success. Something like AP, where it is literally in every aspect of the game; quests, raids, dungeons, etc. isn't a success or liked just because they happen to do content that has it, and Blizzard doesn't see that, they only go "People are doing it, it's a great thing!"
    That's not pay to win.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Selling gear or power directly.

I know, someone's gonna be like "but you can buy gold and then buy gear!". Yes, but that's a couple of pieces and they tend to be very expensive. People were buying gold anyway, whether through friends/guildmates or third party.

I'm talking about if they start selling tier sets, current heroic/mythic gear, or start selling other power increases (even temporary ones) for cash on their shop, where no game-play is even required.

I might also be out of modern WoW if they ever release an official Vanilla server, but I'd still be a customer in that case. Would probably also quit if they announced that the game wasn't getting updated any more.

For me it's:

If my friends leave I'm out. Don't care that much about features...

They've removed all I cared about a long time ago anyway. Now it's just about friends/social bonds with my guild honestly.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean all you do is make threads about how horrible the game is, i feel like ingame you would be much of the same, somone completes the artifact challenege and your first response "wow you waste so much time on the game"
    I'm the kinda guy that dances in Goldshire's inn, in a RP server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    I think this pretty much, otherwise gonna play until they shut down the servers and move on to private after that if I live that long.
    Why stick to a game (Private server) that you know will not be able to be updated to something "new" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

If we ever have to kill Jaina, I'm out.

Anything I can think of I don't really feel would ever happen. The game going free with P2W options would be one. Anything else is honestly something where I'd rather take a break from the game and come back once it's sorted. I sat out most of WoD and came back in Legion and.... frankly WoD was the only moment I ever thought to just cancel and be done since and... yeah, still here.

I think if they made a WoD2 that might break me off of WoW for good though.

Deleted
    If they removed raiding or went full P2W.

They already did. It was called WoD.

Turning Bolvar or Sylvanas into villains. Not everyone who's got angel wings on their backs have to be a villain.

if they removed LFR, it's best thing ever happened to wow.

If they remove tokens I'm out.
    I can't bring myself to spend more money on WoW. I've spent several thousand over the years from monthly sub to character/faction transfers for my wife and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    I actually was going to reply to this to say that there isn't anything, but your first one here might actually make me quit. She's my favorite character in the game and just going "lol she's always been bad and power hungry" would undermine my entire reference point for enjoying the lore and story.

The second one depending on how it manifested could be fine to me. Like if we expect 3-4 patches an expansion and paid 1/4th the price of an expansion for a patch there would be no difference.
    Totally agree with you on #1. She's my favorite also, and she's (imo, obviously) the one well-written female character Bliz has.

As for #2, given your scenario... sure. I'm not convinced they'd handle it like that, though, and the backlash from them producing a lackluster patch would be mind-boggling.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by nukie View Post
    really cosmetic shop items almost got you? how does the way another player or his/her mount looks (not giving them any gameplay advantage) impact you? You mad they are more sparkly then you? LOL
    This is so stupid it hurts.

World of Warcraft is fundamentally a multiplayer game whose core reward loop revolves around items and their appearance, as well as exploration of new places.

If you haven't grasped why it causes problems to have stuff like this in the game when that thing itself is the core reward loop, then there is no friggin' hope for you. The only reason I allowed it was because the item wasn't obtainable in the game itself, and was therefore easy to pick out and dismiss. If it had been actual appearances gained from playing the game well normally, yeah I'd have quit. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    you mean a boost to lvl100 when max lvl is 110 and shitty legendaries or a boe cape? how do you consider that winning?
    gaining an advantage via skipping content immediately because you have money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any type of P2W and I'm out.

since they have already broken the line that other MMO's crossed nope i guess not (outside of turning the servers off / making wow 2and making everyone start over). But that line is (was?) forced mob scaling. I despise it with a fashion and if it wasn't for my addiction i would have be done he second that made it live.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they remove the chance to get artifact skins after Legion ends for those that didn't get the skin during the expansion, I'm out.

Tired of buying a game and having chunks of it removed. What if I decide to level a Druid on the next expansion? No cool druid skins? Meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as they already put AP in the game, I'm out!