Poll: Will Trump be impeached in 2017?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    My money is on quit, not resign. As in, no call - no show. He'll just go on another vacation, and never come back.
    There's no "vacation' for the president. He gets followed around by an entire national security staff and he keeps running the government regardless of where he or she is and he is the one that makes the final decision on a lot of matters.

So unless Trump actually resigns he's not getting away from doing the job.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

15+ Year Old Account
    But he told "doctor" Oz that he has the health of a 30 year old.
    Is Oz his doctor?! Oh dear..

Actually I hope Dr Oz and Dr Carson are his doctors.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Resigning due to "health reasons" is always a possibility.
    He can't really do that either...since his campaign made a big deal about how healthy he is after Hillary had her little feinting incident.

The only way Trump gets impeached this year is if his supporters turn on him in bigly. Otherwise, the republicans won't risk upsetting them.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    The electoral college was created by the founders to prevent the Tyranny of the Majority.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyranny_of_the_majority

As for what electors can do, that's another matter.
    The third paragraph is what I'm talking about.

It was created to prevent a simple majority being able to put into office a demagogue or an unqualified person. There were enough signs throughout the campaign that the EC should have taken a much more thorough look at Trump before electing him to office, thus the EC failed in terms of its intent. It succeeded in preventing ordinary voters from directly uplifting the candidate, as always, but the electors themselves failed to go by the intent of the EC.

He should be, but i have a scary feeling that the party over country will shield him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    It's not just a thread. It's a poll.

Fresh and new.
    It is neither 'fresh' nor 'new'... a cursory search of the subject matter will reveal several threads wishing, hoping, predicting this particular event. Even if every single person that ever visited MMOC said 'Yes, he will be', it still probably wouldn't happen given that 1) the GOP controls the House (the body that drafts the articles of impeachment) and 2) the GOP controls the Senate, where any trial would occur... Not to mention, even if Trump WAS impeached, the GOP would still control both bodies, AND the White House given that the Vice President is also a Republican.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    The third paragraph is what I'm talking about.

It was created to prevent a simple majority being able to put into office a demagogue or an unqualified person. There were enough signs throughout the campaign that the EC should have taken a much more thorough look at Trump before electing him to office, thus the EC failed in terms of its intent. It succeeded in preventing ordinary voters from directly uplifting the candidate, as always, but the electors themselves failed to go by the intent of the EC.
    Every group of electors voted the will of their state... that is how it is supposed to be... Perhaps you should really read up on the EC before you say they didn't do their job.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Impeached in 2017? No, not with a Republican Congress.

The Secret Service just padlocking all the outside doors to the White House and slipping him Oreos through the mail slot for the next four years? Definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Ryan is a rat and will sell out Trump the moment he feels threatened.
    Wont happen till 2018 when his position gets threatened.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    The issue is the electoral college was designed to prevent someone like him becoming president, but it failed through self-interest.

"Drop it and accept it" isn't a very appealing option when it goes against the foundations of your country's political system.
    everyone and their mothers knew what is trump, what he thinks and what will he do

yet 49.5% americans voted for him, and he won via electoral college in the end.

so let them burn upon themselves, their choice, they should suffer for it to learn the lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Every group of electors voted the will of their state... that is how it is supposed to be... Perhaps you should really read up on the EC before you say they didn't do their job.
    I did.

American founding father Alexander Hamilton writing to Jefferson from the Constitutional Convention argued the same fears regarding the use of pure direct democracy by the majority to elect a demagogue who, rather than work for the benefit of all citizens, set out to either harm those in the minority or work only for those of the upper echelon. The Electoral College mechanism present in the indirect United States presidential election system, and the phenomenon of faithless electors allowed for within it, was, in part, deliberately created as a safety measure not only to prevent such a scenario, but also to prevent the use of democracy to overthrow democracy for an authoritarian, dictatorial or other system of oppressive government.[3] As articulated by Hamilton, one reason the Electoral College was created was so "that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications".[4]
    The EC was created to allow the elected officials to vote AGAINST what they were pledged to if it would keep the voters at large from electing someone unqualified, damaging to democracy, or a demagogue. That was the (part of) entire point behind the EC.

If every group of electors voting the will of their state was "how it's supposed to be" there wouldn't be any reason for the EC. You'd just have the popular vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    everyone and their mothers knew what is trump, what he thinks and what will he do

yet 49.5% americans voted for him, and he won via electoral college in the end.

so let them burn upon themselves, their choice, they should suffer for it to learn the lessons.
    49.5% of voting Americans. I believe close to half didn't actually vote.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    those who didnt vote, shouldn't talk shit, they didnt vote, its their fault, if someone dont vote and complains, he seriously should stfu, because he was the reason for trump to get on that chair.

i was talking about the one who voted anyways, at this point, impeach could spark a civil war, last thing we need is another fucked up country with asylums
    Last edited by Teaon; 2017-05-12 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naw, was around 45% that didn't vote. Still a 20 year high.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Naw, was around 45% that didn't vote. Still a 20 year high.
    45% is close to half!

10+ Year Old Account
    I did.

The EC was created to allow the elected officials to vote AGAINST what they were pledged to if it would keep the voters at large from electing someone unqualified, damaging to democracy, or a demagogue. That was the (part of) entire point behind the EC.

If every group of electors voting the will of their state was "how it's supposed to be" there wouldn't be any reason for the EC. You'd just have the popular vote.

- - - Updated - - -

the EC didn't agree with your assessment..

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    the EC didn't agree with your assessment..
    Yeah. Which means, in spite of all the data showing Trump to be a demagogue, they went for self-interest and preservation and elected him anyway. That's why I say they didn't do their job.

It boggles my mind how anyone in a position of power, unless they are of a similar mind, can look at Trump and think "Wow, there's a mentally fit, qualified man to become President, and who didn't make any indications throughout his campaign of being unworthy of that kind of power". Unless the people who were voted to fill out the Electoral College are idiots or of the same mindset as Trump himself, they went for self-interest over the EC's purpose of keeping the Presidency safe from a demagogue/unqualified candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Which means, in spite of all the data showing Trump to be a demagogue, they went for self-interest and preservation and elected him anyway. That's why I say they didn't do their job.

It boggles my mind how anyone in a position of power, unless they are of a similar mind, can look at Trump and think "Wow, there's a mentally fit, qualified man to become President, and who didn't make any indications throughout his campaign of being unworthy of that kind of power". Unless the people who were voted to fill out the Electoral College are idiots or of the same mindset as Trump himself, they went for self-interest over the EC's purpose of keeping the Presidency safe from a demagogue/unqualified candidate.
    Perhaps the EC members looked at HRC and thought similarly about her as you feel about Trump. Sadly, you dont always get who you wanted. Maybe in 2020 the Democrats will put up a better candidate.

He will be impeached just like the Reps thought Obama should be Impeached.

IE, he wont be.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

It's unlikely. He's been in the public eye for a long time and we have yet to see anything surface which would make him impeachable.

Hope so but doubt it.

It will become more likely in 2018 when dem's take over.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Going with No. He'll see out the four years and won't run for a second term. If I'm betting I'm betting on this.