Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It never stopped

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Pfff please. You think little.things like principles are gonna trouble these people? The republicans are here to win and principles are only good in so far as they assist that. They can and will be dropped in an instant if they can lock up more black people.1
    In this case I think it's to lock up liberals because it's the liberal states that legalized pot.

It's a clear shot at the left, but the ramifications could be devastating for the right as the ensuing court cases could erode their precious state's rights.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-05-12 at 08:01 PM.

Congrats to all the independents who love their weed and voted for Trump. You deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    In this case I think it's to lock up liberals because it's the liberal states that legalized pot.
    Also, giving people felony convictions to strip their voting rights is one of the side goals. Win / win for the right!
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

It's a clear shot at the left, but the ramifications could be devastating for the right as the ensuing court cases could erode their precious state's rights.
    States only have rights if they oppose abortion and black people voting. Anything else is a violation of federal law.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Also, giving people felony convictions to strip their voting rights is one of the side goals. Win / win for the right!
    Seems to be the goal. Another attempt at voter suppression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Good luck to them, that's a war they can't afford to wage and will lose if they try. California is the backbone of this country and will step up to any threat towards states' rights on marijuana, especially medicinal usage. Colorado will be just fine. They have the support of the vast majority of the nation.
    Yay for California.

I'd like you to show respect for our Elvish AG, and refer to him by his true name: Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III. Lets not let him slump away as Jeff. He is not Jeff from the neighborhood, he's Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, a proud man of the South, God, and the Law. What will Alabama do without him these 4 years and his Foghorn Leghorn accent?

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    States only have rights if they oppose abortion and black people voting. Anything else is a violation of federal law.
    You forgot opposing gay marriage.

15+ Year Old Account
    HATE Sessions and I regret voting for Trump. Not afraid to admit it...I made a mistake.

The US has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of its incarcerated, it is a crime against humanity.
    Sessions is doing this for his private prison buddies and it is infuriating. He is an absolute scumbag and Trump is an idiot for picking him and not stopping this BS!
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ilzan View Post
    You forgot opposing gay marriage.
    Christ, you're absolutely right. Not to mention keeping the gays out of bakeries, or else they'll taint the batter with their gay genes.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Christ, you're absolutely right. Not to mention keeping the gays out of bakeries, or else they'll taint the batter with their gay genes.
    Baked goods is how the gays spread their gayness.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    HATE Sessions and I regret voting for Trump. Not afraid to admit it...I made a mistake.

The US has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of its incarcerated, it is a crime against humanity.
    Sessions is doing this for his private prison buddies and it is infuriating. He is an absolute scumbag and Trump is an idiot for picking him and not stopping this BS!
    But just think if they can raise the incarcerated rates to 50-60% how little crime there would be???

This will mean interesting and scary things in the legal states.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Sessions is a huge step backwards and his selection was simply throwing the base red meat.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    This will mean interesting and scary things in the legal states.
    Are we pretending like the DEA wasn't raiding week places in legal states under Obama? Or that week places still couldn't deposit their revenue into banks under Obama?

Let's be honest, this is nothing new. The war on drugs never left.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Attorney General and racist Keebler elf Jeff Sessions has finally released his long-rumored policy on crime sentencing, instructing federal prosecutors to resurrect policies of the failed war on drugs:

I'm old enough to remember when hardcore lefties thought Clinton would be just as bad as Trump, even though she called for ending mass incarceration policies and reclassifying Marijuana. I also remember a lot of libertarians who thought Trump would be lenient on drug policy, even though he was surrounding himself with ideologues like Sessions who were lifelong zealots against recreational drugs.

I can only hope that the new policies will be equally enforced against white opioid users as other targeted populations. Haha! Right...

Buckle up, folks! We're only 4 months in!
    i think we all want the laws to be enforced harshly on white (any color) opioid user. that shit is not a joke and ruins lives. however going after marijuana users seems a little silly as the drug is better in every way than alcohol. ultimately it should be a state decision. if they want heroin legal fine fuck it, its legal. i sure as hell wont live there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Are we pretending like the DEA wasn't raiding week places in legal states under Obama? Or that week places still couldn't deposit their revenue into banks under Obama?

but trump bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    But just think if they can raise the incarcerated rates to 50-60% how little crime there would be???
    it will be quite nice then. i cant wait. and this guy makes it sound like its bad we are better at catching criminals, pfft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Good luck to them, that's a war they can't afford to wage and will lose if they try. California is the backbone of this country and will step up to any threat towards states' rights on marijuana, especially medicinal usage. Colorado will be just fine. They have the support of the vast majority of the nation.
    california aint shit

we mine more gold here yearly than the fucking golden state. you just big, need to broken up. once it is you will find your state sucks bad. dirty fucking freeways everywhere with the worst fucking people you will ever meet. i can safely say i hate california amd when my family wants to go for vacation i cringe every time. people been saying i cant wait for the big earthquake to come and knock CA into the ocean for the longest and for good reason.

now get down from your perch

To my understanding, no they weren't, the cash deal has more to do with the overall federal standing. Federally they are still criminal enterprises, banks being federally insured can't take money knowing it come from "Pete's Dispensary". That doesn't mean that the feds were pouring resources into raiding places in legal states either, which was my understanding.

While the war on drugs didn't end, there seemed to at least be an armistice with the legal states. One that looks to maybe be over.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

and out the window goes any intelligent talk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    To my understanding, no they weren't, the cash deal has more to do with the overall federal standing. Federally they are still criminal enterprises, banks being federally insured can't take money knowing it come from "Pete's Dispensary". That doesn't mean that the feds were pouring resources into raiding places in legal states either, which was my understanding.

While the war on drugs didn't end, there seemed to at least be an armistice with the legal states. One that looks to maybe be over.
    tell that to the idiot who got on cnn and showed them his grow operation. days later fbi raided him and told the idiot they saw him on tv and that is they flew their team out there to get him. in a medicinal state with a license. truth is manpower is low to find and target these and as long as they dont make waves they seem to be fine.

There was a decrease after the 2015, I think, change in federal law to accept the medical standing. prior to that yes, raids, but they dropped substantially and the majority took place in CA do to its poorly drafted law that set a lot of folks up for failure. Since then though there was a decrease and a kind of gentlemens agreement to stop it. Sessions is just taking a step back after we finally took one forward in 2015 (note how that coincides with COs legalization).

It is just uneeded rhetoric to come out and say we are going to reignite the war on drugs, which really is a foreign war more than domestic as most substances are brought into the country. By plane/boat/even sub at that, so that magic wall won't stop it. Sessions is a step back in policy no matter how it is viewed, and honestly has little to do with Trump beyond the appointment. Sessions is a pro-prison, anti-pot, anti-science, guy who has no business being AG. He couldn't even fathom how a federal judge could stop an EO. That is pretty basic level Law shit right there. He's a good ole boy from one of the most legal corrupt states in the nation, I'm not going to be nice to him. This is very little Trump and more Sessions, I would smash anyone who appointed this caricature of a southern plantation owner.

He is a Republican. Clearly he is invested in the private prison system that is a huge money maker for the owners and merely a burdon for the tax payer. Well worth it to someone that is in it to earn money. Even more so since he is rich and also going to be getting a tax cut on top of it.