Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klanker5 View Post
    It's pretty standard for guilds to have this kind of thing, we have a line that says "Don't forget to tell us that you haven't read the rules so that way we know you have".

So when the standard "i've read the rules" comes in, we know he hasn't.

Also, people should read the rules, it's pretty important considering every guild is different.
    This is a decent example of why people increasingly don't much care about guilds. Just about everyone who reads this thread that is already inclined that way nods and is a little more that way. BS like this isn't helping revive a damaged guild and raiding scene. I suppose I understand why some guilds believe they need to do this but in the end it's petty and not a little bit stupid.

Guilds having problems recruiting for raid teams that do this get what they deserve.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-05-14 at 06:16 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Herpie View Post
    This guy has serious mental issues, no question about it.
    ...says one of the people having an internet circle jerk with anyone else who has clever comments about OP's mental state...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    No, it's weeding out no one because the application decides anyway.
    Is that your guild or can you prove your CLAIM?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Also, people should read the rules, it's pretty important considering every guild is different."

No, you're probably NOT all that different, you just want to think you're special. What rules are so unique that 'don't be a jerk' isn't enough?

Guilds with hidden shit like this, with long and arcane rules are run by power tripping geeks who don't have any real world experience at creating and motivating teams.

I don't know which is more telling, the fact that you failed a classic retard check or the fact that you're losing your marbles over it.

Judging by the very first line after your edit in the OP, I'm going to venture a guess that the problem is with you, and not with the guild trying to make sure that you can actually pay attention.

Deleted
    Guild with rules and tedious application forms? Wtf. Last time I saw this was about classic vanilla alpha when guilds formed without the game actually out. That's when there was room for this form of idiocracy - since there was nothing else to do but butthurt about your guild is run.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    But he is 9/10M on his other main, and 10/10M on his other main. And on this main he got ejected. Also he have been in 3 guilds total, and one that he left everyone asked to add him on friend list.

Sadly, we dont know which guild is that, but boy, do they dodged a bullet.
    Based on his post history i doubt that OP is 10/10, or its 10/10 but got carried.

Jesus, it's only a game

Sorry let me hash tag that for you..

#firstworldgamingproblemsgetalife

15+ Year Old Account
    Guilds implementing gimmicky garbage 'retard checks' AND TAKING IT SERIOUSLY are mental.

#IAMSOSMART

Wait, casual guilds have applications?

My guild is 7/10M (semi-casual considering ToS is almost out) and I didn't have any app to deal with.

OT: OP, I agree with you on the sense that it was poorly placed but I don't think the retard check is a bad thing, especially if someone doesn't have logs. If I were to see an app with good logs but failed the retard check, I'd ignore the check. No logs/progression and failed the check? Bit different. That said, it should have been on the rules page since most people skip those pages and that would be a significantly better check than on the app.

That's just me though and I'm one guy.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I've been in guilds who did shit like this.

Simply put, it's a retard check. Usually if an application was decent and they failed the retard check, we'd give them a try anyway. But if they failed the retard check and they're a shitty-to-mediocre app, we would simply never respond to them and when they eventually wondered why, we'd refer them to the retard check they failed.

I'm not saying that's what happened in your case, but it gave us an easy "out" when we got an app that was merely "okay."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What you are saying, is, this check is pointless, because you read the application anyway to decide if the applicant is a "retard" (my god how i hate this word)

Quote Originally Posted by Slakkers View Post
    What you are saying, is, this check is pointless, because you read the application anyway to decide if the applicant is a "retard" (my god how i hate this word)
    It wasn't completely pointless. We judged applicants on the merits of the bulk of their application. (Mostly parses.) But if you were too fucking stupid to read the instructions on the application, you'd probably be too stupid to dodge a raid mechanic or pay attention to raid instructions. And like I said, it gave us an easy out to ignore players who weren't even worth the effort of replying to their application with a simple "declined."

Deleted
    It's just a waste of time. If guilds who do this would just hint "we do retard check during application process" they would save so much time for the guy who thought applying since he most likely will now decide to not even try. This "retard check" goes both ways you see.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    it's 2017, why are you still bothering with guilds that ask you for a fucking job resume to raid?
    if I was looking for a guild, the first point of exclusion would be the need to make an account on a random website and pour out my reali life for them to evaluate me. fuck that. there are enough rules on my workplace, don't need those in a videogame too.
    This is among the reasons that I don't raid with a regular group anymore. Job applications...in a game...with some bullsht "Where's Waldo" nonsense hidden in it...no. Just no.

I hear guilds complain all the time that they have trouble finding good raiders. And I couldn't be happier.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

"oh no, a random guild asked for something specific on a guild apply! Someone tell the internet!"

Who cares dude, get over it.

Most guild applies consist on asking for a armory link, wooopidy doo... "real life work application", are you guys for real?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "oh no, a random guild asked for something specific on a guild apply! Someone tell the internet!"

Who cares dude, get over it.

Most guild applies consist on asking for a armory link, wooopidy doo... "real life work application", are you guys for real?
    But he is 9/10m on his other main and 10/10m on his other main, he is really good, he can't get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    I am just shocked and I mean shocked by the responses of some people.
    you must be new to internet if its shocking you -_-

especially on site filled with people feeling need to flex their hardcorenss e-pen with every single oportunity.

you basickle asked for those responses by posting it here

you want civilised answear post it to official forums not here -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is a decent example of why people increasingly don't much care about guilds. Just about everyone who reads this thread that is already inclined that way nods and is a little more that way. BS like this isn't helping revive a damaged guild and raiding scene. I suppose I understand why some guilds believe they need to do this but in the end it's petty and not a little bit stupid.

Guilds having problems recruiting for raid teams that do this get what they deserve.
    this is more then true - why to deal with all this nonsense and bs when you can just do lfr while watching tv and have fun instead dealing with elitest idiots - thats why raiding will never be popular besides best mode most liked by playerbase aka lfr

Deleted
    Be happy you dodged yet another shit guild.

I can only imagine the time spent fuming on the internet could've been better spent elsewhere. Perhaps, more guild apps?

10/10 read though. I especially enjoyed around page 4 where, I assume, an officer of said guild showed up and nobody batted an eye. I hope we see more threads like this with the approach of ToS.

ToS? I hope i didn' trigger anybody.