Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Do you think this accurate ?
    May 15..MMO champion 4.5 millions characters.....

May 13 MMO champion 1.9 million active accounts.......

The number is accuracy depends on there wow armoury AI BOT... I say it is pretty good. The only people it dont count is probably those that have been active and dont have a level 110 toon...there cant be many of them...and quite frankly who cares they dont count.

This is also US/EU...and dont count asia accounts.

WoW peak had shit load of asian accounts...

now what does this mean> WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!!

From Dec 15, 2004
    Before we get too far into Warlords of Draenor, there are a few outstanding requests for some final armory stats. This sample was updated right up until Patch 6.0.2 went live and looks at accounts active from September 1st onwards, which was 2.3 million accounts and 6.8 million characters.

using the same metric....current population is down 400,000 people since just before WOD...and just before wow saw a jump because new xpac/blizz con.

so we lost somewhere between 1 and 400,000 people in three years.

also...people play less alts..in a alt unfriendly xpac.....

This is why Blizzard has been developing these other games, cuz they know WoW is the sinking ship. And they did a solid job with those other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

If that above quote is true from WoD:

Before we get too far into Warlords of Draenor, there are a few outstanding requests for some final armory stats. This sample was updated right up until Patch 6.0.2 went live and looks at accounts active from September 1st onwards, which was 2.3 million accounts and 6.8 million characters.
    Then it's definitely not accurate since we know WoD had 10million active accounts, officially stated by Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    4.5 characters ,not players
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

You don't know how many subs there are, and these figures aren't accurate since they don't represent subs. Haters grasping at straws is the reason Blizz stopped releasing this info. Microtransactions make wow now more profitable than ever, and if you think they will slow down this cash cow in the next 5 years, you are badly mistaken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Then it's definitely not accurate since we know WoD had 10million active accounts, officially stated by Blizzard.
    The 2.3m accounts was from around the Wod lauch were subscriptions went beyond 10 million. Lets say they didnt the exact peak and assume subscription patterns are similar in different regions. Then we could say that the 1.5 million accounts right now translates into about 6 million players worldwide, which seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

US/EU vs Asia

Active account some time during the xpac....active account for the past month...

max level toon vs some casual who is still leveling....
    max level toon who has raided or is part of a guild that raided.....

look at what the definition is.....what is in it and does it matter...i see no issues taking it as an accurate number of the player base that i can log in nighttime and find in LFR/group finder (ignoring the US/EU limitations :P)...its not perfect but its a accurate enough measure to get some indication of the magnitude of change.

the mod closed my other thread i started....saying dont look into there data mining ...people got to stop being scared and defensive over their own work.

From this data you can see the change over three years from pre-wod /that year blizz con active accounts (when things would of jumped up) to mid-xpac lawls three later

the change in population from the US/EU datamining from those two periods is 400,000

but how much of 400,000 is because of pre-wod hype? (same people would of came back for legion but quit by now)

the max lost of players over three years is about 17% (rounded up to 1/5)....but it can be as little as 1% b/c it is impossible at the moment to know how much that active player base estimate was inflated due to wod-hype.

It is even possible we have more players now then mid-mop.......there were more post like those on mmo-champion but i cant fidn em at the moment...why i created another thread to get help.

I find it very interesting....
    something i was trying to look into but some mod closed the other thread.

but to be honest ...my opinion on the true population of wow is from wow progress....if you dont match their population definition you just don't exist to me!
    Last edited by Banard; 2017-05-15 at 02:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's the size of the sample, not necessarily the size the entire population.

If we take Legion as performing a bit better than WoD ... then we are probably at 6m or so subs across the board at the moment.
    Wtf no. Then we gonna look at around 4M subs. Maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Even if it's "as low as 4.5M" which isn't low at all, aye? What does it matter really? That's more than enough to keep content coming and keep the game alive.

The MMO brand is a lot weaker nowadays than it has been the past 10 years, that's just the fact of things. People who grew playing MMOs are older now with responsibilities and busy life so they went casual or quit altogether. Another possibility could be just chilling and playing some other multiplayer games instead of turned to single player games, and the newer generation of gamers prefer casual simple stuff, as been said - low effort high reward stuff and MMOs are the exact opposite of that.
    This is so bullshit. Think most old MMORPG players are ashamed where the genre headed towards to.
    Go to any MMORPG list of upcoming games. all you read is "Nonsense and shit" on every game that is releasing and has been. Go to any old popular game and read those comments "I remember the days when this game was good" comments.

the MMORPG market changed to the new generation, yet they don't care as much since they are more into FPS or MOBA. The older generation don't like the changes at all and also move on, because hey, They sorta ruined the genre.

So what do we have left? A MMORPG genre where not new players nor old players feel really happy with playing.

Other words, It is a genre that is gonna head the RTS way. Dead to the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    According to the statistics 99% of all statistics are wrong.

Lol, I'd put it more around 7 million. Hell, if they mean that Legion performs slightly ahead of WoD's highest number in the first quarter, we could be at above 10 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    is 4.5 million not alot then?
    Remember, WoW has been dead for a fact since TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    This is why Blizzard has been developing these other games, cuz they know WoW is the sinking ship. And they did a solid job with those other things.
    A sinking ship pulling 800 million USD on bad years.

You people are fucking delusional, are you that needy of believing that this game is dying? I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day, and you people are just repeating the same shit over and over until you're right... which, going by other far less successful mmorpgs still being around, might never happen.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-15 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post

The math is too overwhelmingly accurate to disprove! WoW's dying. Sell all Blizzard stock! Invest in CS:GO! Sell! Sell! Sell!
    WoW isn't even their money maker anymore. I bought stock before WoD and it's doubled in value since, but I get the reports sent to me and it is NOT due to WoW. It's basically Hearthstone and Destiny(Activision stock is the same).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Lol, I'd put it more around 7 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember, WoW has been dead for a fact since TBC.

- - - Updated - - -

A sinking ship pulling 800 million USD on bad years.

You people are fucking delusional, are you that needy of believing that this game is dying?
    Drawing in vs how much does it cost them? It isn't making as much as their other things now. You're citing gross income not profit.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    WoW isn't even their money maker anymore. I bought stock before WoD and it's doubled in value since, but I get the reports sent to me and it is NOT due to WoW. It's basically Hearthstone and Destiny(Activision stock is the same).

- - - Updated - - -

Drawing in vs how much does it cost them? It isn't making as much as their other things now. You're citing gross income not profit.
    So you're trying to tell me that WoW costs them so much that 800 million USD on a bad year doesn't translate into enough profit for the game? Because last time I checked, they've got 2 expansions in the works and the 3rd one is likely in the concept stage.

WoW not making as much as their titles that have more players is pretty damned obvious, but to try and insinuate that WoW isn't making absolute bank...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-15 at 03:23 PM.

is 4.5 million not alot then?

I guess it could be. How many characters have you logged in the last month? 5 of them are mine and i assume most people have a few.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I guess it could be. How many characters have you logged in the last month? 5 of them are mine and i assume most people have a few.
    i only have 1.

Most definitely, because a 4.5m sample size on MMO-C's front-page that isn't even about population, nor does it say it's every active character and the sample size NEVER has been, is definitely reason to think this means there's only 4.5m active characters.

*mic drop*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think it is higher.

i only have 1.
    Fair play to you. I could never play just one.

Characters, not subs, that's all it's saying. I resubbed last month and had 7 characters at 110 that I actively did each day, sending out their order hall followers. I have two other friends that have close to 20 between the 2 of them.

I think it's safe to assume that most people have at least 2 characters that they play, even if only to send out from their order halls.

Do I think 4.5 million subs is accurate? No, I think WoW is probably sitting around 2 million, and that's being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    But Legion is doing so good, it's the best we've ever had!
    For Blizzard, sure it made money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    I don't know what kind of magic Blizzard uses, but playing WoW now feels like it has the most players in it's lifetime.

I rarely played any game that has grouping as fast as WoW does these days, taking into account even peak launch days of other MMOs.

I log in at very weird hours cause of my work, like now, when it's 11:30 am on monday and I'm spamming groups no problem whatsoever.
    I'm pretty certain it's because of cross-server stuff. Before then it could be high, could be low, depended on your server population even during its perceived peak. Now people from other servers kind of fill the gap if your server is lacking.

No

In other news, Koala is not a bear.