Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I will give it a shot. It'll probably depend on the queue times, but I will give it a go on LFR when it is an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's already pretty ez now with premade

imagine how much more ez they'd make it with LFR.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is great news, this iconic raid should not be on a queue at all, and it will take actual skill to complete.
    are they changing the raid? nothing back then needed "skill". The boss fights back then were pathetic compared to mythic raid fights today. I think the hardest thing about raiding back then was the DC boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I will give it a shot. It'll probably depend on the queue times, but I will give it a go on LFR when it is an option.
    I will probably give it a shot if it ends up being queueable. This not being the case would, however, be a definite dealbreaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I will probably give it a shot if it ends up being queueable. This not being the case would, however, be a definite dealbreaker for me.
    I am severely leaning that way myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Doubtful. If they removed LFR tomorrow they'd lose next to no money. Same thing goes with this case.
    Not immediately of course but slowly they'd lose all of their casual lfr crowd permanently

It literally said this in the very first 7.2.5 patch notes.

The time has come to join a raid of 10-30 adventurers and venture back in time to The Black Temple in Outland. You’ll be scaled to player level 70 and item level 141 on your way into this memorable highlight of the Burning Crusade expansion.

When Burning Crusade Timewalking is active, premade groups of 10-30 players may queue for Black Temple Timewalking by speaking to Vormu in Shattrath City.

So I don't get why there would be any controversy or why people believe it would be single queuable like LFR.
    I also don't get why people think this would create any problem in the first place, just join a group in the tool. Itemlevel doesn't matter in timewalking, so even if you will see retarded itemlevel requirements in the first pass they will quickly be reduced as timewalking is supposed as a way to gear up new chars or alts, "mains" won't be running this raid for loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It literally said this in the very first 7.2.5 patch notes.

The time has come to join a raid of 10-30 adventurers and venture back in time to The Black Temple in Outland. You’ll be scaled to player level 70 and item level 141 on your way into this memorable highlight of the Burning Crusade expansion.

When Burning Crusade Timewalking is active, premade groups of 10-30 players may queue for Black Temple Timewalking by speaking to Vormu in Shattrath City.

So I don't get why there would be any controversy or why people believe it would be single queuable like LFR.
    I also don't get why people think this would create any problem in the first place, just join a group in the tool. Itemlevel doesn't matter in timewalking, so even if you will see retarded itemlevel requirements in the first pass they will quickly be reduced as timewalking is supposed as a way to gear up new chars or alts, "mains" won't be running this raid for loot.
    Its like you people chose to a brick wall and refuse understand.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not having it queuable would be such a waste. If it's premade only those of us who raid will check it out MAYBE once ever, the majority of people will never get to see it, and then when participation is that low we never get another TW raid. Good job.

You do queue for it, but not LFR style. You need to form a group then queue. They don't want people flying back through outland I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Not having it queuable would be such a waste. If it's premade only those of us who raid will check it out MAYBE once ever, the majority of people will never get to see it, and then when participation is that low we never get another TW raid. Good job.
    That's such a nonsense excuse. Its easy, why wouldn't they see it? Because putting a group together is too much effort?
    If that's the case, unsub. You are wasting other's time in this game if that basic level of socialization is not in your interest.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Yea this,

Everything is completely different to how it was in tbc.

1) Tanks don't use defense rating any more, so don't need to sacrifice Stam / DPS items to make the hard cap.
    2) Same with parry and dodge gone
    3) We don't have hit gear any more, so again, we can take a item which is a bigger dps increase opposed to one which is less but has hit on it
    4) Talents are completely different and more focused.
    5) DH, DK and Monks are here
    6) We can use the latest enchants and use them, even if we were running in proper 70 gear, we can enchant that with current enchants, regardless its scaled down its still op
    7) Artifacts, all of them have an extra ability that do a good bit of damage or causes you to do a nice bit of damage (from what I've level'd so far), these will all be an extra mechanic / damage source that wasn't built for BT level, aka it expected the avg player to put out 500 dps, with an artifact it might pump out 700 (very simple example)
    8) Legendaries, I'm more than willing to bet people are going to be running, the cape, the ring, the two Legion ones and one version of the legendary wep. I know Ill be running glaives on one character and shadowmourne on another for the lols.
    9) A general better raid experience background for just about every player that will attempt this. From my own experiance running, EN normal hc, ToV normal hc and NH normal every week in a pug on 3 characters, I have only once see two people in the group not have the curve achi and that was my first time running ToV HC in a pug. If we zoom back to TBC. Your entry level raid was kara, then maggies and gruuls, then things took a sharp step upwards when approaching BT or SSC etc. Most people only saw these raids in a dedicated guild, now, people are clearing current in pugs, hell I even see mythic EN and ToV pugs. Guess I'm saying people are just going to more aware.
    10) Back to stats - remember I mentioned lack of parry / defense / hit etc. Well you could argue on items that would have those stats, we now have mastery and Vers both of which I think are incredible op for older raiders.
    11) As Ribesal mentioned, people do above 12k damage in TBC time walking, do you know how much DPS we freaked out over on these fourms during TBC on a Illidan kill? Just. Over. 1k. A warlock got above 1k DPS on Illidan and I remember these forums losing their shit over how high that was.

Theres probably 3 dozen more reasons I could come up with, but I think people will get the point. The mechanics of the old wow compared to where we are today aren't balanced, and never will be. The odds are we're going to go in and face stomp everything. There might be a few abilities here or there which catch is out, like if they reintroduce the damage reflect back on whats her face, the thing of desire, anger etc. But I imagine people will learn those pretty quickly
    And... they wouldn't tune the dungeon with all the things you just said in mind... because why again?

Deleted
    Wouldn't it be cool if they actually allowed LFR, but then tuned it to current heroic raid levels? So that basically only those LFR groups that actually queue as a group would have a chance in hell to finish it?

And then went back and said: "You wanted LFR, we gave you LFR" instead of folding to the incessant whining that the majority of players of this game seem to have adopted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if they actually allowed LFR, but then tuned it to current heroic raid levels? So that basically only those LFR groups that actually queue as a group would have a chance in hell to finish it?

And then went back and said: "You wanted LFR, we gave you LFR" instead of folding to the incessant whining that the majority of players of this game seem to have adopted.
    No, if its queueable it should be faceroll like all queable content. That has become pretty clear after the cata heroics, they cant make difficult queueable content or the rage on the forums would be insane.

Thats why I really hope they dont change their mind and make this queueable. Because if u want to faceroll BT u can just solo the instancec right now, lfr only exists to show players the instance.

So there is absolutely 0 reason to make it lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    If u want a faceroll BT raid, why dont u just solo the instance right now?
    And Im pretty confident the majority of players these days use the looking for group system in game. Most people who are interested in this will pug it easily.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    Well, the mechanics in timewalking dungeons weren't changed, too. Yet they can be completely ignored.
    Our skills are different, scaling is different. What did we have back then? 8k hp? what does a lvl 70 char have now? Way above 12k, and damage, too.
    I doubt there will be much "nostalgia". Or skill needed.
    I got a screenshot from an illidan kill back then on EU October 2008, warlock 12000 hp, 1000 dps.

I know this wasn't the first time around when I killed Illidan (I played US TBC 2007-2008) sadly don't have screenshots of that anymore. But I remember killing him for like 5 months straight at the minimum back then on US.

Anyone got the hp numbers of timewalking Supremus? Screenshot shows 4.5m back in 2008.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-17 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    And... they wouldn't tune the dungeon with all the things you just said in mind... because why again?
    because its a temporary event? and doing everything I just said isn't just a flick of a switch and boom it works. Sure, they might increase HP, reduce damage, but bringing it completely up to scratch and have it tuned to legion level? They may as well build it from scratch.

Regardless, I'm making my observations based on every other TW event we've seen, Molten Core to the latest Cataclysm ones released. Everything has been face stomped, even End of time the last boss. You can do that with one arm tied behind your back and not using the hour glass and like I said its a temporary event, it's just not worth the effort.

But by all means, if within the first week its out no one has cleared it feel free to re-quote me and tell me I told you so

I can confirm that the Black Temple Timewalking Raid will not be queueable!

Confirmed on PTR, could not queue could only make a group.

This is great news, this iconic raid should not be on a queue at all, and it will take actual skill to complete.

I'm extremely happy Blizzard hasnt changed any of the mechanics either. Huge nostalga for me!

Source:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Return to Karazhan "wasn't queueable" and then people didn't use it and lo and behold it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    The MC event was a 3-4+ hour shitfest with mouthbreathers who continually wiped the raid either through trolling or a sheer inability to follow basic directions.
    Also known as the OG MC experience.

They will probably make it queue-able because the rewards aren't exactly that great, and participation won't be very large because the people who take the time to form a group wont be doing it much. They want participation rates up to justify doing other tw raids, and people who would que are the type where gear wouldn't be too bad for.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that the Black Temple Timewalking Raid will not be queueable!

Confirmed on PTR, could not queue could only make a group.

I'm extremely happy Blizzard hasnt changed any of the mechanics either. Huge nostalga for me!

Source:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I heavily doubt that, that only confirms that premades have to group up and do It that way.

Still might be queueable and dumped down and I expect It will, then we'll get Tempest Keep or some shit like that.. jebus. What has WoW become... please stop It Blizz ._. It hurts
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post

That's such a nonsense excuse. Its easy, why wouldn't they see it? Because putting a group together is too much effort?
    If that's the case, unsub. You are wasting other's time in this game if that basic level of socialization is not in your interest.
    It is not that they can't. They just don't want to play with thoroughly unpleasant people like you. Give me random strangers all day rather than prima donna raiders who look down on everyone.