10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I'd be kinda tempted to move to new EU server myself, but don't want to leave FC behind on Odin.
    Come to the dark side... WE HAVE COOKIES! (and a low latency to boot)

So, I'm at the light step for my Anima. Should I just run A1S until I'm good ?

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    More or less. A9S is also an option, apparently, but it's not a near-guarantee you get fast clears, unlike A1S. For your own sanity, though, only run it when it is in bonus.

Also, run any expert/60 roulettes and 24 man HW raids on said job to help it along as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    A1S until your eyes bleed is pretty much the safest way to go. A9S can be used as well but it's more of a grab bag on if your group is competent enough to chain quick clears of it while A1S is a couple minute faceroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    More or less. A9S is also an option, apparently, but it's not a near-guarantee you get fast clears, unlike A1S. For your own sanity, though, only run it when it is in bonus.

Also, run any expert/60 roulettes and 24 man HW raids on said job to help it along as well.
    If you are like me and have lots of 260 shire gear to upgrade, you can also alliance raid and gather lights and grab tokens for gear upgrades.

Thanks all, I'm gonna stick with A1S it's proccing like crazy fast.

Quote Originally Posted by supermage View Post
    If you are like me and have lots of 260 shire gear to upgrade, you can also alliance raid and gather lights and grab tokens for gear upgrades.
    Yep; I have a stash of 18-20 of each token, which is enough to cover any remaining shire gear I get (whether's that is now or during SB from running older content).

Manifesto will help me track the number of time I did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So apparently you gotta finish the vanilla story as well as Heavensward to start leveling through Stormblood, right? Is this what you have to do to unlock the Samurai as well?

I am thinking about resubbing to the game now but there's only a month left until the expansion hits, I'm going for the Samurai in particular as most of the other jobs don't interest me. Do you think I'll make it in time?

My highest toon is only like lvl 25 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    So apparently you gotta finish the vanilla story as well as Heavensward to start leveling through Stormblood, right? Is this what you have to do to unlock the Samurai as well?

I am thinking about resubbing to the game now but there's only a month left until the expansion hits, I'm going for the Samurai in particular as most of the other jobs don't interest me. Do you think I'll make it in time?

You can unlock the new jobs at 50. Don't even think you need to complete all the 2.0 story. Believe it's only the Ishgardian jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist) that are content gated that far.

But yeah, you have to finish the MSQ to start Stormblood.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    You can unlock the new jobs at 50. Don't even think you need to complete all the 2.0 story. Believe it's only the Ishgardian jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist) that are content gated that far.

But yeah, you have to finish the MSQ to start Stormblood.
    Question is if I'll make it in time though. I have tons of people that can help me with the primal bosses and so on.

Question is if I'll make it in time though. I have tons of people that can help me with the primal bosses and so on.
    It's really not THAT long if you just plug away at it, but I don't know how much time you have in your life to game so no clue.

The nice thing is that some of the choke point areas can be helped a lot thanks to Palace of the Dead. There are a lot of points after like 34 to 50 where you have to get a couple extra levels to advance and they added a ton of downtime to the leveling to stretch it out. Palace speeds you through those so quickly now. Once you hit Heavensward, it's pretty much smooth sailing.

The post 3.0 story stuff also isn't near as long and obnoxious as 2.0 was, imo, with things like the Warring Triad being side quests.

you can reach 50 pretty quick, currently it's 50-60 that's kind of long.

To get into the Stormblood quests, yes, you'll have to finish all of ARR and HW MSQs.

SAM will unlock once you finish the quests up through 2.0, so it and RDM will be accessible much sooner than the HW jobs.

If you're logging on daily and putting some progress into it, you should be able to clear through all of the quests before early access begins. Would be cutting it close, but it is doable.

I recently played an alt through the post 2.0 stuff. She got to 50, finished the Praetorium 24 man and was parked. So recently I started playing to get her to Heavensward content. Took 3 days (long Sunday and 2 short weekday afternoons) skipping about 40% of cutscenes, so it'll take a bit longer if it's your first time (I watched everything with the Crystal Braves related stuff and the Doman refugees/Lady Yugiri). I did all of my play using duty finder to run all dungeons/primals, etc.

If you have folks to help you through it, you should breeze fairly quickly!

That said, since Samurai unlocks at 50, that means at least you can be leveling the new job as you play through Heavensward MSQ if you don't finish.

As for Heavensward, I think I played 2, maybe 3, evenings and I'm around 30% through the MSQ. The post 3.0 MSQ is shorter as well.

Keep at it! You've definitely got enough time to get to 60 before Stormblood!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a job where I can choose my own times / work from home so maybe I'll be able to make it in time after all then.

step 1: do main story quest
    step 2: do mandatory dungeons
    step 3: pad between with palace of the dead
    step 4: hit 50
    step 5: when stormblood releases go unlock SAM
    step 6: do the ARR post 2.0 story and HW story to level your samurai.

Gonna stop for today, got almost half of the runes light up in 4 hours. FeelsGoodMan

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    step 1: do main story quest
    step 2: do mandatory dungeons
    step 3: pad between with palace of the dead
    step 4: hit 50
    step 5: when stormblood releases go unlock SAM
    step 6: do the ARR post 2.0 story and HW story to level your samurai.
    damn this is a good idea. been lvling an alt that's going rdm or sam so guess i'll save post-2.0 stuff.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002050.html

anyone else desperately zooming in on these pics to try and get some new info?
    Last edited by threads; 2017-05-19 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    damn this is a good idea. been lvling an alt that's going rdm or sam so guess i'll save post-2.0 stuff.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/002050.html

anyone else desperately zooming in on these pics to try and get some new info?
    The thirst for new info is real. Few more days for live letter! Luckily in Canada we have a holiday on the same day so I can just pig out.