Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Do you have to get it done in 1 session?
    Why not just do it along the way... 7 days of doing WQs on broken shore should be more than enough in the 1st place...

Otherwise there's still about 3 weeks before you will be able to unlock the class-mount in the 1st place.

Next parts are:
    - Take out the head... (kill 5 elites on BS)
    - Championing our cause (My guess: kill a world boss on BS)
    - Strike them down (my guess being: a scenario of opening the tomb)

Which BM-quest would be that? I seem to remember breezing trough them.
    It's the BM Artifact quest where you get one item from each zone and hand them to Mimiron's minion and he makes the Hati replicator so that both pets can look alike.

I breezed through it on my Ally hunter, so it never occurred to me that there was a problem. I didn't realize that I had gotten lucky and on my Horde hunter, I farmed the only mobs that drop the item in Highmountain and in the middle of farming, the Mystics changed to Officers. The Officers don't drop the item and each of the three different mob groups have a 3 day CD. So, I have another 3-4 days, I think, to even have a chance at completing it.

I wouldn't sweat it if the quest chain wasn't rigidly linear. I can't say, "hey, I don't really need this, so can we skip ahead and I'll do it later?" Thus, my artifact quest chain is stalled by having to farm a very low chance drop rate item from a mob that's only up 3 of every 9 days."

And I don't have the best of luck with RNG. I remember farming a recipe in Ogri'la and the average drop rate for those posting was 20-30. Someone complained that he had to kill 50 mobs. Took me 403. We counted. It didn't help that the friend who helped me, when we went to farm his recipe in Shadowmoon Valley got his on the very first trio of mobs.

I don't really care about grinding (I have to do it much more than the average bear), but having more than one example of having to farm 20x more than the average?

yeah, when artifact quest chain is gated behind each quest in a linear quest chain, at the very least, those mobs need to be always available. It just makes no sense for it to be a low drop rate item on a mob that's only up 1/3rd of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Well, I couldn't loot the chest in one of those ziggurats with the three demons an my warrior because I was hit and it despawned just a few days ago. I don't really believe there was a hotfix, but when you say you tried it who am I to disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a flavour item that is not tied to the Artifact chain. And pro tip: You can just server hop until you find a server where they're up. Just be certain you don't join a raid group.
    I tried server hopping, but after 4 servers had the same mobs, just in slightly different locations... I gave up due to frustration.

And if I'm wrong about the place in the quest chain, so be it. Won't be the first time...hehe.

I just have no other Artifact quests at the moment and it seems...odd.

But there's plenty to do, so I just worked on other stuff. Doesn't make that quest any less frustrating.

ALTHOUGH... at least it's not one of the damned scat quests where someone is asking me to use my hands to dig through piles of shit. Yeah, I'm the head of my Order Hall , I've slain aspects, I've defeated the Lich King and Illidan... so by all means, have some prisoner ask me to dig through Felhound shit for a key. That's an awesome use of my time... /facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Don't have Prydaz on half my toons. Even went to try it myself before typing that post in case I was wrong and still didn't have an issue.
    Just tried it out: You get interrupted (even with a shield).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah, still bullshit.
    Did it on my main in 2 hours
    well also doing rares and world quests (this was on tuesday)
    today i just did it in 15 minutes on my demon hunter, and about 30 minutes on my DK

- - - Updated - - -

Just tried it out: You get interrupted (even with a shield).
    prydaz stops you from getting dazzed, that is it bassicly (in out the world content)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    There is a cap on how many chests you can loot.
    no, no there isnt. hell one of the way to farm AP if you dont wanna do dungeons and shit is to just go collect chests

hell tons of people first week farmed rep just collecting hundreds of chests

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    Yeah, is a awfull quest, but just wait to mage tower. You can see chests in the map with the mage tower buff
    IDK why, but i have allways been able to see them on my map, even without mage tower
    same with chests inside of dungeons or in the world, idk why, and its not handynotes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    BTW, is there even real narrative quest in this excuse of a content ptach ? Because so far i either kill deamons, grab nethershards or do wq and now have to colllect chests...
    the first few quests were narrative, but not since, i presume the last two may be narrative to end it off, or maybe last one, but idk
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'd rather have no quests than the lame-ass excuses Blizzard put out in Legionfall.

After the fairly well done quests from the Suramar campaigns, this kind of time-wasting bullshit really is not excusable. And even by the rather low standards of an MMO, these are just terrible quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having read this thread earlier and saw the debate about being interrupted or not, I know you can be interrupted as it's happened to me, so when I was doing it on my alt I took a few screenies of my being interrupted:

http://imgur.com/a/NmXSA
    http://i.imgur.com/pc5jHpL.jpg

It's only a 1 second cast to open the box, so chances are, as most mobs have a slower swing speed than that, you're opening it between swings and not being interrupted. Some chests are surrounded by multiple mobs, increasing chances of being interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    A game is supposed to be about the journey, NOT the end result...that's kind of the point. Not attacking you I just find that line of logic hard to shake off.
    Yeah... they tossed that under the bus of convenience YEARS ago

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, no there isnt. hell one of the way to farm AP if you dont wanna do dungeons and shit is to just go collect chests
    Yes there is. A friend of mine got flying while I was still at work, when I came home that evening he flew me around to collect the remaining reputation. He did no longer see any chests on the island (as he himself was collecting them over the day) about halfway until I had enough rep (I had to guide him where to fly from then). There seems to be a daily timer on how many chests you can loot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes there is. A friend of mine got flying while I was still at work, when I came home that evening he flew me around to collect the remaining reputation. He did no longer see any chests on the island (as he himself was collecting them over the day) about halfway until I had enough rep (I had to guide him where to fly from then). There seems to be a daily timer on how many chests you can loot.
    any proof of this other then anecdotal?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Stop crying, it will be way easier once the mage tower is up.

I was flying on my druid over the broken shore, i found a total of 4/10 chests in a bit over 2 hours.

No quest should take so many hours of mindless movement to complete...

It doesn't take a week to find 10 chests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Won't this just be solved by veiled cheats with the I think mage tower?
    Solved, no.
    Made easier yes - but those who want to complain about a quest they can't do in 5 minutes will never see it as "solved".

If you try to do the quest at the time you have the most possible competition, then yes it will be harder.
    Just do it as you can.
    That what I did, I did not actively seek them out, instead simply going about my business with world quests and went after ones I saw on my minimap during that process.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-19 at 01:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Better to give us quests that only take 10-15 minutes to complete and go back to afk until next Tuesday, eh?
    While I agree with you that the next quest in the chain should not be just a 2 min adventure.... the issue is, at least on my server, are High pop servers forming groups on low pop servers, making it harder for us, on the low pop server, to do said quest. I do agree that this one... is BS. If I recall correctly, only 5 people can loot a chest before it despawns.
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-05-19 at 01:10 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, only took me about 20 minutes, I didn't even have to leave flight form

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    Yeah, is a awfull quest, but just wait to mage tower. You can see chests in the map with the mage tower buff
    Even with all addons disabled, the Hidden chests still appear on the minimap. I think the only difference between hidden/veiled chests are that the veiled rewards are higher on average.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Anyone else think it's stupid quest this week finding the treasure chests is hard enough if they are even up.. then there is CRZ and the whole thing of only 5 people can loot the chests and or phasing issues i mean this needs to be adjusted i have 12 110's i dont wanna spend 2-5 days just on one toon just to get a quest done...
    No, i don't. I think it should be hard to obtain all 12 mounts, so people dedicated enough can brag about it instead of wining on forums that it's too hard and they want their mounts for minimum effort

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I did it on my death knight and that was it.. kinda hoping maybe blizzard will make the quest for class mount get given to alts if you have the breaching the tomb broken shore chapters done on one toon then the quest unlocks on alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Solved, no.
    Made easier yes - but those who want to complain about a quest they can't do in 5 minutes will never see it as "solved".

If you try to do the quest at the time you have the most possible competition, then yes it will be harder.
    Just do it as you can.
    That what I did, I did not actively seek them out, instead simply going about my business with world quests and went after ones I saw on my minimap during that process.
    Well if you read carefully you can see how it can be "solved", just give 11 mounts for free after you get one of them. Fucking lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I did this over 2 days.
    Didn't spend hours just on that, just little more than the time I spent on world quests.

Your results will vary depending on the population and time of day I am sure, but this "need" to have everything done in the shortest time is created only by you, and then justified with every claim possible that you are "forced" to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Horrible that these last few weeks are locked behind one another so you can't chip away at these shitty quests all simultaneously. This whole campaign has been laughably bad and the devs should feel embarrassed.
    And then you would complain there is "nothing to do".
    Not everything needs to be knocked out as quickly as possible.
    Efficiency above everything else, and we wonder why players are burning out.

There are times I think blizzard ought to protect players from themselves.
    They are their own worst enemy very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, i don't. I think it should be hard to obtain all 12 mounts, so people dedicated enough can brag about it instead of wining on forums that it's too hard and they want their mounts for minimum effort

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you read carefully you can see how it can be "solved", just give 11 mounts for free after you get one of them. Fucking lol.
    And there is ONE suggestion, but you then say that is simply a solution to suit everyone.
    Well it isn't.
    Look at the complaints surrounding account-wide unlocking of Suramar dungeons, of Flying, etc.

Some are already dismissing that solution before you even said it.
    Because their preference for doing things repeatedly should despite them having that choice should be removed as a choice from everyone else.

Not that I disagree with the idea though.
    I think that once a story has been experienced once, you have to think about how many times a player really should be experiencing the same thing.
    It isn't going to improve it, the repetition.
    If they didn't enjoy the first, they won't any future repetitions.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-19 at 03:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I did this over 2 days.
    And there is ONE suggestion, but you then say that is simply a solution to suit everyone.
    Well it isn't.
    Look at the complaints surrounding account-wide unlocking of Suramar dungeons, of Flying, etc.

Some are already dismissing that solution before you even said it.
    Because their preference for doing things repeatedly should despite them having that choice should be removed as a choice from everyone else.

Not that I disagree with the idea though.
    I think that once a story has been experienced once, you have to think about how many times a player really should be experiencing the same thing.
    It isn't going to improve it, the repetition.
    If they didn't enjoy the first, they won't any future repetitions.
    It's hardly a solution at all. You are required to do X quests to get the mount, want multiple mounts? Do them on multiple characters, it's not rocket science, if you think that time invested is not worth these mounts - don't fucking get them then. If you want the real hard - invest some time in it.
    It's about model for mounts, it's not about story or adventure, it's not about convenience, it's just fucking model for a mount. Some people think it's very important - good for them, now do this crap on 12 characters, you have plenty of time to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    If there was no CRZ or timers on the chests i'd get the quest done quicker unfortunately it'll most likely sit in my quest log til next expansion and even then as you see much like timeless isle its still jam packed the broken shore wont change either it'll still be packed.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

who cares, just dont do it activly. Just take chests when you see em. Did it on my DK over 2 days without even searching for chests...