Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

See, here I was still being very careful to wait for DS to drop before hitting the next one. Now I feel silly. Thanks for the correction.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

The new set changes seem to be a step in the right direction.

If the 2p stacks for up to 25% (5% per shard) reduction, that's pretty tasty.

4p looks better but 2k seems a bit weak

The tier changes won't require much change in playstyle. We were always gonna Soul Cleave; now we'll get even more benefit from it.

Interestingly, the T20 bonuses may be more valuable for M+ than for raiding.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    The new set changes seem to be a step in the right direction.

If the 2p stacks for up to 25% (5% per shard) reduction, that's pretty tasty.

4p looks better but 2k seems a bit weak
    I highly doubt the bonus stacks at all, I'm pretty sure it's just 5%. Stacking would be ludicrously overpowered. Last I checked the bonuses weren't actually active yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    I highly doubt the bonus stacks at all, I'm pretty sure it's just 5%. Stacking would be ludicrously overpowered. Last I checked the bonuses weren't actually active yet though.
    Yea the set bonus stacking would be hilariously OP, which fracture you would literally keep up a permanent extra 25% DR. Not sure what he was smoking with that assumption.

As it is at 5% it's already pretty damn strong for a 2 piece. 4 piece is going to have to give a hell of a lot more then 2,000 for people to care about it though.

2pc doesn't stack.

4pc doesn't even work on ptr. It doesn't make Soul Cleave all that much more powerful tbf. its only 2k Vers that doesn't stack.

They're the same bonuses, just with different triggers. So they're more accessible, but still really underwhelming.

EDIT: Also sad to see Dinner Bell nerfed due to DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea the set bonus stacking would be hilariously OP, which fracture you would literally keep up a permanent extra 25% DR. Not sure what he was smoking with that assumption.

As it is at 5% it's already pretty damn strong for a 2 piece. 4 piece is going to have to give a hell of a lot more then 2,000 for people to care about it though.
    I wasn't smoking anything. Seeing how a bear can solo tank most stuff in heroic NH, it wouldn't hurt to be able to be somewhat on par.

EDIT: Also sad to see Dinner Bell nerfed due to DPS
    That was no nerf, it was a long overdue bugfix. The interaction between Chaos Blades and Dinner Bell is already handled with the 30% damage increase regardless of your mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    I wasn't smoking anything. Seeing how a bear can solo tank most stuff in heroic NH, it wouldn't hurt to be able to be somewhat on par.
    Bears are also being heavily nerfed as a result of that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiya View Post
    That was no nerf, it was a long overdue bugfix. The interaction between Chaos Blades and Dinner Bell is already handled with the 30% damage increase regardless of your mastery.
    I would find it incredibly hard to believe that the 'Dinner Bell' named item just accidentally followed your food buff. It was a pretty obvious intentional effect that was decided to be too potent for one reason or another. It's most certainly a nerf, regardless of the reasoning.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would find it incredibly hard to believe that the 'Dinner Bell' named item just accidentally followed your food buff. It was a pretty obvious intentional effect that was decided to be too potent for one reason or another. It's most certainly a nerf, regardless of the reasoning.
    It's a rather mediocre trinket even with the food buff behavior, though. It's not really something that most people would care about I'd imagine.

New legiondary pants are nice. Adds a charge to empowered wards (can now chain 12 seconds every 40). Adding a third charge to spikes is an ok benefit to round out the item.

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    New legiondary pants are nice. Adds a charge to empowered wards (can now chain 12 seconds every 40). Adding a third charge to spikes is an ok benefit to round out the item.
    Outside of Krosus I can't think of a single fight they would be useful on.

Charges really add nothing to gameplay. While you might think it will be nice to pool 12 seconds of EW, think about how often on fights you would actually need 12s of EW combined up time.... You come to Krosus, and MAYBE Star(which really isn't an issue tank survival wise anyways)

Seems like another meh legendary added onto the pile. Pretty much all VDH has. You're never choosing the best 2 for a situation you're usually choosing the 2 that suck the least compared to what other specs have to choose from.

Charges really add nothing to gameplay. While you might think it will be nice to pool 12 seconds of EW, think about how often on fights you would actually need 12s of EW combined up time.... You come to Krosus, and MAYBE Star(which really isn't an issue tank survival wise anyways)

Seems like another meh legendary added onto the pile. Pretty much all VDH has. You're never choosing the best 2 for a situation you're usually choosing the 2 that suck the least compared to what other specs have to choose from.
    Yep even if you did the math I'm sure the prydaz shield absorbs more than a second EW ever would mitigate, basically just Runemaster's Pauldrons 2.0.

Wheres the weird/unique effects like making immolation aura a toggle to be always on or tripling the size and damage of all sigils, this spec seems to get shafted with boring passive effects and absorb shields.

So i got a question. Ive looked at logs and forums and im hella confused still. My DH on our heroic farm night gets aggro taken from it all the time from our blood dk. I just changed me talents from 3123211 to 333211 so i can see what fracture is all about. But the more i look at the logs and other HNH VDH seems like they are all speced twords dps, not trying to stack vers like i am. Is that the way we should be going. More crit and mastery over vers mastery? Also if thats so do we even need to soul cleave at all or is physically picking up souls better? Over all im just confused and tired of every other tank pulling off me due to dps agro. What the hell am i doing wrong? Just over all im confused.
    Dh is Viralchaos - Mug'thol

It's not accurate at all that krosus is the only fight with magic damage. There are tons of fights where it would be useful to have more magic mitigation. Sure it's not "necessary" but it allows you to take less damage, gain 15% agility and let your healers do other things besides heal you.

Scorpion's lashes are magic, or the debuff the adds put on you are too.

Anomoly during add phase if you have high stacks from the boss

Trill you could use wards on more lashes

Spellblade you could solo soak more arcane phase add attacks

Krosus, very good as noted

Tich: agreed not very useful, could use more often on detonations for bonus agi, or not hiding behind pillars depending on add strat.

Bot: not super useful but you could use wards on 2 of the 3 orb deaths.

Auger: nearly all magic damage fight

Eli: haven't done personally, but her debuff do magic damage and if you can soak some pools/falling star things when not tanking I'm sure that would be helpful.

Guldan: plenty of opertunities even on heroic with scythes, breaking knockback, stacking fire phase 3, and from the raid wide aoe attack he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthrix View Post
    Yep even if you did the math I'm sure the prydaz shield absorbs more than a second EW ever would mitigate, basically just Runemaster's Pauldrons 2.0.

Wheres the weird/unique effects like making immolation aura a toggle to be always on or tripling the size and damage of all sigils, this spec seems to get shafted with boring passive effects and absorb shields.
    The difference between this and pyrdaz is you get to pick when you get your mitigation versus it being on a timer.

Quote Originally Posted by daiceman View Post
    It's not accurate at all that krosus is the only fight with magic damage.
    No where did I say Krosus was the only fight with Magic Damage.

There is very few situations where you could use 12s of magic DR CD within 20s. Krosus...

Even all of the examples you listed can be done with single charges of EW(I already do many of them with that), not sure what you're trying to claim. Just because something "can" be used does not make it worth using. Considering most people will be at 8-10 legos before the patch hits I highly doubt many are going to drop anything to use these.

Hell, I wouldn't even consider touching them in NH Farm unless the raw stats of the legs led to a dps increase but I highly doubt that would be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer29 View Post
    So i got a question. Ive looked at logs and forums and im hella confused still. My DH on our heroic farm night gets aggro taken from it all the time from our blood dk. I just changed me talents from 3123211 to 333211 so i can see what fracture is all about. But the more i look at the logs and other HNH VDH seems like they are all speced twords dps, not trying to stack vers like i am. Is that the way we should be going. More crit and mastery over vers mastery? Also if thats so do we even need to soul cleave at all or is physically picking up souls better? Over all im just confused and tired of every other tank pulling off me due to dps agro. What the hell am i doing wrong? Just over all im confused.
    Looking at your logs you should first work on actually using your abilities before you worry about talents or stats. You're in the 35-40th percentile on most fights, casting random throw glaives which you should never use on a raid boss, never using infernal strike for dps, not using sigil of flame on cd, not using brand on cd, not using FD on cd, wasting pain using shear at max pain quite often. You have the legendary trinket but you're never using it as much as you can, or when it is capable of doing high damage.

If you're even further worried about DPS stop using infernal contract and use a trinket that increases DPS. A high end Horn of Valor macro'd into Fiery Brand is a pretty substantial dps increase.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-24 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer29 View Post
    Expanding on what Tech614 said, 2 useful macros for easier dpsing: /cast [@player] infernal strike and /cast [@player] sigil of flame.
    Other than that, yes, avoid pain capping, use all your abilities, shear with spikes up, optimize your fire dmg for flame, don't forget to use wards for the extra agi proc it provides.

daiceman:
    it is important to remember that the new legendary does not give you "more magic mitigation", only more flexibility about when you use it. You still only get 1 usage every 20s.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.