Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Whats the alternative? Having no content for mythic raiders?

For people playing much, but only 1 or 2 chars, there is NO problem. They can login whenever they want, do stuff they wanna do and so on. Even gearing alts is easy, via m+ you can be ilvl 900+ within few days.

Problem is for those wanting to maximize 5+ specs/chars . Maximizing for nearly no gain is a selfmade problem. Having to care about 4+ chars, running mythic NH on 4 chars, thats a selfmade problem by a hardcore playerbase.

It could be good for the game if world first races werent that extreme.

The sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Hardcore raiders are the minority in WoW. The "elite" of those hardcore raiders is a minority within a minority. I don't think it's going to keep Blizzard up nights that a few of them quit raiding.
    The world first race is as close to compeative gameplay you'll get in WoWs PvE.
    It's an important part of keeping the game alive, just like esports is for PvP focused games such as LoL.
    It's free advertising, basically.

I'm sure Blizzard cares a great deal they just didn't realize what the AP system and the extreme RNG would do to raiders and their intrest in the game.

No matter what is going on in the game 'top end' guilds have disbanded, stop raiding etc since Vanilla and will continue to do so after Legion. Some of the members will move into other guilds or create new ones, been happening forever, stop trying to pin it on a loot system or grinding of anything...

Deleted
    Top End Guild are quitting >

People who are playing 10-20x more than you. Of course they quit. Nobody can handle that kind of preasure, for a longer time of period.

And there will always be a top end guild.

Hardcore raiding is so "important" that the majority of players don't even care about what guild is ranked at the top. I'm sure it's great for those folks who do something first, but most everybody else in the game reacts to that accomplishment anywhere from "eh" to "whoopty freakin' doo!".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GKLeatherCraft View Post
    Well what a load of rubbish lol, It's not Blizz's fault, Plus, most of these people have been doing this for years, chances are they just don't want to any more, Oh and "this is a huge blow to wow community" No, No it is not, It's pretty much nothing to the WoW community, Let's not be silly, Reading that line I thought this was a Jaylock thread.
    Jaylock Jnr fo realz

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    For you maybe, but for a lot of people it gives incentive to continue doing heroic raids, and even mythic raids once over 910ilvl
    war forge =/= titan forge. doing mythic so you may get 5 or 10 more ilvls is different than doing heroic so you don't need mythic gear. Heroic raiders shouldn't have the same ilvl as mythic raiders. It is 100% luck based, it can create a toxic environment in gear distribution for loot council, it makes tuning encounters more difficult than without, and doesn't add anything beneficial to Legion.

Maybe you don't need a reason to keep running heroic over and over again, as if AP and legendaries aren't enough.

A guy in my guild got a 925 socketed draught of souls from raid finder. Explain how that makes the game more fun or engaging, or encourages someone to try to kill mythic guldan, to get a trinket 15 ilvls lower?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    After they killed Gul'dan that night Alveona did an interview and said the guild discussed after they got the world first, that they didn't want to keep the hours to be a top end guild anymore.
    Right, they discussed about going casual - but it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    war forge =/= titan forge. doing mythic so you may get 5 or 10 more ilvls is different than doing heroic so you don't need mythic gear. Heroic raiders shouldn't have the same ilvl as mythic raiders. It is 100% luck based, it can create a toxic environment in gear distribution for loot council, it makes tuning encounters more difficult than without, and doesn't add anything beneficial to Legion.

Maybe you don't need a reason to keep running heroic over and over again, as if AP and legendaries aren't enough.

A guy in my guild got a 925 socketed draught of souls from raid finder. Explain how that makes the game more fun or engaging, or encourages someone to try to kill mythic guldan, to get a trinket 15 ilvls lower?
    Mythic raiders (Not counting super trash ones, so MINIMUM 7/10M currently) should really have all their legendaries in their spec, unless they changed classes recently, outside of that it's just lack of effort. And AP grind isn't a thing anymore. So what's left? Gear farming.

And for the guy in your guild, that's a fun awesome thing for him, be happy for him and don't be bitter he got lucky. Be like "awesome, grats" and just get what you get from mythic, the chances of him getting what he got, is so insanely small.

People getting so worked up over stuff that has like a 0.1% chance of happening. It's not the norm, it's a random bit of luck that for the person who got it, is awesome, good for them.

Why do you have to be so bitter and jealous? You overall will have SO much more gear than an lfr/normal/heroic (who isn't farming m+, this is an outside source for gear)

It really has nothing to do with blizzard, the top end guilds put in an insane amount of hours. U just can't sustain that style of play for a long time. Even if blizzard put limitations of any kind guilds will require even more characters/accounts to work around those limitations.

Besides that what the top 1% of players do or what classes they bring have no effect on the rest of the player base. Ppl need to stop using the marginal case to justify things for the rest of the 99%, it doesn't work that way.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    This forum swings from extreme to extreme so quickly it's obnoxious. Every other topic has some subtle LFR bashing because it's "not raiding" (and for the record, I agree), or it's too faceroll, or whatever, but somehow you think LFR is slowly draining the pool of WORLD FIRST raiders?
    Yes. Top guilds recruit new people from guilds behind them. If there's not enough people in mid and low tier guilds then top guilds can't fill their rosters. It's like food chain. If we remove low level then top level will die in time.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    because only a tiny fraction of minority are junkies addicted enough to run literaly everything for 1 % increase in power

for 99,9 % this system means that any content they do has potential of upgrades which means that content is not pointless like before legion - now in ToS you can go with friends on off-night to EN and still if you are lucky yout can get nice upgrade - and if not ? you will farm couple of milions of AP.

and about encouragement ... werent it mythic crybabies spaming this forums about how they do content for chalenge not for gear ? well here you can go and do content for "chalenge" like you always wanted. blizzard listened to you - guess they should have from very start whine : "weee weeee were entitled brats who wants to have shiny pixels that casuals scrubs dont have and nothing else to feel fake sense of acomplishing something with our miserable lives"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Girrag View Post
    Yes. Top guilds recruit new people from guilds behind them. If there's not enough people in mid and low tier guilds then top guilds can't fill their rosters. It's like food chain. If we remove low level then top level will die in time.
    that low level got removed in mop when cannibalizing of guilds started on rate never seen before because nobody wanted to teach new raiders and logs have become absolute reign supreme of raiding community so guilds suddenly wanted to have only seasoned experienced , 90th percentiles raiders regardles whether it was world 2000 or world 20th guild. - you all have been living on borrowed time from back then it only speeds up with time.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-19 at 10:37 AM.

I understand that, but I disagree that if LFR didn't exist, the raid pool would be that much deeper. It's one small factor in a very large set. Anyone who is seriously interested in raiding won't stop at LFR, and anyone who's not serious about raiding and only does LFR wouldn't be useful in a normal+ guild.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I understand that, but I disagree that if LFR didn't exist, the raid pool would be that much deeper. It's one small factor in a very large set. Anyone who is seriously interested in raiding won't stop at LFR, and anyone who's not serious about raiding and only does LFR wouldn't be useful in a normal+ guild.
    Problem is that people don't show interest in raiding because LFR is enough. You don't buy WoW because you want to be serious raider. You become serious raider while playing the game. And that's exactly what aren't happening anymore.

Deleted
    And then there are people like me who are burnt out on the classical raiding concept and don't want to commit to raid guilds anymore. I only run LFR, and that's it. I would love to finish balance of power, but I guess I will not as long as you cannot farm quest items in EN LFR. And I give Blizzard and raiding my middle finger by using such manipulation tactics on me and rather miss out on some skins than abide to this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    And then there are people like me who are burnt out on the classical raiding concept and don't want to commit to raid guilds anymore. I only run LFR, and that's it. I would love to finish balance of power, but I guess I will not as long as you cannot farm quest items in EN LFR. And I give Blizzard and raiding my middle finger by using such manipulation tactics on me and rather miss out on some skins than abide to this shit.
    LFR is terrible. Normal is really easy nowadays. I'm sure it's entirely possible to create a guild to run normal, play when you want, have enough people that anyone of half a dozen people can run the raid, and cater to people in your demographic.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxedobob View Post
    LFR is terrible. Normal is really easy nowadays. I'm sure it's entirely possible to create a guild to run normal, play when you want, have enough people that anyone of half a dozen people can run the raid, and cater to people in your demographic.
    Would love a guild type like that but haven't found one.

Problem is that people don't show interest in raiding because LFR is enough. You don't buy WoW because you want to be serious raider. You become serious raider while playing the game. And that's exactly what aren't happening anymore.
    Again, I understand your point, but I continue to argue that if someone is sated by LFR, they're not going to be a useful raider in a normal+ guild. And if LFR didn't exist, they simply wouldn't bother at all.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I'm sort of in your boat. I never burned out on raiding, my life just became too busy to commit to guild raids around the time we had our second kid (up to four now, so it hasn't gotten better). When I saw Balance of Power required normal and up I abandoned the questline and never looked back.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

The reason top guilds turned into log-demanding, experienced only fuckfests is because the real tops quit after being shit on by Blizz in the Wrath and Cata days. The new kids who had never been top end couldn't be bothered to learn how it actually worked, and started acting how they assumed we did things. Blizz was massive harmful in this as they designed for every bullshit accusation that had ever been leveled at top end raiders, rewarding every behavior that we discouraged.

You may rage/troll away now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/