Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Then you wonder why people don't believe science on real matters like climate change if they see that's how scientific stuff is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    So, someone made the effort to make a "paper" that is as much garbage as possible (yup, even MORE garbage than the usual gender study papers, which says A LOT) - and it got published
    Do people really think getting an article/paper published is a big deal? It's pretty easy to publish stuff even in magazines with a good impact factor(ISI).

Is my penis a concept?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Gotto love the first line: Penises may exist, but since you can chop them off maybe it's not that simple.

very profound.

Deleted
    Oh look, its the right with their topic "genderism" again.

7+ Year Old Account
    People get paid to write this shit?

And we won't let the Mexicans working 16hrs days to send money to their family into citizens...seriously that's fucked up.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Threads like this are meant to upset people. With theories the op sorts into the opposite political spectrum.

Should transsexual people live the way they like? Yes. Sure. No matter how much the right tries to get rid of them with quoting exaggerated papers and opinions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Threads like this are meant to upset people. With theories the op sorts into the opposite political spectrum.

Should transsexual people live the way they like? Yes. Sure. No matter how much the right tries to get rid of them with quoting exaggerated papers and opinions.
    I think you're in the wrong thread.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it had more pictures and gifs it could have been a Buzzfeed article.

"we stated that “manspreading,” a complaint levied against men for sitting with their legs spread wide, is “akin to raping the empty space around him"

Some feminazi's might take that seriously.... Oh the pain, the pain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    "we stated that “manspreading,” a complaint levied against men for sitting with their legs spread wide, is “akin to raping the empty space around him"

Some feminazi's might take that seriously.... Oh the pain, the pain.
    "raping the empty space around him"

Hahahaha. This is would sound way over the top as a parody if it wasnt for the fact that they actually published it.
    Last edited by Revi; 2017-05-20 at 01:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really can't get over how they linked dicks to climate change. Just wuhhhhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    People get paid to write this shit?

And we won't let the Mexicans working 16hrs days to send money to their family into citizens...seriously that's fucked up.
    we let Mexicans become citizens all the time but only the ones that actually go through the process of becoming citizens.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I really can't get over how they linked dicks to climate change. Just wuhhhhhh
    Fapping generates friction --> friction generates heat -->men are against climate change -->men have penises-->penises are the devil and oppress women!

Something tells me you have never tried to publish a paper.
    You can publish pure garbage if you try hard enough. That however doesn't make science any less credible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    we let Mexicans become citizens all the time but only the ones that actually go through the process of becoming citizens.
    Are you telling me you approve of people getting paid to write this shit?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    Fapping generates friction --> friction generates heat -->men are against climate change -->men have penises-->penises are the devil and oppress women!
    Ah i see i see. So if every guy fapped at the same time they could make the world turn into a desert in a matter of minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Do people really think getting an article/paper published is a big deal? It's pretty easy to publish stuff even in magazines with a good impact factor(ISI).
    Not in actual sciences it's not. Even a moderate impact factor journal (take Journal of Biological Chemistry or Infection and Immunity for examples of solid, but middling impact factor journals) typically requires years of labor to get sufficient data and figures to publish; most of the data will come from a couple good months, but a lot of failed experiments and iffy hypotheses are usually gone through to get to that couple months. After getting that data, the analysis and development of appropriate publication-quality figures usually takes a few months, then writing, revision, submission, and review/revision will take another few months.

Getting a real paper published is long, hard work. This is why I have so much contempt for nonsensical, non-rigorous disciplines that do what they can to look like science while basically just making shit up that's just personal social commentary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post

Another forum I visit discourages people from posting this kind of thing thusly:
    “Boo outgroup!” and “can you BELIEVE what Tribe X did this week??” type posts can be good fodder for discussion, but can also tend to pull us from a detached and conversational tone into the emotional and spiteful.
    Thus, if you submit a piece from a writer whose primary purpose seems to be to score points against an outgroup, let me ask you do at least one of three things: acknowledge it, contextualize it, or best, steelman it.
    Obviously I fall victim to enjoying "boo outgroup!" the same way pretty much all humans do, but it really is a bad habit that should be discouraged.

It's basically saying that men don't have penises because if someone with a penis says he's a girl then he's a girl. What a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    This shit is nonsense.... Drugs was definitely played a roll here.