Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Did you miss the whole part where Comey says Trump didnt obstruct the investigation? I mean the rest is making fun of Liberals but even if youre a liberal you have to find it kind of funny.
    Is that before or after his firing? Or has he said that recently? Because his memo specifically states that he asked him to stop the Flynn investigation, and he and his staff have openly stated that the firing was to stop the investigations. Again, still don't understand why you said that, to a reply to Hammerfest with his shitty Mark Dice videos that have no bearing in reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Again, the Washington Post is a known liberal rag. All one has to do is check and see who they endorsed in the election. Technically they should not have endorsed any candidate if they want to be neutral. Sadly, that isn't the case.
    Most newspapers are tabloids nowadays. Especially the the digital versions.
    It is only a "liberal rag" to people like you that believe that Trump is being targeted by the fucking media. You really need to stop defending him. And don't pull that semantics bullshit that you aren't stating it openly and that you are independent, you have literally been defending him the entire fucking time.

You are stating that the media treated Lincoln unfairly as they do current PotUS?
    The media doesn't treat Trump unfairly, they treat him as he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    because, people are still here making stuff up and I didnt feel like searching 121 pages to see if it was posted or not. Are you going to be ok because I posted that? Should I take it down? you seem not okay.
    Well, considering what McMasters stated, WASN'T in the fucking article that Washington Post, I don't know why you are reiterating it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The media doesn't treat Trump unfairly, they treat him as he deserves.
    Yep, they treat him unfairly, by using his own tweets, words, and actions to people in the public. Allybeboba is probably stating they are acting unfairly to him because of the leaks. Well the leaks have been confirmed either by Trump or MULTIPLE sources and MULTIPLE news outlets. These people leaking in the White House have been doing so, simply because Trump is so fucking unhinged, that he needs to be put in check.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    That's not an answer. You might as well have said "media sources."

Local news affiliates are owned by someone. NBC. Fox. Etc.

But if you're truly only getting your world news from local affiliates, that might explain a lot.
    hey leave him alone! He reads all the newspapers!

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Is that before or after his firing? Or has he said that recently? Because his memo specifically states that he asked him to stop the Flynn investigation, and he and his staff have openly stated that the firing was to stop the investigations. Again, still don't understand why you said that, to a reply to Hammerfest with his shitty Mark Dice videos that have no bearing in reality.

- - - Updated - - -

It is only a "liberal rag" to people like you that believe that Trump is being targeted by the fucking media. You really need to stop defending him. And don't pull that semantics bullshit that you aren't stating it openly and that you are independent, you have literally been defending him the entire fucking time.

It is their stories in general, not just their political stories. And as I have stated, they endorsed the Democratic Party. Newspapers shouldn't endorse any political affiliation at all if they want to remain truly neutral. By endorsing a political party they openly indicate their bias. You just can not see it because of your rose tinted glasses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Agreed. By law if you run for president complete financial disclosure should be required. If you purposefully lie by omission it should be an impeachable offense.
    You should also be fully vetted. But that doesn't happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    hey leave him alone! He reads all the newspapers!
    The fact remains that I haven't gotten a single answer from the peanut gallery about a neutral news source. They have danced around the question. It seems all they can do call call people names and make accusations.
    Have a wonderful day everyone! I shall be too busy today to engage you any further it is Saturday after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The Post has endorsed candidates from both parties.
    For nearly the last half a century they have largely went Democrat. Point is, newspapers shouldn't endorse at ALL. Period. This indicates bias to thier readers.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-20 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Give us some examples of sources you consider to be credible.
    I already have. I also don't cite sources and I don't ask for them. Why you ask? Because the people of this site will just pop-poo them away as nonsense. Half will believe them and the other half will discredit them. So, I have come to the conclusion there is no use in even citing sources on this site anyway since they are of any use.
    I may answer your question when mine is answered. It has yet to be answered by anyone. Not a single person as answered it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's your opinion. And I can remember times when they endorsed every single incumbent republican in my area. They endorse the candidates they truly think are the best, regardless of party. This is evidenced by them not endorsing candidates when they disliked both.
    Not my opinion that they endorsed Democrats for nearly half a century. Feel free to look it up. All one has to is look up Washington Post endorsement history. It is all in black and white.

Hell, all but six, count them, six news paper in the US endorsed Democrat for PotUS in 2016. That is onesided any way you look at it. One sided biasness in the media. And the media should be neutral.
    Gotta go now!
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-20 at 12:52 PM.

so has any concrete proof been revealed yet or is still he said she said ?

Because the people of this site will just pop-poo them away as nonsense. Half will believe them and the other half will discredit them. So, I have come to the conclusion there is no use in even citing sources on this site anyway since they are of any use.
    Like we do with everyone's opinion, including yours... Frankly I got you pegged as Matt Drudge anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    You should also be fully vetted. But that doesn't happen either.
    What do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Not my opinion that they endorsed Democrats for nearly half a century. Feel free to look it up. All one has to is look up Washington Post endorsement history. It is all in black and white.

Hell, all but six, count them, six news paper in the US endorsed Democrat for PotUS in 2016. That is onesided any way you look at it. One sided biasness in the media. And the media should be neutral.
    Gotta go now!
    There were many historically conservative publications that either endorsed no one or endorsed Clinton. The idea that you can not be independent or without bias, if you endorsed a democrat, is idiotic. A person can be independent and choose to support Hillary or Trump on their merits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    so has any concrete proof been revealed yet or is still he said she said ?
    What do you mean? Trump said he did it and had the right to disclose secret information to Russia, as president of the US. What are you look for proof of?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

There were many historically conservative publications that either endorsed no one or endorsed Clinton. The idea that you can not be independent or without bias, if you endorsed a democrat, is idiotic. A person can be independent and choose to support Hillary or Trump on their merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I think this is yet another reason we need to seriously consider a 6 year, non-renewable term rather than two eights. Discussions about that are decades old.

America's problem is that the broad infrastructure of our democracy is extremely sturdy, however some of the details in how we do things are pre-modern. The rest of the democratic world looked to us in the past, implemented what we did in one form or another, then innovated on top of that.

If we want to be an example again, we at least need to modernize the details to protect us from would be Erdogans and future Trumps. And then we can innovate on top of that.

I'd like to see for example, really hard barriers (days out from election date) as to when campaigns and fund-raising can occur. The permanent campaign is not a feature in other countries because they've taken specific steps to stop it.
    In my opinion, a lot of the US's limitations of executive power are pissweak and need serious modernisation. Trump is such an unbelievable moron he seems intent on putting his ass in as many fires as humanly possible, but imagine a sane crook with half a brain in his head who realised he could abuse his power about 90% as much as Trump but do a better job of covering his ass. He could get away with that scott free.

So I'd say step one is to put in place a dramatic series of rigid restrictions on Presidential power, which has been steadily growing along with the cult of personality around the President for at least a century. That's another thing you need to shake. Some significant reforms of the House, Senate and Judiciary wouldn't go astray either. Especially the election of SC justices, the idea that they're installed for life by hardcore partisan politics is insanity. They need to be appointed by an independent commission and serve limited terms.

Also you need to do something about your nonsensical election system. First of all, the EC system is antiquated garbage that causes massive damage to the integrity of the process and needs to be replaced with a simple popular vote. Secondly you should probably consider some kind of simple preferential voting system to eliminate vote splitting and encourage participation of minor parties.

And then I'd look at the real culprit here: partisan politics themselves. I think not just the US but several other Western countries need to seriously overhaul their political systems, because partisan politics has ceased to be a sideshow and has become the main event. That's not just appalling, it's probably the greatest threat to democracy we face in the modern world. Last election half the voters in the US voted for a repulsive snake oil salesman who was under suspicion of being manipulated by a hostile foreign power SOLELY BECAUSE of the animal next to his name. That's more dangerous than every terrorist group on the planet put together.

I think that massive changes are needed to combat this. Partisan politics are wily and insidious and they seek to jailbreak the rules of any system we construct. So we need to build them in a highly limiting way. Example: how about we revise the election of the US Vice President? Once upon a time the President and VP were not voted on separately. Suggestion: set up a system where whoever gets the most votes becomes President and whoever comes second becomes VP. The VP's powers and responsibilities are greatly extended (the current office isn't worth a bucket of warm piss), or you could even set it up so that the President and VP alternate every year across the four year term (like the Roman Republic era consuls that the offices were modelled on). Also, Congress would require a supermajority for every vote.

Basically that would ensure that as long as you keep having close elections you will pretty much always have Presidents/VPs from both parties with almost the same amount of power. It would mean that the two main parties would either start working together or they'd permanently freeze up the executive office and probably Congress too. Frankly I think either of those is preferable to the current way party politics are working the system to absolute dysfunction. And let's not forget the polarisation of the population.

Whatever we do we need to send a make a system in which partisan politics hurts your chances of success in government, not enhances them.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-05-20 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The National Review: Against Trump
    But Skroe! The National Review is a respected conservative media outlet! Surely you are not suggesting Trump is showing historically low poll numbers amongst the Republican Party, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    But Skroe! The National Review is a respected conservative media outlet! Surely you are not suggesting Trump is showing historically low poll numbers amongst the Republican Party, are you?
    The "conservatives" who praise trump and slam "liberals" are angry rubes who wouldn't know conservativism if it kicked them in the head.

They are deeply paranoid, pathologically insecure people who hug their guns because it gives them their only sense of empowerment in their lives.

As I've said on a dozen occasions: Trump is symptomatic. The problem is the people who put them him there.... all 60 million of them who let fear and ignorance compromise them in a moment that history demanded they stood up for America. The French, with their "Republican front" were strong in the face of the threat. Americans were weak and 60 million surrendered to fear. He called them "the forgotten". Nonsense. Nobody forgot about them. Democrats have been talking about them for 30 years. I prefer "they let themselves get left behind". Conservatism is in no way shape or form incompatible with modernity and reason. These people let themselves get left behind.

The world changed.
    They didn't.
    They're in the wrong for that.

Hillary gave everyone who doesn't want to lock time to some idyllic version of 1953 an everlasting gift when she coined these people "deplorables". I will never stop using that. It's so perfect.

The "conservatives" who praise trump and slam "liberals" are angry rubes who wouldn't know conservativism if it kicked them in the head.

They are deeply paranoid, pathologically insecure people who hug their guns because it gives them their only sense of empowerment in their lives.

As I've said on a dozen occasions: Trump is symptomatic. The problem is the people who put them him there.... all 60 million of them who let fear and ignorance compromise them in a moment that history demanded they stood up for America. The French, with their "Republican front" were strong in the face of the threat. Americans were weak and 60 million surrendered to fear. He called them "the forgotten". Nonsense. Nobody forgot about them. Democrats have been talking about them for 30 years. I prefer "they let themselves get left behind". Conservatism is in no way shape or form incompatible with modernity and reason. These people let themselves get left behind.

The world changed.
    They didn't.

Hillary gave everyone who doesn't want to lock time to some idyllic version of 1953 an everlasting gift when she coined these people "deplorables". I will never stop using that. It's so perfect.
    Which is how Trump won over that base and even some independents. He told working class whites and Christians that they were all the victims of globalization and change. Immigrants, outsourcing, and "liberals" were all out to get them and were threatening their world and way of life. They were wrongfully harmed and he had the magic pills to give them their world back instead of them adapting to change.

As I've explained before, I'm a 26 year old white male living in Virginia (a razor thin swing state,) a red area of the state, and a registered Republican. The shit that was targeted at me on social media, home mail, email, billboards, etc to get me to join that movement was often incorrect or lies at best or absurd and disgusting at worst.

This is why I'm so disgusted with Trump, the campaign, and I want the whole thing to go down in flames. I was in the demographic that was hounded by them more actively than most of the posters on this board and got to experience the Trump "movement" firsthand. It was a hell of a lot shadier, more disgusting, and more racist than what people believed from just seeing some of the reports on TV.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-05-20 at 07:51 PM. Reason: edited to clarify a few points a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    To be honest, there is a certain disconnect between what the republican voters think, and what the national review thinks.
    This doesn't make Trump a good vehicle for processing those opinions into policy however.

- - - Updated - - -

The world changed.
    They didn't.
    To be fair, the world (the US) was changed, it didn't spontaneously change, E.G, the immigration policy they don't like, has been immigration policy for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    To be honest, there is a certain disconnect between what the republican voters think, and what the national review thinks.
    This doesn't make Trump a good vehicle for processing those opinions into policy however.
    That's because Republican voters have completely lost their minds and their senses. I can already see it from a light-year away: America's Republicans and Trump-voting independents winding up for the biggest political retcon since Americans collectively forgot that the Iraq War had an 83% approval rating the day the 3rd Infantry Division rolled into Baghdad and tore down Saddam's statue. "Bush lied to me.... there were no WMDs... war was a great lie by the neocons!". Yeah, bullshit... America... you just wanted to see our troops kick some easy-mode ass to recover some lost pride from 9/11. Pottery barn rules doesn't give a shit about your feelings, America.

The big walk back on the "why" and the "degree to which" people supported Trump is coming. Mass rewrites of personal history. Epic self delusion about how this happened. Nobody is their villain in their personal story, so Donald Trump must be somebody elses fault. Everyone was an "independent voter" who was duped and lied too by a cunning conman.

Except Trump is about as cunning as a Shih Tzu and as hysterically untalented conman.

Decent Americans need to make sure our brothers and sisters who betrayed their American principles don't get away with that self-deluding scam. The only way we don't "Trump" ourselves again is through _accountability_... you know, the another one of those things Americans used to pride themselves for but really haven't been all that good at in recent years.

The deplorables made Trump happen. They own it forever. This follows them. And that's especially true for anyone who works for Trump.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-05-20 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    That's because Republican voters have completely lost their minds and their senses. I can already see it from a light-year away: America's Republicans and Trump-voting independents winding up for the biggest political retcon since Americans collectively forgot that the Iraq War had an 83% approval rating the day the 3rd Infantry Division rolled into Baghdad and tore down Saddam's statue. "Bush lied to me.... there were no WMDs... war was a great lie by the neocons!". Yeah, bullshit... America... you just wanted to see our troops kick some easy-mode ass to recover some lost pride from 9/11. Pottery barn rules doesn't give a shit about your feelings, America.
    The big walk back on the "why" and the "degree to which" people supported Trump is coming. Mass rewrites of personal history. Epic self delusion about how this happened. Nobody is their villain in their personal story, so Donald Trump must be somebody elses fault. Everyone was an "independent voter" who was duped and lied too by a cunning conman.
    I can see that happening.
    Now, i was/is a trump 'fan' (Not being an american, this choice might have been evaluated differently than if i had been one) - But i must say i'm surprised at how incompetent, even at things that he reasonably shouldn't be bad at, he is.
    Like this mess, keeping "corporate" secrets isn't exactly outside of what he should be very familiar with, this isn't a political mistake from a journeyman.

The deplorables made Trump happen. They own it forever. This follows them. And that's especially true for anyone who works for Trump.
    the problem is that the deplorables have valid political concerns like anyone else, and i'm not sure that will go away.
    Hopefully someone more competent comes along to process that into policy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    I can see that happening.
    Now, i was/is a trump 'fan' (Not being an american, this choice might have been evaluated differently than if i had been one) - But i must say i'm surprised at how incompetent, even at things that he reasonably shouldn't be bad at, he is.
    Like this mess, keeping "corporate" secrets isn't exactly outside of what he should be very familiar with, this isn't a political mistake from a journeyman.

the problem is that the deplorables have valid political concerns like anyone else, and i'm not sure that will go away.
    Hopefully someone more competent comes along to process that into policy.
    What would that be?

Blacks rape our women?
    Hispanics steal our jobs
    Jews control all of the media and money
    Muslims kill us
    Gays makes us want to sleep with guys

Did I sum up their silly concerns? or did I miss a few? It's hard to remember all of the bullshit ''concerns''