Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Do YOU want Level Scaling Tech for ALL leveling zones?

I sure do. Id love to see the Legion level scaling tech applied to every zone, including from level 1 all the way to level 120 in the next expansion.

It would make EVERY zone relevant and any gear drops, or quest rewards would be relevant and scaled to match your current level.

The level and ilvl scaling tech was the best thing by far to come out of Legion in terms of improving the leveling experience and gameplay, as well as the max level experience.

Every zone? No way. Based on expansion bracket? I can see myself enjoying that. Like classic scaling to 60, bc to 70, wrath to 80 etc.

I wouldn't want it to be completely scalable, because I prefer to have low and high level zones. But I would love it to scale somewhat, maybe for example Redridge Mountains scale from level 10 to 40 or something like that. I would make a new character instantly if something like that happened.

I'm on the fence about this. The Elder Scrolls games have been doing this since Morrowind and I hated it. I like going to a old zone and just one shot everything so I can clear a path to herb and mine or do arch and pet battles.

On the flip side this would be a positive thing for running old dungeons and keeping content relevant.

While I like it in legion, I also think that the old world staying trivial is how it should be. I don't want to have to worry about anything if I decide to goof around in Elwynn forest or wherever, not everything has to be a challenge at all times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but only if you can turn it off/on at will. Otherwise leveling would be pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, keep it limited to new expansions. They need to stop fucking around with the old content. Wouldn't mind them using it next expansion as long as they don't try to pull some bullshit of scaling legion zones past 110.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Yes and no, I don't think every zone should be quest able at level 1, but I'd love to see scaling have ranges, so anything in outland scales from 60-max level. Everything in the Barrens scales from 10-Max level. etc.... So keep the minimum level requirements still.

Yes, scaling everywhere. I want to enjoy MoP or WoD zones without having to bore myself through the trivial and boring Vanilla and TBC shit AGAIN.

Also, people who like feeling "powerful" because they know they can always return to Elwynn and one-shoot wolves are fucking weirdos with really strange issues.

This game is called Guild Wars 2.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Deleted
    Well people already mentioned many reasons against it and speaking for myself, I would also dislike that.

BUT if they introduced a slight scaling change, so that the zones scale at least for 5-10 levels, that would be great. This way you could actually finish a leveling zone's story line before switching to the next one.

Yes but cap it at a max level (1-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-80 etc) so levels still feel meaningful

Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Condense and cap the zones by expansion:

1-60: Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    60-80: Outland and Northrend
    80-100: Pandaria and Draenor
    100-110: Broken Isles
    110-120: "Expansion"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Condense and cap the zones by expansion:

1-60: Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    60-80: Outland and Northrend
    80-100: Pandaria and Draenor
    100-110: Broken Isles
    110-120: "Expansion"
    Kinda this, except for... well, the 1-60. Those I'd rather keep as they are now. And instead of Pandaria and Draenor, Pandaria or the Cataclysm zones. WoD can be it's own thing since I do think the leveling was quite alright there.

10+ Year Old Account
    A piece of your sense of progression is a growing sense of power against your environment. This takes that away and seems to me to not be a good thing. I don't want to be at end game and fighting life-and-death struggles against bears in Elwynn Forest should I decide to grab some peaceblooom.

It is true enough though that going into old zones now is boring and rather pointless so it's a hard problem. Making scaling a switchable on/off flag controlled by the player would be fine but I don't know if it's practical or even worth the effort.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yep.

/10char

Only if the zones capped at the lvl it came out in, like vanilla capped at 60, TBC at 70, WoTLK at 80 etc.

Hell no. Hate the scaling shit. It needs to go away, burn in a fire and then get nuked from orbit and never return.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I honestly dont want it at all.

Level scaling removes any sense of progression while leveling. I liked the old feeling of "I'm not strong enough to go there yet". When everything scales with you you never feel like you get stronger.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.