Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ragnaros.

Have yet to have a positive experience from anyone on that server. Auto kick whenever I invite one to my M+ grp or raid mistakenly.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

All Brazilian servers are umm...you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ysho View Post
    I'm talking about 15-17 M+ Keys and players with equipped ilvls at 910+. Also a huge lack of logic and common sense like a Melee not interrupting once the entire dungeon. It's just like...how did you even get your gear?
    Previous expansions, I'd say they played the AH and just paid to get carried.

This expansion: Well you can literally titanforge any piece of gear to 925...

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Are the best players likely to be in guilds already and therefore removed from the random pool ?
    Yes.
    Basically this. Sometimes I pug, sometimes my guild handles my 10+ key for the week.

Basically, you should always expect the worst when you pug, so you'll never be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexyc View Post
    Ragnaros, Quel'Thalas and Nemesis...Call it confirmation bias, but any time I wonder what the hell a player is doing and I go to check server it's one of those three 90% of the time. Correlation may not be causation but I'll be damned if my own data doesn't lead me to certain conclusions.
    I've yet to have this kind of server bias. I did back in the day esp when I grinded BGs like crazy for the tokens to get the mounts from (and I was limited to a battlegroup for them), but I've yet to see any problems lately.

Might have to watch out for Ragnaros because literally everyone who has had bias points them out. *shrug*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Basically, you should always expect the worst when you pug, so you'll never be disappointed.
    Someone once said that about life in general, go through life expecting the worst so you will never be disappointed.
    Random players can be bad for a variety of reasons.
    If I can offer anything constructive I do.
    Anyone who complains about others not being up to their standards while not trying to do anything to help them is simply a hypocrite.

Those who spend all their time complaining about others are part of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall-EU, german server with the most bad players

Short answer; yes. But Specifying would get into the racist things and...let's not go there.

It does seem like players on some servers, such as Ragnaros do things differently. I gave a raid lead who won't invite pugs to our raids from certain BR servers. The excuse is language and joining mumble...but folks from different serves do tend to do things differently.

The greater issue, really, is people's inability to be flexible to different strategies to killing a boss. Its dumb to pug into a raid and think that the way your guild does things is the only viable strat to kill a boss. I've seen some crazy raid strats, some of them actually work!

My weekend raid guild tends to pug in 4-6 people each week and it's just insane the number of inflexible/hard headed people who either wont get on mumble (discord bigots begone) or who rage quit before we pull because their guild does the strat some other way.

Hey, if your guild does it another way, good for you, go raid in your guild; why are you pugging in my group?

Statistically, an entire realm cannot just simply be bad at the game. They are doing something different than you...

Considering I was thinking of Ragnaros before clicking the thread and most people had the same idea.....yeah its possible.

How many players of a specific server have you been with that all had the same bad features? was it 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    In Azralon and Ragnaros's case, yes.

In all seriousness, not all of them, but most of them are trash.
    I really do not like that Blizzard mixed the NA servers with the SA ones. Nevermind the lag they often seem to have and the language barrier, which are big issues on their own. They all seem to be clueless people or trolls. In pve it is rough seeing them in pvp the nemesis ones seem to be the ones griefing either or both sides each match.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Most people are salty their server has a shitty name, hence the hate on Ragnaros

10+ Year Old Account
    Ragnaros and or Sageras
    Mostly braindead people

BR servers are only good at pvp.

by pvp, i mean fighting 1v1, they still don't fucking even try to do objectives.

Most servers I encounter have good and bad players, but I've never seen a good player from Fizzcrank ever, take that how you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Most people are salty their server has a shitty name, hence the hate on Ragnaros

Looks like someone plays on Ragnaros

Deleted
    Earthen Ring EU is quite a questionable realm these days. I'm not gonna go so far as to say they're all bad, but I've seen some pure gold from people who play there. Their top raiding guild is 4/10M and they just disbanded so I guess that's a good indicator.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact OP - half of all WoW players are below average.

What can be done about it ?

Nothing .. it is just maths.
    Not really, half of the players are below median, not below average. In a group of 5 people, were 1 person does 100k dps and the rest does 8, 9, 11 and 12k respectively, 4 people are below the average of 28k (just an example), but only 2 are below the median of 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Not really
    Yes really.... wording the comment differently and answering a different question as you did doesn't alter the veracity of my original comment.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Well bad players are everywhere, not all of them but definitely there are some shitty players in Ragnaros.

I tank on my area-52 chars but I don't get worse when I use my Ragnaros chars.

Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    I do a lot of M+ groups. One thing I've started to noticed is that when people are invited from certain servers, regardless of their ilvl and perceived experience, they are just bad. e.g. Have strange, inefficient, and often deadly dungeon routes; never interrupt casts; low dps despite high ilvl; and generally lead the group to their death multiple times. Ever see this? Is this a latency thing based on server location? Cultural? Language?
    It's just you. Believe me.