Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Nobody cares if u got mythic gear. Like nobody.

/
    Good. I fail to see why the game should be designed to placate the egos of such a small group of players.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    If this game required skill, there will be like only 20people with Mythic gear.

So.... Nop?

If you want the "epeenis" try to top warcraftlogs on your sever and then on world ladder, during progress not cheese farm

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    INobody cares if u got mythic gear. Like nobody.
    That's because of the Overlap between heroic titanforges. Even mythic raiders don't care anymore, a big decline isn't happening for nothing.

Gear mattered when there was 1 difficulty, and 1 only, there was no need for "gearscore" etc either, that all came with ToTC/ICC normal/heroic 10/25 you could do a raid 4 times a week until the cata pre-patch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Good. I fail to see why the game should be designed to placate the egos of such a small group of players.
    hehe yours is the majority i see?
    Sorry but only reason a MMORPG became so popular is because character progress and all the time u spend, actually be rewarding.
    Now you spend just as much time if not ALOT less and get basically something that is NOT rewarding.

Give me something in WoW that is rewarding and worth the time? And i give you my opinion on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I used to look at the top guild on my server and go wow that's amazing, I wish I could do that.

I still do, and so should you.

If we as a player base spent less time trying to bring everyone down and more time striving for success, I think it would greatly increase everyone's gaming experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusch View Post
    Totally agree on the time limit and difficulty.

AOTC is a joke with how long you have to obtain them.

The recent artifact appearance challenge should be removed with the release of tomb, it's already easy enough.
    Ya because the intent was that only those who had currently completed Mythic NH be able to complete the challenge.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-584

Current average is ~910 across all classes for completion.

Means that there is a definite gear check going on. So it has more to do with the gear one possesses and very little to do with "skill". This delusional mindset of yours is rampant through this thread right now.

If you're so confident with your skill. I invite you to accept another challenge. Complete said achievement in only 850 gear. Post a video as proof. I'll be waiting oh skillful one. Should be a breeze given that it is "already easy enough".

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    Exclusivity strives people to improvement and gives a feeling of empowerment which MMOs are famous for, except WoW because its now a shitty game now made by developer-dads who want the casuals to get mythic gear out of LFR and M0s.
    So go play one of the other flourishing "hardcore" mmos that have remained true and pure to the genre of an "mmo" as you have so narrowly defined it.

WoW (as shitty a game as it is *according to you*) took MMOs mainstream, removed the stigma of the neckbearded basement dweller living on Mom's good graces, and made a game that everyone could play.

Hardcore players were given exclusivity in the form of mounts. 100% drop rate on Mythic (while relevant) dropping down to 0.01% chance when the next xpac/content is released.

But the real and truly "hardcore" players didn't give a fuck, because they saw this as an opportunity to make money. They don't care about exclusivity at all.

No the people that care about the exclusivity are second tier bitches. Those that come close (some might make the cut) but the majority never quite get there. Those that inevitably lump themselves in with realm firsts, though they probably didn't even come close until the end of the content patch, or worse the xpac.

The sense of accomplishment is personal, and people knew it and felt long before achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    People like having unique stuff, it makes people feel better than others which is a feeling everyone likes.

Everyone having the same stuff makes the game boring as fuck.

People liked being able to afford their level 60 mounts, getting Dungeon set 1, T1/T2/T3 and people liked seeing people in them, Scarab Lord title, people liked getting legendary items in vanilla simply because they were rare and a lot of people didn't have them. It made people feel better than others.
    How vain and narcissistic are you?

I'm going to tell you right now, no one cared, no one wanted to be like you. No one.

If you need that "stuff" to feel better, then chances are, you aren't ACTUALLY better.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    As I said in the post you quoted, please point out which of my Legion kills weren't relevant or hypocrisy.

I killed Gul'Dan Heroic on 1/23/2017, this is the week he was released.
    I killed Xavius Mythic on 11/20/2016
    I killed the first 3 mythic bosses of Nighthold in the first week they released.

Guess that content was irrelevant as I only did it in the first week, not on the first day.
    The rest of your account betrays this notion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Ya because the intent was that only those who had currently completed Mythic NH be able to complete the challenge.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-584

Current average is ~910 across all classes for completion.

Means that there is a definite gear check going on. So it has more to do with the gear one possesses and very little to do with "skill". This delusional mindset of yours is rampant through this thread right now.

If you're so confident with your skill. I invite you to accept another challenge. Complete said achievement in only 850 gear. Post a video as proof. I'll be waiting oh skillful one. Should be a breeze given that it is "already easy enough".
    I agree with this sentiment. Skill isn't something that truly exists in any game that gear is a modifier for success. In the case of WoW, gear has always been the superior and much more notable ability to complete content than skill. Once you know a fight, it becomes mindless, the "skill" of mastering a boss ends with learning it once, it has always been like that for this game.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Mounts, achievements, VASTLY different appearances on Tier in Mythic. The top players have exclusive rewards.
    I was going to say this same thing. Top players already have a ton of exclusive rewards. How many rewards are enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I was going to say this same thing. Top players already have a ton of exclusive rewards. How many rewards are enough?
    People are just upset its no longer like Vanilla/TBC where the raiders got epics and cohesive sets while us plebs walked around in our mismatched clown suits...

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    The rest of your account betrays this notion.
    And that is the confirmation that you have absolutely no argument. Learn to lose with dignity.

Deleted
    Greg Street is a populist. And a really lousy populist.

And he pretends to be a "hardcore gamer" while he works 13 hours a day on game design.

How can you be a hardcore player, if all you do is designing games?
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-05-22 at 04:53 PM.

I just want a MMORPG where gear actually matters, where if you get some sort of items, people will actually be jealous. That feeling is long but gone. Nobody cares if u got mythic gear. Like nobody.

Same goes for leveling, i rather level and get gear along way, to become stronger. Then reach end game and everyone have around same gear. Plane boring :/
    Why any adult should be jealous about that?

- - - Updated - - -

And that is the confirmation that you have absolutely no argument. Learn to lose with dignity.
    U dont
    /10char

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Lose what, exactly? This isn't a "win or lose" concept. This is about facts, facts that have failed to provide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I agree. They get their own armor models for tier now, no less. Combine that with Feats of Strength, guaranteed mount drops, Realm/region-wide achievement call outs, and more. If anything they should start trimming some of that fat, in my opinion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Nothing better to revive some of the subs by introducing a timed event, at the end of the expansion, that rewards amazing exclusive rewards! Not a surprised developers are fond of these tactics.

5+ Year Old Account
    Why does anyone give a shit about what this man says? He is no longer relevant....

Again, reading many of the comments here makes me think we're playing two different games. People claiming that "oh you're not truly skilled, you only wipe 400 times and then kill it, nothing skillful about that". Or that there's some kind of "special snowflake" mentality, this is not something new. If you think this is new you're simply deluded, mankind has always wanted to be recognized for their skill. Just because it's also apparent in a game doesn't make it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    Why does anyone give a shit about what this man says? He is no longer relevant....
    Who the fuck cares WHO he is. It's what the comment entails that's important. And that's what's being discussed, who he is or what he's done matters little. An opinion is just that, an opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In the latest post by Ghostcrawler, he says that he is a big fan exclusive, prestige rewards for the best players.

He also mentions that there should be content for all types of players, however he is in favor of time-limited and rewards that people aspire to, but are never able to obtain.

I think the reason he feels this way is because having aspirations in the game make players better. It also gives players goals to go try to achieve.

Back in TBC, I aspired to be a raider and clear BT and Sunwell because of the fact that it was prestigious. It was cool because I liked that other players saw my gear and wanted to become like me and try to obtain the gear that I had. It felt good because the gear was unique and if a player had T6 gear, it meant they were good players.

Now that gear is so diluted, especially since the same look is obtainable in different difficulties, just with different color variations, it loses some of its umph and prestige. Blizzard is known for being wishy washy on their stance, but one stance that I really wish they would go back to is the WoD model of gear, where the tier gear looked different from the tourist gear.

Do you agree with Ghostcrawler?
    I think you are being a little disingenuous with how you're portraying his entire statement.

I’m a big fan of exclusive, prestige rewards for the best players. Having something that aspirational has benefits I believe even for players who have little chance of ever earning them.

That said, I don’t think it’s the right design to have great rewards for the best players and only hopes and dreams for everyone else.

If you unpack player motivations for earning a piece of content, they usually fall out into buckets like this:

I want to show off what a bad ass I am.
    I want to express what kind of player I am.
    The content has power and I need it to stay competitive.
    It’s something fun.

Bullet 1 is definitely there to serve the top percent of players. Bullet 2 is less about recognition and more about communicating to other players about who I am. I’d be careful about locking those kind of rewards away to the top percent. You can get away with locking up a little bit of power under the justification that it gets more relevant at the more competitive upper end of the player base, but you have to be careful. Bullet 4 is where it’s easy to get into trouble where players are just in love with something (and not just because it symbolizes achievement). For category 4, I’d make the rewards highly available. (Source)
    I interpret his meaning to be: there are many different motivations for why people play a game, I think it's important to throw a bone to each of them to keep them playing.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Again, reading many of the comments here makes me think we're playing two different games. People claiming that "oh you're not truly skilled, you only wipe 400 times and then kill it, nothing skillful about that". Or that there's some kind of "special snowflake" mentality, this is not something new. If you think this is new you're simply deluded, mankind has always wanted to be recognized for their skill. Just because it's also apparent in a game doesn't make it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Who the fuck cares WHO he is. It's what the comment entails that's important. And that's what's being discussed, who he is or what he's done matters little. An opinion is just that, an opinion. Feel free to disagree.
    many peoples on this forum like to act big, like to look like elitists and wanna be pro, fortunately blizzard every time try one of "their" solution end up going back because the results are shit.
    GC is just all word, he almost single handy crushed wow with the shitty elitist mentality more than every "wow-killer" has ever done, i guess 4.0-4.1 has already passed down has the biggest mmo subs suicide the market has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    many peoples on this forum like to act big, like to look like elitists and wanna be pro, fortunately blizzard every time try one of "their" solution end up going back because the results are shit.
    GC is just all word, he almost single handy crushed wow with the shitty elitist mentality more than every "wow-killer" has ever done, i guess 4.0-4.1 has already passed down has the biggest mmo subs suicide the market has ever seen.
    Really? The GC that was the driving force behind LFR? I don't think you know what GC actually stood for in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Lose what, exactly? This isn't a "win or lose" concept. This is about facts, facts that have failed to provide.
    Facts that you have failed to provide. It's not my fault that you peaked in lfr.