Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone badly needs their safe space.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Bro, do you even Google?

I get that this can be tough to see at times because bias is rampant in the world, but it's not the job of the news media to make sure there is a balance, it's their job to report news. If the news is inherently negative, then that's what it's going to be. And when the news is a literal on-air quote from the President, for example, it's a little disingenuous to take issue with how it gets reported.
    Cherry picking quotes out of context is being biased though. Both sides are guilty of doing this.
    Like the whole "Grab 'em the pu**y" fiasco. People actually believe he physically did that. Not that he was talking about that he could do it. It was a private conversation between two adult men.
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-05-22 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Anyway you look at it, the unprecedented negative coverage of the PotUS from the CNN and NBC is unprecedented.
    Practically everything about this presidency is unprecedented. We have a real estate billionaire turned reality TV star as a President. A person who has literally zero experience with foreign or domestic policy. An election that was bombarded by Russian propaganda. In an environment that as highly politicized as ever.

CNN and NBC hate Trump. Fox loves Trump. Everyone with a brain is aware of these realities.
    Eat yo vegetables

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/by...rticle/2623641

According to a Harvard study, CNN and NBC coverage of Trump's first 100 days has been 93% negative. While during the same time period Obama received only 41% negative coverage and Bush 57%.
    This is one of the reasons he said "No politician has been treated so worse in history".

I bet this 93% doesn't come close to what is posted here.
    Worse presidents get worse coverage. Fair (even, balanced) coverage would be highly artificial - it's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

This is really just an instance of the general observation that reality does not always lie in the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I'm genuinely curious - where the hell do they find 7% from ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cherry picking quotes out of context is being biased though. Both sides are guilty of doing this.

like what you are doing with the article, glad you admit your bias

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/by...rticle/2623641

According to a Harvard study, CNN and NBC coverage of Trump's first 100 days has been 93% negative. While during the same time period Obama received only 41% negative coverage and Bush 57%.
    This is one of the reasons he said "No politician has been treated so worse in history".

I bet this 93% doesn't come close to what is posted here.
    He said it but hes fucking stupid. Nelson mandella would probably disagree. In any event the media covers whatever will put butts in seats. Typically that usually involves scandal. This administration is particularly scandalous so its get a bright light shined on it. Les.moonves said trump was great for the media.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    No you forgot this part

Even Fox News and Wall Street Journal were in the same boat FOX FREAKING NEWS.
    Fox looked pretty neutral to me. That is why people from the left don't like them.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-05-22 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm genuinely curious - where the hell do they find 7% from ?
    Probably that he loves his family? Surely something positive.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Probably that he loves his family? Surely something positive.
    I suppose so - I mean he does live a happy life with his family in the White House like every president before him.

Doesn't he ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Fox looked pretty neutral to me. That is why people from the left don't like them.
    Actually it is fox who are biased. And are taking everything as news which practically would be called propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Practically everything about this presidency is unprecedented. We have a real estate billionaire turned reality TV star as a President. A person who has literally zero experience with foreign or domestic policy. An election that was bombarded by Russian propaganda. In an environment that as highly politicized as ever.

CNN and NBC hate Trump. Fox loves Trump. Everyone with a brain is aware of these realities.
    According to that graphic they don't love him. They seem pretty dame neutral wouldn't you say?

Sure, but you're being deliberately obtuse if you think this refutes my point. You have complete context of Trump saying he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation, for example.

Like the whole "Grab 'em the pu**y" fiasco. People actually believe he physically did that. Not that he was talking about that he could do it. It was a private conversation.
    Maybe some people do. But maybe come people instead acknowledge that he was bragging that he could commit sexual assault if he wanted to. You're not trying to actually defends his words because he was only bragging about committing a crime rather than actually doing it, are you? Surely what he did does not deserve conviction (though there are all those women who came forward with harassment claims...), but it's still pretty damn repugnant and doesn't exactly make his comments about treating women with respect ring true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I suppose so - I mean he does live a happy life with his family in the White House like every president before him.

Doesn't he ?
    Yeah, in special his wife. And dont forget that daughter and husband are allowed to work for him. Strong family bonds.

93% negative coverage is being generous to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to that graphic they don't love him. They seem pretty dame neutral wouldn't you say?
    So you're saying that 50% of all the things Trump has done have been positive, and 50% have been negative?
    Eat yo vegetables

Fox is the same channel that, on the day of the Comey memo news breaking, did everything they could to cover anything but that news.

Super neutral, dog.

Listen I know you say you don't "defend" Trump but everyone knows that Fox News, and WSJ are right wing media they don't even try to hide it. If those two outlets who literally are going out of their way to ignore the scandals are giving Trump mostly negative headlines then it should be pretty obvious what he is doing is indefensible.

Because neutral coverage does not always give the correct or realistic picture. Take climate change for instance. Forced neutral coverage gives the false impression that there's a divide among scientists, when no such divide actually exists. In this case, it's forcing a balance between correct info and bullshit. And halfway between correct and wrong is still wrong.

Same thing with Donald. He's just utterly bad compared to every other President in modern U.S. history. Giving neutral coverage presents the false impression that he's somehow just the same as every other President.

"Fair and balanced" is the dumbest fucking motto in news. It's basically an admission that they're forcing news to fit onto the political spectrum. The goal should be to reduce this, not to make it the official fucking policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

They shouldn't be that one sided though should they? 93%...
    An asshole acting like an asshole, will ofcourse get negative coverage, it's pretty darn obvious.