Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    But you already studied Swedish extensively in a sense by learning Danish. Sure, it's not as good for learning Swedish as studying Swedish itself, but because there's a high degree of mutual intelligibility, a lot of what you would have learned would be applicable nonetheless. You're comparing your ability to speak an unusually similar neighboring language you may very well get some exposure to, to the ability of people who are switching from an entirely different language family. That is a very silly comparison. "If I can do this much easier thing, then they should have no problems doing a much harder thing."
    Swedish isn't a hard language to learn. That's just the way it is.

Says who? Based on what?
    Says me. Based on my own experience.

rofl

What a fucking joke.

"GUYS THIS LANGUAGE THAT'S LIKE 70% THE SAME AS MY NATIVE TONGUE IS SUPER EASY FOR ME TO LEARN. WHY AREN'T YOU ALL ME!??!??!?!?"
    Not my problem if other people are too inadequate to learn it easy.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    I'd never understand Europeans.

You have Ukraine just near your damn border.

The people there are white. Christian. Poor as shit, so willing to do whatever dirty work you give them for a low salary. While the guy fixes your toilet his girlfriend will suck you off for 10 euro and thank you for it. They will learn whatever language you want them to learn. Most of them actually have a degree, and are much more intelligent than the muslims your bring over. They will forget about their culture and country next week they set foot into Sweden. And will be the biggest conservative rightwingers protecting the swedish way of living that you can ever have.

And yet you decide to bring in hundreds of thousands of angry uneducated muslims that do whatever they want and just tell you to go fuck yourself.

That is blunt, and pretty true

I bet 90% of the kids here don't know how to speak any other language besides English, so ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I bet these also live in a country where English is both, the majority and official language. Where is the irony in that??
    2/10 learned second language and arguably smarter than you, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    I bet 90% of the kids here don't know how to speak any other language besides English, so ironic.
    I bet most people you think are kids are in their 20s to 30s and know more than 1 language.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    I don't think that is accurate. There are a lot of Europeans, Asians etc. here - and most of them know more than one language (obviously, considering that posts here are in English, and only a fraction of those people has English as their primary language).

Deleted
    A thread about Sweden. Check.
    A thread about immigration. Check.
    Racist stereotypes against immigrants. Check.

Yeah, the right wing plays the Sweden game again.

Interesting how the article doesn't mention English. You can get by with just English fine in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I don't think that is accurate. There are a lot of Europeans, Asians etc. here - and most of them know more than one language (obviously, considering that posts here are in English, and only a fraction of those people has English as their primary language).
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-are-you-from

Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    2/10 that went to live in another country and did the minimum to be able to manouver through society without help. 8/10 that are lazy asses that gladly reap the social benefits but don't even begin to actually "live" in the country.

Also: Smarts and laguage skills aren't really corelated.

Also also: I'm German, living in Germany for my whole life, having never had the need to speak English, but still went on to be fluent in it. So, ... you're wrong on every account here.
    I think you didn't read the article my dear sir. They are talking about school children. I'm glad you are bilingual and can communicate with me online so I guess English was useful after all, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet 10/10 like those nice blonde girls though !

Deleted
    is it still a suprise that the majority of immigrants from these war torn middle eastern countries have no care for western civilisation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Interesting how the article doesn't mention English. You can get by with just English fine in Sweden.
    You can "get by" virtually anywhere on this planet even with knowing 0 languages. The difference between "get by" and "live happily", however, can be quite significant.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    This is an article that says the Swedish schools have to get better and devout more time to teaching young people to speak Swedish.
    However, the fact that some people live secluded, refusing to learn the language and live on benefits alone is a valid concern.

- - - Updated - - -

These are people who started the classes in 2011. The current refugee wave is not included.
    just because they came in 2011 does not mean they are not refugees.

there are entire towns in the the western untied states that do not speak english
    whether we wish to believe it or not, we are being colonized.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Well, if you have any idea please let me know, since you where so specific about the region they came from.
    make any sense your comment does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Swedish isn't a hard language to learn. That's just the way it is.
    For you yes, because you're Danish. That isn't representative of an average immigrants' situation or how they experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You have no fucking clue.

I'm an immigrant, I come from a European country, I speak 3 languages, all with latin letters. I have 131 IQ and I have only Swedish friends. I work in a government organisation. Many think that I was born in Sweden because I speak Swedish almost pefectly, but this took YEARS to get to that point, it probably took about 12-13 years before I actually started speaking this well. Still, even after 17 years in Sweden, I still don't speak perfect swedish. I do however speak it much better than many white trash Swedes like the OP.

You might speak what you think, but I'm speaking from first-hand experience.
    No, you're just having a perfectionist complex.

Nobody were asking these people to learn perfect Swedish in 6 months, and nobody expects that of you, either. We said that you can learn the basics of a language if you're fully immersed in its culture very fast. Problems arise if you're not immersed.