Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Can't find anything which includes cultural identity and religion. Those two things would fall under bigotry or xenophobia, not racism.

If someone started hating on me because of my religion I wouldn't call them racist.
    TBH I can't be arsed arguing the semantics of the term "racist," for a long time it's been more and more generalised (for example an English person hating the French is considered racist despite them both fitting into the same vague notion of "race.") I get that you have your own particular idea of what the word should mean, but it shouldn't confuse you if people use the term to describe any form of prejudice or bigotry based on racial/national/cultural identity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Don't hate islam to much on these forums, you will get yourself banned. Because opinion about them is very dangerous here. Unless it's a positive one.
    I don't hate Islam. I hate Islamism which is a widely accepted ideology amongst Muslims. The ideology of Islamism is the enemy, and the people that support must either be changed or they too are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post

It's time that liberals come to terms with reality and raise their voices against theocratic ideologies, no matter the religion. This is a matter of life and death. We cannot change the minds of Islamists if we tell them all that they're right, and the big bad right is just discriminating against them. Their ideology is dangerous to freedom and democracy world wide, and it must be stomped out.
    I am against all theocratic ideologies, Muslim, Christian, even Hindu terrorism is abhorrent. I just don't believe we'll be able to use force to wipe it out, cause guess what. These extremists are not reasonable. They'll never give up. You cannot outlast them unless you want to commit genocide to wipe every single one of them out. Does your country have the funds for that? There's over a billion Muslims on this world and if you declare a war against the extremists, the currently neutral Muslims may well feel under attack and join the extremists since the extremists WANT a culture and religious war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Have you ever heard of a suicide bomber in the west who left a desperate GF/Wife who cant undertand way he did it? No they are all singel men without real hope for a better life, hence they put ther fate in the religion for a better life and get a possibility of revenge on society who they blame for there misfortune.
    The pulse night club shooter was married

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Hence the brain washing, the leaders of groups like ISIS know that people, adhering to their religious beliefs, and being in a country, as you stated as being war torn, are easy to manipulate and brain wash. This isnt always the case though.. you have people fleeing from western countries to join terrorist groups, you also have people from rich Arab nations doing the same. Saudi/UAE/Pakistan etc... these countries all feed people into the ISIS machine, and people from those countries (the US included) arent poor, its not cheap to fly across the world.

The problem is people twisting religious beliefs, along with very impressionable people being obviously easy to manipulate. Most of the hardcore radical countries in Africa are actually Muslim extremist groups, i.e. Somali Pirates & Boko Haram to name a couple, but i agree that there are some bad christian factions over there. However, saying that a very small and select group in a small section of the world is the same as a global pandemic is ignorant.

The real problem is Islamism. The real problem is theocracy.

You want to do somthing meaningful and have companionship In your life. Decent work, GF/Wife/family. Peopel who have somthing to live for do not blow themself up.

Now if you are at the bottom of the social scale = long time unemployed or minimum salary work, its harder to attract a GF.

Have you ever heard of a suicide bomber in the west who left a desperate GF/Wife who cant undertand way he did it? No they are all singel men without real hope for a better life, hence they put ther fate in the religion for a better life and get a possibility of revenge on society who they blame for there misfortune.
    Unfortunately, the reasons why people become terrorists are wide and complex. I don't think we can really name one thing that causes it because it's usually unique to the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Yes, this has everything to do with NATO incursions in the Middle East, and nothing to do with an overprotective and ethnocentric European culture that isn't interested in allowing anyone that "doesn't look the part" to even have a chance at belonging.

"You aren't English and you will never be English."

"You aren't French and you will never be French."

"You aren't German and you will never be German."
    Well that is what you get, if you bring your own culture into the country, speak different language. Rape people, Are usually the folks that are highest rate in each country that has been involved with the police.

Well before we accept them as one of us, they better step up their game and be normal for once. (Those who have been involved with police etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

No they are all singel men without real hope for a better life, hence they put ther fate in the religion for a better life and get a possibility of revenge on society who they blame for there misfortune.
    On 11 December 2010, two bombs exploded in central Stockholm, killing the bomber.[3][4][5] Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt and the Swedish Security Service (SÄPO) described the bombings as acts of terrorism.[3][6]

Swedish TV4 then reported that Abdulwahab's wife, Mona Thwany, had uploaded the recordings to the couple's YouTube account.

Taimour Abdulwahab al-Abdaly (12 December 1981 – 11 December 2010) was identified as the prime suspect.[1][7] According to information from his Facebook profile and the muslima.com dating site (where he was looking for a second wife), he was a 28-year-old Iraqi Swede born in Baghdad who grew up in Tranås and was naturalized as a Swedish citizen in 1992.[34]
    After completing secondary school in Sweden in 2001, al-Abdaly studied at the University of Bedfordshire and graduated with a degree in sports therapy in 2004.[35][36] That year he married a Swedish citizen with whom he had two daughters, born in 2007 and 2009, and a son born in 2010. Al-Abdaly named his son Osama in honour of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.[37] At the time of the bombings he was living in Luton, Bedfordshire, with his wife, who also holds fundamentalist Islamic views, and he returned to Sweden on 19 November to visit relatives in Tranås.[38]
    During his stay in Britain, al-Abdaly lived in Luton for almost a decade.[39] Reports indicated that he became more religious and more angry in the late 2000s. During Ramadan in 2007, after al-Abdaly tried to recruit other Muslims who shared his political views when he preached at the Luton mosque he stormed out when confronted about his beliefs[39] and was forbidden to return.[40] His Facebook profile was reported to contain a mixture of technophile and Islamic fundamentalist postings, peppering sentiments such as "I love my Apple iPad" with references to "the Islamic Caliphate state" and Yawm al-Qiyamah.[7][41] Al-Abdaly also posted internet videos of Chechen fighters and abused Iraqi prisoners.[42]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Stockholm_bombings

All single men you say? Why did he have a wife if he was single?

The first 2, okay since it's not a choice. The third one, yeah, sure, to some extent. But the 4th one? No, that's a choice.

Someone hating on me because of my religion is really not the same as someone hating on me because of race, ethnicity or nationality.
    It may not be a choice for some people. If they trully believe in a religion, they won't be able to change because they don't like it or it is unpractical. Saying religion is a choice implies that it is not something deeply rooted in that person's being. I think it is very similar to saying being gay is a choice, you could just stop being gay if you wanted. Many, if not most people, would oppose that, arguing that it is part of what those people are. Religion could be the same for some.

It may not be genetic, but it can still be a core aspect of one's being, more relevant than their race/ethnicity to their own view of themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleEverett View Post
    I am against all theocratic ideologies, Muslim, Christian, even Hindu terrorism is abhorrent. I just don't believe we'll be able to use force to wipe it out, cause guess what. These extremists are not reasonable. They'll never give up. You cannot outlast them unless you want to commit genocide to wipe every single one of them out. Does your country have the funds for that? There's over a billion Muslims on this world and if you declare a war against the extremists, the currently neutral Muslims may well feel under attack and join the extremists since the extremists WANT a culture and religious war.
    Islamism must be stomped out, not their religion. The political aspect of their religion must be shown as the pure evil that it is. Even in its "moderate" forms. Religion has no place in politics, as we see with this terrorist attack.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The difference in that case is that it's understood that free speech is good and it's okay to criticize the government and military. With Islam people try to silence debate with meaningless labels like "Islamophobe".
    No the, difference here is that one is government sponsored while the other is freelance. You can bring in "ma freedoms" all you want into this but what the West has been doing in the middle east for the greater part of the past century has little to do with anyone encroaching on someone else's freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    It really is a choice. If you decide to stay with the religion, that's still a choice. If you leave it, that's a choice.
    Your perception of religion as it happens inside your head doesn't extend to the rest of the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No the, difference here is that one is government sponsored while the other is freelance. You can bring in "ma freedoms" all you want into this but what the West has been doing in the middle east for the greater part of the past century has little to do with anyone encroaching on someone else's freedom.
    That's not a rationalization for blowing yourself up at a kids concert.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    All single men you say? Why did he have a wife if he was single?
    The exception that prove the rule.....

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    Islamism must be stomped out, not their religion. The political aspect of their religion must be shown as the pure evil that it is. Even in its "moderate" forms. Religion has no place in politics, as we see with this terrorist attack.
    There are millions of islamists, millions. We cannot feasibly wipe them out militarily unless you're willing to sacrifice a whole lot more lives than those that have been lost to terrorism.

The thing that is really sickening about this attack is that they targeted kids. Obviously, it was done to spread as much panic and fear as possible. But come on, why be such a coward? The statement from ISIS called the victims "crusaders", wtf?
    Last edited by Lokryn; 2017-05-23 at 06:42 PM.

All put your hands up for the religion of peace and harmony !

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-05-23 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    That's not a rationalization for blowing yourself up at a kids concert.
    Agreed. There's nothing rational about any of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Too much enrichment too fast

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yet none of these people proclaim there reasons to be some secular foreign policy motive.

And even if it was, it is telling that their culture views this as the response to a secular foreign policy problem.

Why when a darker skinned person says "I am doing this in the name of God!" you don't believe him? Was Dylan Roof not racist? Was his stated reason just a cipher for socioeconomic problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.