Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    While I otherwise enjoyed the episode, does Earth-38 not have any clean rooms? And I have some concern about lead-ing up the atmosphere, the entire planet just turned into Flint, MI.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I'm so glad Mon'El is gone, next season...Supercorp!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I'm disappointed they made Supergirl defeat Superman #cringe
    Superman has spent a lifetime on Earth acquiring and learning to use those powers, as well as learning the damage they can cause to everything around him. Even fighting his greatest enemy, Superman will unconsciously hold back from unleashing his full power levels. Supergirl spent her time on Earth learning to suppress her powers and never be the hero, so when she finally became Supergirl, she felt "released" from half a lifetime of repression. So since she never practiced using her full powers, she has no real mental blocks about using her full strength. For her, it was always "don't do it at all," so she never learned to exercise restraint or control - it was either nothing or everything.

This is how it is in the comics, too; Supergirl is seen as stronger than Superman by many people because she doesn't hold back the way he does.

I mean, I'm glad Mon-El is gone, because Supergirl deserves to be with Flash and/or Lena, but I still think it was kinda ridiculous how they just sent him off the planet to who-knows-where*. I mean, he could've gone back with M'gann and the friendly White Martians to Mars while waiting for all the lead to leave the atmosphere ... in like a week.

*I mean, I know he ends up in the phantom zone, but I'm not positive what his actual destination was
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    I mean, I'm glad Mon-El is gone, because Supergirl deserves to be with Flash and/or Lena, but I still think it was kinda ridiculous how they just sent him off the planet to who-knows-where*. I mean, he could've gone back with M'gann and the friendly White Martians to Mars while waiting for all the lead to leave the atmosphere ... in like a week
    They made it pretty clear that this magic device would permanently "irradiate" the atmosphere with lead (while still being a "trace amount, harmless to humans"). None of which makes scientific sense, but hey, comic book super-science logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    They made it pretty clear that this magic device would permanently "irradiate" the atmosphere with lead (while still being a "trace amount, harmless to humans"). None of which makes scientific sense, but hey, comic book super-science logic.
    Was that the scene with Lena and Lillian? I apologize then, my DVR effed it up and I saw literally nothing between the phone call and the next commercial.

And yeah, comic book super-science logic.

EDIT: Ok, yeah. Uck. Altho that was enjoyable to rewatch Cat's flirting with Clark Kent and "Oh God I hope Rhea kills me"
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2017-05-23 at 07:58 PM.

I just saw the Green Lantern poster on a previous page. I could get behind that I think. I've been worried they would slowly turn Lena Luthor into a bad guy. There's probably not too many people here that watched Merlin, but Katie McGrath started off as a good guy and they turned her evil. Plus every other Luthor is evil. There's times where they do a pretty good job at making you wonder if she's on Supergirls side or not. I'd like to see Lena remain good for the entire series though.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I just saw the Green Lantern poster on a previous page. I could get behind that I think. I've been worried they would slowly turn Lena Luthor into a bad guy. There's probably not too many people here that watched Merlin, but Katie McGrath started off as a good guy and they turned her evil. Plus every other Luthor is evil. There's times where they do a pretty good job at making you wonder if she's on Supergirls side or not. I'd like to see Lena remain good for the entire series though.
    At first they made it a little ambiguous (especially in the flashback/chess episode), but since then she's been obviously pro-good guys. Kara needs to tell Lena tho asap, because it'd be so trite if she found out on her own and got upset about it.

At first they made it a little ambiguous (especially in the flashback/chess episode), but since then she's been obviously pro-good guys. Kara needs to tell Lena tho asap, because it'd be so trite if she found out on her own and got upset about it.
    Agreed completely.

As long as she tells her before they hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post

This is how it is in the comics, too; Supergirl is seen as stronger than Superman by many people because she doesn't hold back the way he does.
    Not that it means much really, but Supergirl also actually did spend time learning to fight without her powers. They referenced Superman knowing some moves, but he always felt like a "I punch hard, I don't need technique" guy to me.

- - - Updated - - -

While I otherwise enjoyed the episode, does Earth-38 not have any clean rooms? And I have some concern about lead-ing up the atmosphere, the entire planet just turned into Flint, MI.
    The lead thing was always a little off to me, since I mean... guns...

But, in any case, the ships would have been sealed and there is no reason given that the Daxamites didn't continue to bombard the cities. They definetly seem like a "if we can't have it, no one will!" type of people.

Of course this ignores that Mon El is now king and could tell them to do whatever.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Not that it means much really, but Supergirl also actually did spend time learning to fight without her powers. They referenced Superman knowing some moves, but he always felt like a "I punch hard, I don't need technique" guy to me.
    IIRC doesn't she process the sun rays better than he does thus making her slightly more powerful, could of sworn i heard that referenced somewhere before.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    IIRC doesn't she process the sun rays better than he does thus making her slightly more powerful, could of sworn i heard that referenced somewhere before.
    I don't remember that, but it's possible I guess.

Really it comes back to comic book rule, whoever's name is on the cover.

I'd expect mon el to be on legends like people have wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I'd expect mon el to be on legends like people have wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    on Legends?

i thought they had something a bit grander for him

- - - Updated - - -

As long as she tells her before they hook up.
    not telling her does keep the possibility that Lena might go evil, afterall, Lex never knew Superman's identity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

The lead thing was always a little off to me, since I mean... guns...

But, in any case, the ships would have been sealed and there is no reason given that the Daxamites didn't continue to bombard the cities. They definetly seem like a "if we can't have it, no one will!" type of people.

Of course this ignores that Mon El is now king and could tell them to do whatever.
    they definitely don't seem like that at all. They seem like a people hwo obey their Queen/military commmander - and that's why all of this happened. who's to say what Daxom would do? And according to what we heard from Mon-El, they aren't a military/conquering type of people anyway.. there kingdom was acutally quite happy for the poeple, lots of parties, always had what they wanted/needed, and let the roayls do most of hte work for them and enjoy whatever benefits they wanted.

its a different way of governance,Kryptons is better or Kryptons rather is modelled after the humanist ideal, while Daxom after the feudal ideal. The non-evil versions. It's his mother that goes all crazy when she can't get her son back. and that didn't strike mea s a particualrly good move either. It seemed a bit out of the blue. I know people can change character/beahviour after very traumatic or bad experiences and as such be the source of great trouble, but i dont htink it was handled well enough with her.

She is not a bad guy at first, then all of a sudden she's ambitious and kills her husband... ? - well maybe it is very feudal.

- - - Updated - - -

that just sounds lame to me, is it canon? or someone just offering a theory as to why supergirl was able to beat superman? They are both from krypton, processing the sun's rays better? that seems a bit silly.

sometimes people are a stronger than others naturally, men are stronger than women physically on average, heavier bones, greater body mass, and system that feeds adrenaline better - however not all men are stronger than all women - Cara could be one of those exceptions. or maybe in Krypton women are stronger than men - though it seems silly because again they have slighter frames and look like earth women.

IS supergirl stronger than superman in comic book lore? cos i've never heard of that being the case... it might be... but i thought superman was the strongest, and man is certainly stornger than girl - though it doesn't need to be the case.

Also superman may say he was at full strength, but if he acan't even remember what he was doing how can he be so sure. and she seemed to have a lucky break coming from a better fighting technique.

Besides, it's not just raw strength now when you're far more evenly matched in strength right? Kara has trained technique.. we never see the case with superman, so we can assume he just uses raw strength.. so kara is not stronger just the better fighter at that point in time makes a bit more sense..it could also be local to the series and the season. It's Supergirl not superman - so obviously Supergirl has to be the heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    She is not a bad guy at first, then all of a sudden she's ambitious and kills her husband... ? - well maybe it is very feudal.
    Keep in mind the scenes of his parents searching for Mon-El before we saw their faces revealed:

2x08 (Medusa): "I do not care how much space we must cross. How many lives we lose, or how many suns we burn. Mon-El of Daxam will be found."

2x09 (Supergirl Lives): After the alien tells them that Mon-El of Daxam has gone to Earth, they reward him for his help by disintegrating him.

Those don't sound like the words or actions of a "good guy".

o

that just sounds lame to me, is it canon? or someone just offering a theory as to why supergirl was able to beat superman? They are both from krypton, processing the sun's rays better? that seems a bit silly.

sometimes people are a stronger than others naturally, men are stronger than women physically on average, heavier bones, greater body mass, and system that feeds adrenaline better - however not all men are stronger than all women - Cara could be one of those exceptions. or maybe in Krypton women are stronger than men - though it seems silly because again they have slighter frames and look like earth women.

IS supergirl stronger than superman in comic book lore? cos i've never heard of that being the case... it might be... but i thought superman was the strongest, and man is certainly stornger than girl - though it doesn't need to be the case.

Also superman may say he was at full strength, but if he acan't even remember what he was doing how can he be so sure. and she seemed to have a lucky break coming from a better fighting technique.

Besides, it's not just raw strength now when you're far more evenly matched in strength right? Kara has trained technique.. we never see the case with superman, so we can assume he just uses raw strength.. so kara is not stronger just the better fighter at that point in time makes a bit more sense..it could also be local to the series and the season. It's Supergirl not superman - so obviously Supergirl has to be the heroine.

It was on a cartoon version, she basically has a higher metabolism than him so she can process it better/faster than his body can. He thought he was fighting Zod he wouldn't hold back, earlier this season it was said she was stronger than him.

there kingdom was acutally quite happy for the poeple, lots of parties, always had what they wanted/needed, and let the roayls do most of hte work for them and enjoy whatever benefits they wanted.
    Well, the nobles did whatever they wanted, but it is remarked that everyone lower than that was a slave. It does have some Feudal elements, but mostly the tail end of governments where the nobles had lost touch so badly they were about to be overthrown.

If it was more of a post-resource type world where robots did all the work, and the humans just partied, maybe, but as is it was not a great place to be.

In my continuing belief they're setting up The Reign of the Supermen, I think it's the visored one/Eradicator/Last Son of Krypton
    Its going to be http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Reign_(Prime_Earth) played by Odette Annable

Big fan of Odie. <3 <3 <3 loved her in Banshee. I might have to give this show a shot when she pops up.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================