Sounds to me like it might as well be original fantasy, except for maybe the occasional hint to an established location, story or family name. I think most of the benefits of making it a "spin-off" is on HBO's side, namely, people who are fans of GoT will check it out and you will therefore have a build-in fanbase already, and you can get away with making a show that's pretty similar without being called out on ripping off GoT.

They just CSI'd game of thrones, and it looks like George is largely done with the books and has agreed with HBO to build a money printing press.

So some ideas

The first dragon riders.

Valyria in its prime vs the Ghiscari empire.

Age of heros.

Dragonstone pre Aegon's conquest and the Doom.

Aegon's conquest.

Dance of dragons.

A series set 5 10 15+ years after the current books.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well drogon looks like he can easly swallow a man whole now

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, Drogon is full-on beast mode now, lol.
    Meanwhile Balerion could swallow an aurochs, which was basically a proto cow, only twice the size, whole. That would make him like 4 times the size of Drogon now, he still has a lot of growing to do.

Even at his comparitivly small size its going to make it hard to make Cersei's forces seem a threat, even with their rumored super harpoon gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Meanwhile Balerion could swallow an aurochs, which was basically a proto cow, only twice the size, whole. That would make him like 4 times the size of Drogon now, he still has a lot of growing to do.

Even at his comparitivly small size its going to make it hard to make Cersei's forces seem a threat, even with their rumored super harpoon gun.
    Easy answer: The Mountain.

He will be unimpeded by fire; all he needs to do is to get a hold on a dragon and GG, be it by luring one to the ground and then climbing ontop of it (and then subsequently climbing to the head and impaling the brain) or by using his titanic strength to hurl a heavy mass javelin into it's brain. Or, if Cersei is even as half as smart as she thinks she is, she will coordinate with Balon and just use harpoons. Another option is to lure a dragon into the dragon pit in Kingslanding and then proceed to douse it in wildfire on it (which is explicitly magical, so bye bye fire immunity).

Or Balon could use Dragonbinder (I don't remember if it's in the show version) to hijack one of Dany's three, and then proceed to use it to quickly take out one of the remaining two caught unaware/surprised. That is, if it actually has power.

A little disconcerted to see those 2 pictures from what looks like the Wall again. I'm so tired of that storyline regardless of if the White Walkers destroy it. I never want to see that set piece again.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    A little disconcerted to see those 2 pictures from what looks like the Wall again. I'm so tired of that storyline regardless of if the White Walkers destroy it. I never want to see that set piece again.
    I'd imagine that Jon would have returned to the Night's Watch to give them the proper supplies that they desperately needed, as well as reorganize a new scouting formation along the several hundred mile long wall to detect where the invasion will come from (coincidentally, this may be how they find Bran).

As for why Jon goes South, I have a theory: Jon will send a raven to Sam asking him how the search for a way to stop the Others is coming along, only to be told he doesn't have anything definitive yet. Jon then goes south based off of the rumors of the dragon queen (as well as telling his fellow world leaders "HEY! If you don't come up here and up me, we will ALL DIE!!!")

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post

He will be unimpeded by fire; all he needs to do is to get a hold on a dragon and GG, be it by luring one to the ground and then climbing ontop of it (and then subsequently climbing to the head and impaling the brain) or by using his titanic strength to hurl a heavy mass javelin into it's brain.
    I think you're overestimating the mountain by a league or two.

He will be unimpeded by fire; all he needs to do is to get a hold on a dragon and GG, be it by luring one to the ground and then climbing ontop of it (and then subsequently climbing to the head and impaling the brain) or by using his titanic strength to hurl a heavy mass javelin into it's brain. Or, if Cersei is even as half as smart as she thinks she is, she will coordinate with Balon and just use harpoons. Another option is to lure a dragon into the dragon pit in Kingslanding and then proceed to douse it in wildfire on it (which is explicitly magical, so bye bye fire immunity).

Or Balon could use Dragonbinder (I don't remember if it's in the show version) to hijack one of Dany's three, and then proceed to use it to quickly take out one of the remaining two caught unaware/surprised. That is, if it actually has power.
    Ehhhhh the mountain isn't wow Warrior level, he is just a reanimated dude who suffers from a pituitary disorder. An adult dragons only weak point is an opened eye even then it takes a ballista bolt through it to kill one. i doubt even the mountain throws with enough force to do that. And no way in hell he would even get in range before he got melted into slag.

A smart dragon rider would have their mount close its eyes on strafing runs and or against missile volleys, tho it doesn't look like Dany is even wearing armor, so all it would take would be one stray arrow to kill her, and make Drogon go wild, and this much easier to kill as his eyes would be vulnerable. This could be how Rhaenys and Meraxes died, as they never got her body back

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Aside from the other claims that some other folks rightly debated, where are you getting this "unimpeded by fire" stuff? He'll burn as easily as any other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Aside from the other claims that some other folks rightly debated, where are you getting this "unimpeded by fire" stuff? He'll burn as easily as any other.
    While regular humans will be writhing in pain until they die, the Mountain will simply charge on until he's actually incinerated to ashes (and given the sheer durability of the human body in that regard - seriously, just research bodies in fires - that'd actually be pretty difficult. So far, the dragons can't actually incinerate people to ashes). Considering that he is a magical being in nature, and does function like a normal human (otherwise the necrosis would have prevented his resurrection, since his heart would be dead and it'd be impossible to pump blood to his limbs and actually make him move in the first place), the dragons would actually have to tear him to shreds to kill him.

While regular humans will be writhing in pain until they die, the Mountain will simply charge on until he's actually incinerated to ashes (and given the sheer durability of the human body in that regard - seriously, just research bodies in fires - that'd actually be pretty difficult. So far, the dragons can't actually incinerate people to ashes). Considering that he is a magical being in nature, and does function like a normal human (otherwise the necrosis would have prevented his resurrection, since his heart would be dead and it'd be impossible to pump blood to his limbs and actually make him move in the first place), the dragons would actually have to tear him to shreds to kill him.
    Ehh cremation furnaces are around 1000°C the melting point of most silicate rocks is about 1200°C. Rhaegal and Viserion break out of the catacombs in season 6 so we know their breath is strong enough to melt stone, more than enough for the mountain, let alone Drogon who is 1.5 times the size, as a dragons breath improves in power with size. Balerion was literally described as melting the towers of harenhall like candles.

The only way zombie mountain could manage to hurt Drogon seriously is if Dany was dumb enough to let him get close, and to leave Drogon's eyes open. even then, a dragon is probably going to be faster closing its jaws on you than a fully armored giant knight is positioning to target the eye and thrusting a spear.

The only way zombie mountain could manage to hurt Drogon seriously is if Dany was dumb enough to let him get close,
    Implying that the only dragon the Mountain fought was the one with Dany on him.

even then, a dragon is probably going to be faster closing its jaws on you than a fully armored giant knight is positioning to target the eye and thrusting a spear.
    In the case you just mentioned, then the dragon did the Mountain's job for him: closing in to eat the Mountain, he simply just poises his javenlin or weapon towards the incoming beasts eye. Dragon flails around in confusion and agony. The Mountain proceeds to finish cleanup. Job's done!

Ehh cremation furnaces are around 1000°C the melting point of most silicate rocks is about 1200°C. Rhaegal and Viserion break out of the catacombs in season 6 so we know their breath is strong enough to melt stone, more than enough for the mountain, let alone Drogon who is 1.5 times the size, as a dragons breath improves in power with size. Balerion was literally described as melting the towers of harenhall like candles.
    If Dany's dragons can actual melt through stone now, then that ability would probably be observed during her attack on King's Landing, and the Mountain would take that into account before he engaged it.

Implying that the only dragon the Mountain fought was the one with Dany on him.

In the case you just mentioned, then the dragon did the Mountain's job for him: closing in to eat the Mountain, he simply just poises his javenlin or weapon towards the incoming beasts eye. Dragon flails around in confusion and agony. The Mountain proceeds to finish cleanup. Job's done!

If Dany's dragons can actual melt through stone now, then that ability would probably be observed during her attack on King's Landing, and the Mountain would take that into account before he engaged it.
    I mean any of the dragons would roast him first off, it would be nearly impossible for him to get close unless Dany is stupid and lands her dragons in the middle of the field to be swarmed by Calvary, and even if he has a lance, and i mean look at how fucking huge Drogon's mouth is, it would be hard as shit to even reach it, a dragon is still probably going to be faster moving its neck and jaws than a dude in full plate armor is lining up and thrusting, not to mention while on a horse that may be on fire.

The promo shot of Drogon looks like him landing after a victorious battle with the dothraki cleaning up in the background, Dany doesn't even have armor on, so she will probably just make strafing runs barbecuing the enemy archers and Calvary. The other dragons will probably be more aggressive/uncontrollable until they get riders ya but they will follow Drogon's lead mostly.

To give it for Valyrian's silly Mountain talk, the way show has been written for past few seasons I wouldn't wonder if they made Mountain like he describes to be,
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

1:21 just drop it already plssssss.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I would dissect this trailer, but i gotta a paper to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyfap View Post
    Still waiting for Arya to show her goods
    Please dont use extremely large GIFs or images.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2017-05-24 at 08:56 PM.