Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    I disagree, not doing it will only let such behaviour continue and get worse, calling them out is the only way to make them realize that that their behaviour is unacceptable even if it's within TOS.

Blue posters are people like everyone else, they don't deserve the shit that most people on the forums give them.
    Acting like a child will not make people around you more mature.
    You won't "beat" trolls by sinking to their level.

The best Blizzard can hope for by acting like this is that the person attacked will leave and then you just lost a customer.

Judging by how many people that got involved in this it's way more likely that this hurt Blizzard and ther brand rather than helped them.

Glad he said what he said. People who don't actually play the game don't have a right to complain. I don't give a fuck if you are paying. You paying means you can log in, not develop the game. If you are going to act like ak is such a big deal you better at least be in a position where it's actually affecting your character...
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Acting like a child will not make people around you more mature.
    You won't "beat" trolls by sinking to their level.

The best Blizzard can hope for by acting like this is that the person attacked will leave and then you just lost a customer.

Judging by how many people that got involved in this it's way more likely that this hurt Blizzard and ther brand rather than helped them.
    Calling someone out on their bullshit is not acting like a child, but it is the only thing that works short of a ban on people like that.

As you can see in this thread, there are also many who support his action, so whether their brand lost or gained something is not quite that easy to tell. Personally I would much rather support a company that doesn't act like a door mat, letting its employees be stepped all over, I would rather support a company who stands up for its employees, showing that you can't treat them any way you like.

Someone who is "apologizing profusely" for something this trivial like Rda said he should have done, instantly loses all of my respect.

Someone who is "apologizing profusely" for something this trivial like Rda said he should have done, instantly loses all of my respect.
    Yeah, I think that tells how much you know about the world. Get a job, maybe, because right now you seem to be having little idea about what actually is going on around you.

The change they made is an inconvenience to some of the players. These players invested time thinking things will work one way and now things will work differently. This isn't a life or death issue, obviously, but when it is *you* creating an inconvenience to others, you apologize for it (and perhaps try not to do it in the first place). Especially when those others are paying you money and not the other way around.

Gee, what a hard concept.

(Nah, screw that. When you inconvenience people, obviously you just get personal, point to the achievements of random complainers and make snarky remarks, "winning" the crowds. Yeah! That's professionalism.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-05-24 at 11:46 AM.

I disagree with the OP, and remarks like the following from Ornyx I find very irritating to say the least

"An interesting note, but I don't see our team as 'professional', in the sense that we uphold ourselves to some golden, glorious, corporate standard. I consider us 'experts' in our crafts, but nothing more than players who sit at the developer's table who have been given blue text and sometime receive emails with information that you may not see."

Which IMO directly contradicts one of Blizzards core values

"Play Nice; Play Fair
    In our business first impressions are important -- but lasting impressions are everything. We strive to maintain a high level of respect and integrity in all interactions with our players, colleagues, and business partners. The conduct of each Blizzard Entertainment employee, whether online or offline, can reflect on the entire company."

Sooo basically that means, Blizzard's core values have gone down the drain? If I understand Ornyx correctly he understands his role as representing only himself, not Blizzard as a company or their values?

That is ... puzzling...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    "An interesting note, but I don't see our team as 'professional', in the sense that we uphold ourselves to some golden, glorious, corporate standard. I consider us 'experts' in our crafts, but nothing more than players who sit at the developer's table who have been given blue text and sometime receive emails with information that you may not see."
    ROFLMAO

You can't make this up. :-)

Yeah, Ornyx, you are kind of a living proof that "Blizzard" and "professionalism" shouldn't be used in the same sentence, not kidding. The only question is what your boss is going to think about that. I mean, if you aren't a professional, why hire you and not someone who is a professional? Hey, maybe that person wouldn't get personal with customers as well, don't you think?

Calling someone out on their bullshit is not acting like a child, but it is the only thing that works short of a ban on people like that.

As you can see in this thread, there are also many who support his action, so whether their brand lost or gained something is not quite that easy to tell. Personally I would much rather support a company that doesn't act like a door mat, letting its employees be stepped all over, I would rather support a company who stands up for its employees, showing that you can't treat them any way you like.

In this case though, they only lost.
    They won't get any new subs becuase if this but they might very well lose some.

In any case, there are much better ways to stand up to bullshit than to mock and belittle someone.
    Seeing how relieved this rep seemed to be once he learned that the poster he went after was not really offended shows quite clearly that he knew he had overstepped his bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornyx View Post
    Pretty much, to be honest. If the comment was more along the lines of "There's nothing to do in Legion/7.2 for me", that's a different story. But saying there's no content when you've only done one wing of LFR and only a few dungeons doesn't really add up - especially in a dungeon-centric game like WoW is known to be.

Just answering the troll with a troll though. All in good fun.

Also, hi MMO-C!
    Maybe this is going to be a surprise for you, Ornyx, but you are not supposed to "answer the troll with a troll".

Yes, for real. Go and ask your superiors, it seems you don't understand what the job is.

Haha that troll got raked across the coals.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I disagree with the OP, and remarks like the following from Ornyx I find very irritating to say the least

Which IMO directly contradicts one of Blizzards core values

"Play Nice; Play Fair
    In our business first impressions are important -- but lasting impressions are everything. We strive to maintain a high level of respect and integrity in all interactions with our players, colleagues, and business partners. The conduct of each Blizzard Entertainment employee, whether online or offline, can reflect on the entire company."

Sooo basically that means, Blizzard's core values have gone down the drain? If I understand Ornyx correctly he understands his role as representing only himself, not Blizzard as a company or their values?

That is ... puzzling...
    This, pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yeah, I think that tells how much you know about the world. Get a job, maybe, because right now you seem to be having little idea about what actually is going on around you.

The change they made is an inconvenience to some of the players. These players invested time thinking things will work one way and now things will work differently. This isn't a life or death issue, obviously, but when it is *you* creating an inconvenience to others, you apologize for it (and perhaps try not to do it in the first place). Especially when those others are paying you money and not the other way around.

Gee, what a hard concept.

(Nah, screw that. When you inconvenience people, obviously you just get personal, point to the achievements of random complainers and make snarky remarks, "winning" the crowds. Yeah! That's professionalism.)
    Thought you were "done" with me? But fine, I'll humour you a final time.

You're the one who can't help but try and make things personal here, so I very much doubt you're qualified to give the advice you're trying to give, as your actions directly contradicts it.

Any change they make could be seen as an inconvenience to someone. A nerf to a class or spec could inconvenience those, and a buff to a class or spec could invoncenience others. Does that mean that they should apologize for every thing they do or do not do? No, that's absurd.

It clearly is a hard concept, for you.

You're completely bending what happened here in the last row, Blizzard didn't go out and get personal with people on the announcement or even on the further clarification, it wasn't until one of them made a false statement that he called them out on their bullshit.

Clearly, you have no knowledge in how to take care of people, I sincerely hope you are never in a position of authority since you would throw your employees under the bus the first chance you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    WTB more of this, make playerbase great again.
    That guy just learned smacktalk goes both ways.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I love this. Ornyx is not taking crap from people complaining about the AK "nerf". A poster on the official forums replied to a blue:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    As she noted, this change is mainly aimed at increasing base Artifact Power gains instead of an over-reliance on Artifact Knowledge - and we do want players to hit a point where they feel they have capped their Artifact Knowledge, so they can move on to other things.

Then Ornyx comes in with the punch!:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

I assume you're trying to make a joke about content, because, looking at your Armory, it appears you've only engaged with about 25% of Legion.

I'm glad blizz is taking a hard stance at the whine that constantly plagues their forums. Much of it is just unfounded hostility for the sake of hostility, and its not warranted to be rude in any instance to the CMs or any other Blizzard employee.
    Just like most of the commenters on MMO-C (Wasn't directed at you)

The 25% of Legion content the player took part in could be exactly the part of Legion that needs fixing. In order to make a legit complaint about something, you don't have to play out all the other things which are totally unrelated to the matter you're complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Maybe this is going to be a surprise for you, Ornyx, but you are not supposed to "answer the troll with a troll".

Yes, for real. Go and ask your superiors, it seems you don't understand what the job is.
    As Ornyx himself said, he's not Customer Service, so don't treat him as one.

And people who give endless comparisons about IRL customer service behavior forget the fact that internet+anonymity=absolute jackass behavior. At least IRL customers act more decent since they are interacting face-to-face.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    I do completely fail to see the point in this thread, the guy who was replied by the blue stated that he was not ofended at all by his response, so the way i see it the blue and the guy he replied to had a little quarrel, they were both ok with it, no harm done, and then suddenly everyone gets into it against the blue or against the poster, because the little quarrel ended in a too much civil way?

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I do completely fail to see the point in this thread, the guy who was replied by the blue stated that he was not ofended at all by his response, so the way i see it the blue and the guy he replied to had a little quarrel, they were both ok with it, no harm done, and then suddenly everyone gets into it against the blue or against the poster, because the little quarrel ended in a too much civil way?
    It wasn't even a quarrel, Ornyx just gave a snarky (but well deserved IMO) response to that guy. And some people want to raise a mountain out of a molehill.

Nothing is going to happen to Ornyx, and he won't go Tseric. This drama will be all but forgotten in a couple of days, just like all internet dramas.

As for the point of this thread, it's just Jaylock being Jaylock.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-05-24 at 12:13 PM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It wasn't even a quarrel, Ornyx just gave a snarky (but well deserved IMO) response to that guy. And some people want to raise a mountain out of a molehill.
    Because:

(1) Ornyx was clearly unprofessional, and

(2) Legion isn't a great expansion.

There is just very little positive to discuss. 7.2 flopped, 7.3 is nowhere near and who knows if it will be any good. Thus people are discussing Ornyx and his gaffes.

That's the big picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    In this case though, they only lost.
    They won't get any new subs becuase if this but they might very well lose some.

In any case, there are much better ways to stand up to bullshit than to mock and belittle someone.
    Seeing how relieved this rep seemed to be once he learned that the poster he went after was not really offended shows quite clearly that he knew he had overstepped his bounds.
    Bloody hell what's with you people, first rda twists what happened, and now you claim that he belittled and mocked the person? None of that is true, stop making up bullshit.

You claim that they lost, I claim that we simply don't know. Someone who would unsubscribe due to something this trivial wouldn't have continued to play the game regardless, it's probably the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard.

You claim that they lost, I claim that we simply don't know. Someone who would unsubscribe due to something this trivial wouldn't have continued to play the game regardless, it's probably the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard.
    Man, it is amazing the things that have to be explained to you.

With Ornyx going personal at the customer: scandal, controversy, some people angry at Blizzard, others angry at those angry at Blizzard.

Without Ornyx going personal at the customer: none of the above BS.

Clearer?

When you are a boss of some company / project, go ahead and hire Ornyx. You will quickly learn to value your business and fire them on the first outbreak of stupidity called "just responding to a troll with a troll".