Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm actually shocked that so many people are on the side of the Blue Poster. While I'm not going to get into whether the dude deserved it or not, it *was* very unprofessional of Ornyx to say what he said, whether you liked it or not. People are always bashing on Blizzard, just like any other game company. Out of so many people, why did this ONE guy get singled out?

"The customer is always right" sort of fits this situation. If a restaurant gets your order wrong, whether it was their fault or maybe you didn't specify what you wanted perfectly, they're always going to replace your food and get it right.

Paying customers, whether right or wrong, expect that kind of service, whether its in a restaurant or on a video game. Armorying that dude and calling him out for thousands (or millions) of people to ridicule him was wrong.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

I have to admit, the aggrophobic/rda gotten to tag team was very entertaining if nothing else.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Unfortunately now that content is super-casual, people still complain that there is no content and it is alla grind fest.

So you can see that the real problem is the playerbase.

Also i like how you tried to counter a "misconcetpion" with another one.
    Yeah, many Wow fans have this misconception: "I can't be fool, even if all other people around me should be fools in this case". It's much easier to blame others, than to admit your own mistakes. Game - isn't some absolute thing, that exists in "as is" state, that, like real life, can't be changed or altered some way, even by developers, who are actually Gods in their game and can change almost everything, so you either have to deal with it or quit. There is no canon, that describes, how game should be designed. If majority of playerbase don't like content to a point, where they no longer treat it as content - then something is wrong with game itself, not with players.

P.S. I've spent almost 2 years in Tanaan Jungle, despite fact, that Tanaan isn't actually perfect content too - since 6.2 till present moment, but I haven't bought Legion and not going to do it. This tells everything about Legion - it has literally ZERO content for me. And what would this Ornyx tell about me? That I complain about no content in Legion, while having not even 25, but 0 percent of content consumed? Yeah? You know, he may go to hell with his Legion.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And there's an entire unit of Customer Service who exists just for that, which Ornyx isn't part of.
    I am seeing this a second time, so I will ask: do you seriously think it makes a difference that he isn't in Customer Service? He's a Community Manager, right? Do you think they are allowed to go personal there? "Answer a troll with a troll"??? No, they are not. Please drop this BS non-argument. It doesn't matter that Ornyx's department is called differently from "Customer Service".

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Indeed.

Maybe I should try going into the Mercedes retailer and speak in CAPS about how shitty the brand is, how little I enjoy driving it but I'mma keep driving it because FUCK YOU! and how low quality every bolt and tech within the car is!!! Let's see how long I'm allowed to stay.

Might add that I love my car, it's been very comfortable and trustworthy... But I don't like that one single bolt I see in the engine, so I hate Mercedes!!! I'mma keep buying from them though... And hate them!!!
    Right, but a professional car dealer WILL take all that shit from a paying customer, because that's how to conduct business. People have bad days, and spew some crazy shit. Doesn't mean they still won't come back and buy another car from you. What Ornyx did was wrong.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
    I'm actually shocked that so many people are on the side of the Blue Poster. While I'm not going to get into whether the dude deserved it or not, it *was* very unprofessional of Ornyx to say what he said, whether you liked it or not. People are always bashing on Blizzard, just like any other game company. Out of so many people, why did this ONE guy get singled out?

"The customer is always right" sort of fits this situation. If a restaurant gets your order wrong, whether it was their fault or maybe you didn't specify what you wanted perfectly, they're always going to replace your food and get it right.

Paying customers, whether right or wrong, expect that kind of service, whether its in a restaurant or on a video game. Armorying that dude and calling him out for thousands (or millions) of people to ridicule him was wrong.
    Go to any restaurant, order any meal, then complain how awful that meal is and how bad the chefs must be to make such a thing. Bring friends to the restaurant, have them do the same thing, order a meal and talk loudly so that everyone else in the restaurant can hear how bad all of it is, and ask them how they can't possibly serve something worth eating, see if you're allowed to come back after that.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Incorrect, this is what the person said in reply to Ornyx comment:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=10#post-197

As well as:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=20#post-400

Get your facts straight and stop making up bullshit. The person in question agrees with Ornyx, stop claiming they don't.
    The person also said he/she did more than thoes 25% that this Blizzard poster talked about though.
    I'm sure they agree on some points but that does not change the fact that the Blizzard rep acted in a way that is not fitting for his role. It's also not the first time the very same person has does things like this.
    Thats all there is to it.

Deleted
    Right, but a professional car dealer WILL take all that shit from a paying customer, because that's how to conduct business. People have bad days, and spew some crazy shit. Doesn't mean they still won't come back and buy another car from you. What Ornyx did was wrong.
    Personal opinion that most of us in this tread disagree with.
    Also there is a really big difference between a paying customer buying a 20k car making a 1 time payment to buy his car and a 12 year old special snowflake buying a game that is always changing (sometimes not to how they want it).

I paid for my car, does that mean I'm qualified to have an opinion on how it was made and how it functions and every little detail?

Haha, no. I can only give an opinion on the things I experience in regards to the car. What I CAN'T do, is bitch and whine about how everything I don't experience within the car is "bad" and "low quality" or "non-existant".

And Ornyx can do his job, this was one zing against 1 whiner. I don't think you're the one to say if he's qualified, that's up to his employer.
    Not a great comparison, tbh. You don't need to be "qualified" to have any kind of opinion. If you bought 3 cars in a 10 year span, all from the same manufacturer, and lets say a certain component failed within the first 6 months of each car's life. You might not know why that happened, but I'm sure you'd have an opinion on that particular car manufacturer.

Customers are allowed to have opinions, and voice them. Ornyx could've armory'd any of the forum whiners and did the same thing, but he chose to single out this one dude.

No, he/she will not.

They have a responsibility to their other customers as well. As a customer, I sure as fuck wouldn't think "how professional of them!" if I were subjected to a customer behaving in such a way. I'd be thinking "Why is that person allowed to stay and go on the way he is?".

What Ornyx did was great.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And I see a lot of people praising Ornyx for telling it like it is and standing up to uninformed players, so I guess they cancel each other out?

I didn't see anything terribly offensive about it. And that player was certainly stupid for complaining about something he doesn't take part of and doesn't impact him. But in this day and age, some people are willing to be offended by anything.
    It might not be offensive but it was unprofessional.
    And again, you won't win new subs with this but you might end up losing a few. Blizzard has nothing to win by having their representatives act like this but they have something to lose.

Deleted
    Go to any restaurant, order any meal, then complain how awful that meal is and how bad the chefs must be to make such a thing. Bring friends to the restaurant, have them do the same thing, order a meal and talk loudly so that everyone else in the restaurant can hear how bad all of it is, and ask them how they can't possibly serve something worth eating, see if you're allowed to come back after that.
    Also please eat 90% of the food first before starting to shit talk 100% of the product.

Talking loudly in a restaurant isn't the same as complaining on an internet forum. You could say complaining on Yelp would be comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am seeing this a second time, so I will ask: do you seriously think it makes a difference that he isn't in Customer Service? He's a Community Manager, right? Do you think they are allowed to go personal there? "Answer a troll with a troll"??? No, they are not. Please drop this BS non-argument. It doesn't matter that Ornyx's department is called differently from "Customer Service".
    Yes, it makes all the difference. Because unlike Customer Service his priority isn't to coddle the forum-goers. It seems you still don't understand what Community Manager means, and he already explained it in a post:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=9#post-172
    Our team is not part of Customer Service, and we don't necessarily adhere to the same levels of 'professionalism' that they may in their day-to-day, and, even when we do, it's very much relaxed as it is in most of the industry. Not trying to put down our Customer Service compatriots in any way, they do a stellar job, I just think its important to note that our teams goals are different. My goal here is first and foremost engagement and community-building, and I'm given free rein to do that as I see fit (albeit to my own pleasure and detriment).
    And going "personal" doesn't mean much when he's simply stating facts based on that guy's armory. He didn't call him names or anything. If you choose to be offended when someone points facts at you, that's 100% your problem.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-05-24 at 01:06 PM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Talking loudly in a restaurant isn't the same as complaining on an internet forum. You could say complaining on Yelp would be comparable.
    Yes it is actually, those are their official forums, it's his job to read all of those posts, to listen to all the conversations that the people dining at their restaurants are having. He hears every single complaint, and every single person browsing the forum or eating their food can hear it.

Idiotic response from Ornyx.

This situration could be handled totally in other way. The guy wasn't trolling/joking or anything, he just used a proper argument and received a stupid response from GM.

As I expected - plenty of extremes in both sides on the forum.

People seem to miss the point, that guy had right...
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-05-24 at 01:09 PM.

Not a great comparison, tbh. You don't need to be "qualified" to have any kind of opinion. If you bought 3 cars in a 10 year span, all from the same manufacturer, and lets say a certain component failed within the first 6 months of each car's life. You might not know why that happened, but I'm sure you'd have an opinion on that particular car manufacturer.

Customers are allowed to have opinions, and voice them. Ornyx could've armory'd any of the forum whiners and did the same thing, but he chose to single out this one dude.
    It's a great comparison.

I'm only qualified to have opinions about the things I know about the car. The rest I wouldn't give opinions on since I know that I'd be taking stabs in the dark... so what possible benefit could I get from attacking their entire product? Their company? Their other customers for liking shit I don't like?

None. It's just an attitude having been shaped on the internet where people don't fear being ridiculed and called out on their shit. Ornyx did good, it's not like he's always out calling players out on their hypocrisy.

No, he/she will not.

They have a responsibility to their other customers as well. As a customer, I sure as fuck wouldn't think "how professional of them!" if I were subjected to a customer behaving in such a way. I'd be thinking "Why is that person allowed to stay and go on the way he is?".

What Ornyx did was great.
    Its an internet forum though, and its 100% expected to get complaints from your playerbase. I don't know how to put it more simply. Ornyx singled one guy out, armory'd him, called him out for complaining about lack of content when he's hardly done any of it. Fine, I get that. If someone complains on the class forums and they've only just started WoW in Legion, would a CM be like, "Look fool, you've only been playing for 1 year, you don't know anything about your class"? No, they wouldn't. Could they? Sure.

What Ornyx did was borderline bullying.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was absolutely fucking awesome
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Hey, what do you know the next thing they gonna do is slap Concordance of Legionfall at 10 levels to stop you from whining about AK and "uncompletable" content for the completionist.