Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    daiceman:
    it is important to remember that the new legendary does not give you "more magic mitigation", only more flexibility about when you use it. You still only get 1 usage every 20s.
    Not exactly since two stacks allow you to avoid overcapping. When there are pauses in the magic damage intake and you actually need 2 uses of EW in a 20 second period (not very often I know), you will actually get more than one extra use of EW.

But I agree that it seems too much of a situational legendary (which is not necessarily bad since the legendary hunt is bullshit).

Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    Expanding on what Tech614 said, 2 useful macros for easier dpsing: /cast @Player] infernal strike and /cast @Player] sigil of flame.
    Other than that, yes, avoid pain capping, use all your abilities, shear with spikes up, optimize your fire dmg for flame, don't forget to use wards for the extra agi proc it provides.
    Slightly better macro for Infernal strike.. hit the button to use it with movement and alt-button to stand in place for dps

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt @Player]Infernal Strike;Infernal Strike
    Rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Not exactly since two stacks allow you to avoid overcapping. When there are pauses in the magic damage intake and you actually need 2 uses of EW in a 20 second period (not very often I know), you will actually get more than one extra use of EW.

But I agree that it seems too much of a situational legendary (which is not necessarily bad since the legendary hunt is bullshit).
    Yeah, that would be the flexibility. On a fight like Krosus it wouldn't help at all, since you take magic damage all the time. It would be more helpful on bosses that don't hurt you while off-duty since you have the flxibility to bank charges during downtime.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneberry View Post
    Slightly better macro for Infernal strike.. hit the button to use it with movement and alt-button to stand in place for dps

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt @Player]Infernal Strike;Infernal Strike
    indeed, I just prefer to use 2 separate buttons, but that's totally personal preference

I really would rather they revisit the existing legendaries than add new mediocre ones. So few of ours are actually worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    I really would rather they revisit the existing legendaries than add new mediocre ones. So few of ours are actually worthwhile.
    Literally the only spec I can think of that doesn't have at least 1 bread n butter legendary. All of them are either situational or garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Literally the only spec I can think of that doesn't have at least 1 bread n butter legendary. All of them are either situational or garbage.
    Does Prydaz count?
    This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybird View Post
    Does Prydaz count?
    I mostly meant spec specific legendaries as Archimonde's is usually universally good. Prydaz is good if you don't have Archimonde already though(interactions mess with each other as Prydaz shield takes priority, and delaying trinket use ultimately just devalues it).

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbringer29 View Post
    So i got a question. Ive looked at logs and forums and im hella confused still. My DH on our heroic farm night gets aggro taken from it all the time from our blood dk. I just changed me talents from 3123211 to 333211 so i can see what fracture is all about. But the more i look at the logs and other HNH VDH seems like they are all speced twords dps, not trying to stack vers like i am. Is that the way we should be going. More crit and mastery over vers mastery? Also if thats so do we even need to soul cleave at all or is physically picking up souls better? Over all im just confused and tired of every other tank pulling off me due to dps agro. What the hell am i doing wrong? Just over all im confused.
    Dh is Viralchaos - Mug'thol
    I mostly stack Mastery, because outside of NH most damage is still physical. I open with Flame Crash/Fiery Brand->Soul Carver->Immolation Aura->Sigil of Flame->Fel Devastation (with a quick Shear if needed for pain). I never have threat issues unless other tank taunts. As for maintaining threat, don't forget to flame crash again as needed to keep SoF going and use Razor Spikes before a round of Shear/Sever/Soul Cleave.

- - - Updated - - -

I use Archimonde's Hatred Reborn most of the time and would consider it bnb for VDH. The stats are perfect for us, an extra absorb shield that includes magic damage can come in handy, and one that explodes when it's usefulness has ended is a nice bonus. Note that it makes Munkky's top 5 in every single category.

For my 2nd, I mostly use Kirel Narak for more frequent Fiery Demise to augment all my fire spells, or Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison to keep that steady trickle of self healing.

I don't have Prydaz on my DH yet, so that's not one of my options.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish tonight. Haven't had a chance to play with it, but am thinking I may try tanking with both legendary trinkets? I could macro KBW to Fiery Brand for a buffed explosion every 75 seconds!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I mostly stack Mastery, because outside of NH most damage is still physical. I open with Flame Crash/Fiery Brand->Soul Carver->Immolation Aura->Sigil of Flame->Fel Devastation (with a quick Shear if needed for pain). I never have threat issues unless other tank taunts. As for maintaining threat, don't forget to flame crash again as needed to keep SoF going and use Razor Spikes before a round of Shear/Sever/Soul Cleave.

- - - Updated - - -

I use Archimonde's Hatred Reborn most of the time and would consider it bnb for VDH. The stats are perfect for us, an extra absorb shield that includes magic damage can come in handy, and one that explodes when it's usefulness has ended is a nice bonus. Note that it makes Munkky's top 5 in every single category.

For my 2nd, I mostly use Kirel Narak for more frequent Fiery Demise to augment all my fire spells, or Fragment of the Betrayer's Prison to keep that steady trickle of self healing.

I don't have Prydaz on my DH yet, so that's not one of my options.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish tonight. Haven't had a chance to play with it, but am thinking I may try tanking with both legendary trinkets? I could macro KBW to Fiery Brand for a buffed explosion every 75 seconds!
    i tank with both legendary trinkets since the last 2 contents all have crap trinkets i am very happy with it and the only legendary i would probably exchange one of them would be the "selfheal" ring but thats just for testing it.. but on the other side i was quite lucky with my mythc procs and have a lot of gear like 918 equiped when i use both leggy trinkets...

i have the boots but only tryed them for mythic + , but since i dont realy take dmg in mythic + for the stuff i do i just run double trinkets for dps and survi

got like 30-40 trinkets from the island but saddly nothing better then a 905 statstick that i use when i replace one of the leggy trinkets

prydaz is ok for the stats and absorb
    boots are ok for mythic +
    hands are ok if you want to DPS something down fast tryed them for the tank challenge when i had like 903

but to be honest i dont realy like our tank leggys ... thats why i would love to try out the ring ^^
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2017-05-29 at 11:11 AM.

It's telling when our best legendary is a generic. Don't get me wrong, Prydaz is great and I'm glad it's there, but it's a shame that we don't have anything interesting to look to. I've been enjoying the Leech ring after having just gotten it recently, but it's similar to Prydaz in that it's just 'there', nothing that really changes or enhances the playstyle.

I've got a question about a trinket I just recieved.
    Right now I'm running around with Archimonde's Hatred Reborn and a 890 Royal Dagger Haft.
    But I just recieved a 905 horn of valor. So I was googling around to see if it's actualy better than the Royal Dagger Haft but I can't find either of these trinkets in ANY trinket list that are recommended. And asking mrRobot is an indication but it's never realy accurate. (according to askmrrobot the BiS items are completely different than those that most guides advise)
    So the question is would the higher ilvl horn of valor be a worthy upgrade for the 890 Royal Dagger Haft. Or should I just dump money on the AH for the darkmoon trinket Immortality?
    Last edited by Dondar01; 2017-05-31 at 08:14 AM.

I've got a question about a trinket I just recieved.
    Right now I'm running around with Archimonde's Hatred Reborn and a 890 Royal Dagger Haft.
    But I just recieved a 905 horn of valor. So I was googling around to see if it's actualy better than the Royal Dagger Haft but I can't find either of these trinkets in ANY trinket list that are recommended. And asking mrRobot is an indication but it's never realy accurate. It usualy gives completely different BiS items than most respected guides.
    So the question is would the higher ilvl horn of valor be a worthy upgrade for the 890 Royal Dagger Haft. Or should I just dump money on the AH for the darkmoon trinket Immortality?

Would post a link to my armory but lost the email to my old account and I'm not allowed to post yet with this new account ^^
    But it's Dondemondar on Stormrage

Royal dagger haft is honest complete garbage. Horn of valor isn't bad, but it's definitely better than rdh. I would basically never recommend using rdh on any content we've seen so far.

RDH is literally the most worthless trinket in the game.

Horn of Valor doesn't provide much defensive benefit in the game, but it is probably the best offensive trinket in the game for us outside of the 2 lego ones.

Macro it into FB and call it a day, it's a significant dps increase over using a tanking trinket. Darkmoon might be nice for overall defense but it's really not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    Royal dagger haft is honest complete garbage. Horn of valor isn't bad, but it's definitely better than rdh. I would basically never recommend using rdh on any content we've seen so far.
    Thanks for the help. The reason I used the RDH is cause of askmrrobot. Before that I used a 865 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor and a 875 Animated Exoskeleton. Even had a doubt about using Phantasmal Echo(880) and Withering Heart of Darkness (870).

- - - Updated - - -

RDH is literally the most worthless trinket in the game.

Horn of Valor doesn't provide much defensive benefit in the game, but it is probably the best offensive trinket in the game for us outside of the 2 lego ones.

Macro it into FB and call it a day, it's a significant dps increase over using a tanking trinket. Darkmoon might be nice for overall defense but it's really not needed.
    Thanks alot for the insight. I should be more active on forums about stuff I'm not sure about.
    I'm assuming you mean Felblade with FB?
    Got any insights about the other trinkets I have in my bags?
    865 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor
    870 Withering Heart of Darkness
    875 Animated Exoskeleton
    880 Phantasmal Echo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dondar01 View Post
    Thanks for the help. The reason I used the RDH is cause of askmrrobot. Before that I used a 865 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor and a 875 Animated Exoskeleton. Even had a doubt about using Phantasmal Echo(880) and Withering Heart of Darkness (870).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks alot for the insight. I should be more active on forums about stuff I'm not sure about.
    I'm assuming you mean Felblade with FB?
    Got any insights about the other trinkets I have in my bags?
    865 Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor
    870 Withering Heart of Darkness
    875 Animated Exoskeleton
    880 Phantasmal Echo
    FB = Fiery Brand
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    FB = Fiery Brand
    Thanks ^^ I didn't even think about Fiery Brand 'till you said it

@Dondar01 It sounds like you might be using the default weights on Ask Mr. Robot - those are a starting point, just like defaults in guides, and they are not custom to you.

When you run a custom set of weights on AMR, we also sim every single trinket and item with a proc. We then bundle that info with the stat weight report, so that trinkets (and procs) can be ranked directly from simulation data. This is important, since stat weights can't rank procs.

What is your character name and realm? I can run a custom setup for you. Or if you want to give it a shot on your own, here's a guide to walk you through it: http://i.imgur.com/wBitmQb.jpg

As a bonus, if you have an export string from the askmrrobot addon, I can see all of your gear and run a few tests on it. You can post it, or DM it to me.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Dondar01 It sounds like you might be using the default weights on Ask Mr. Robot - those are a starting point, just like defaults in guides, and they are not custom to you.
    Tanks don't use stat weights. The guide does not have any and specifically states that there aren't any. Tank stats have a priority and are generally based on feeling, personal preference, healers, and content being done, among other things. The only weights you can accurately sim for tanks are for dps but there is rarely an accurate API for tank dps.