Poll: Who gave up more?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd arguably say the DH's, since they're not bereft of their souls the way that DK's are, and the DK doesn't have a permanent demon in their brains, trolling them and otherwise mentally straining them at all possible times.

And how I saw DK's in the beginning of Legion, they seem very nonchelant about very amoral stuff...so giving up their humanity absolves a lot of the mental beggage they may have had before undeath...i.e. they don't really care all too much. They may be aware of it and not care, while very few of them actually have feelings about it, if they have feelings about anything at all.

DH aren't done sacrificing, it's an on-going process, and they have sanity, soul and body on the line constantly, while DK's are relatively 'free' to do what they please with very little drawback to them personally...and they can probably kill demons without sloberring over them as well because they get hungry.

I have sometimes wondered if demons are considered fast food for demon hunters, and every kill is a snack on the go...just grab a few bites while they're slicing and dicing it anyway, then onto the next. Is their fighting style considered culinary arts?

I'm clearly on too much wannabe-sugar atm and should get some food. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Pretty sure, according to other games and RPG's, death is the ultimate sacrifice.
    They're not really dead anymore, they're undead. Also my DH died in the prologue, sooo...I win? Actually, that'd technically be a draw, since DK's have to die, but they didn't die willingly, so not really a sacrifice, more of an enslavement, while DH's are willing to die if it means getting closer to ending the Legion for good.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-05-25 at 08:19 PM.

Demon Hunters. They sacrificed everything, what have you given?

Death Knights didn't exactly have a choice.

I'd say Mages sacrificed the most. Men of their stature having to wear a dress.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Death knights sacrificed their lives once already in the fight against he scourge. They exist in a constant state of pain and torment to continue fighting to protect Azeroth.
    Said existence was not of their own choosing. It was forced upon them. Ergo, not a sacrifice.

Death knights sacrificed their lives once already in the fight against he scourge. They exist in a constant state of pain and torment to continue fighting to protect Azeroth.

And they're chill as fuck about it. Demon hunters are trying to be angsty as shit.
    Frost DK's, amirite?

Nah, for real, that they're chill about the deeply disturbing shit they often get up to is not a positive trait. Both DH's and DK's are edgelords about it, but I'd be a lot more apprehensive near a DK than a DH, because the DH will only brutalize me if I was a demon, while a DK might do it to feed their weapon and I looked at them funny...and then raise me to be a slavering ghoul because waste not want not, they need their AotD.

Also, DK's were forced into undeath, ergo not a sacrifice. Demon Hunters sacrifice sanity, privacy, parts of their bodies and proper sleep for the rest of their possibly eternal lives, which are entirely dedicated to ending the Legion...so they're forfeiting everything aside from intense vengeance. Willingly.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-05-25 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    And how I saw DK's in the beginning of Legion, they seem very nonchelant about very amoral stuff...so giving up their humanity absolves a lot of the mental beggage they may have had before undeath...i.e. they don't really care all too much. They may be aware of it and not care, while very few of them actually have feelings about it, if they have feelings about anything at all.
    That's because of the way they're reanimated. Their souls get "improperly" re-anchored to their bodies through shadow magic, and, for the lack of a better word, it "dampens" much of their feelings and emotions. I suppose it'd be akin to touching things with a bare hand, to a hand wearing thick leather gloves.

I've also found this in a WoWPedia entry about Death Knights: "All death knights are inflicted with an "addiction" of sorts; referred to as the "eternal hunger" by Highlord Darion Mograine and as the "endless hunger" by the dread Instructor Razuvious. A death knight will feel immeasurable pain and agony if it is not inflicting suffering and/or death on a regular basis. The pain is so great that failure to sate the hunger could result in the death knight becoming lost in a blood-seeking, murderous frenzy."
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-05-25 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's because of the way they're reanimated. Their souls get "improperly" re-anchored to their bodies through shadow magic, and, for the lack of a better word, it "dampens" much of their feelings and emotions. I suppose it'd be akin to touching things with a bare hand, to a hand wearing thick leather gloves.

I've also found this in a WoWPedia entry about Death Knights: "All death knights are inflicted with an "addiction" of sorts; referred to as the "eternal hunger" by Highlord Darion Mograine and as the "endless hunger" by the dread Instructor Razuvious. A death knight will feel immeasurable pain and agony if it is not inflicting suffering and/or death on a regular basis. The pain is so great that failure to sate the hunger could result in the death knight becoming lost in a blood-seeking, murderous frenzy."
    Well, sign me up for the nope-scription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks, we have sacrificed our Death Coil and Metamorphosis so DH and DK can exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Death knights didn't sacrifice anything. They didn't have a say in their fate.
    This pretty much... its one thing to die in a fire... its another thing to die running into the fire to save people.

Said existence was not of their own choosing. It was forced upon them. Ergo, not a sacrifice.
    And Demon Hunters willingly choose their fate. It is a bit cheeky to cry about it every 5 seconds when they volunteered.

is it sacrifice if the DH did what they did to gain power?

10+ Year Old Account
    they continue existing and dealing with it. Some undead (*cough*sylvanas*cough*) are just too dark and brooding and tried to off themselves.

DKs keep on keeping on.

Their sacrifice was that they laid down their lives and paid the ultimate price. What did Demon Hunters give? Their eyes? Oh boo fucking hoo.

Death knights suffer as much as Demon hunters, if not more, sacrificed more than Demon Hunters did, and aren't whiny little bitches about it.

Therefore, DKs take the cake.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-05-25 at 10:24 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs didn't really sacrifice anything, instead, all they had was taken from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

they continue existing and dealing with it. Some undead (*cough*sylvanas*cough*) are just too dark and brooding and tried to off themselves.

DKs keep on keeping on.

Their sacrifice was that they laid down their lives and paid the ultimate price.
    Except that "sacrifice" doesn't really count very much, because they didn't sacrifice themselves to become undead. They were forced into undeath.

What did Demon Hunters give? Their eyes? Oh boo fucking hoo.
    Their eyes. Their bodies. Their sanity. All demon hunters have demons within themselves, which basically dooms them into an eternal battle of wills until either the demon wins and takes over their bodies, or the demon hunter dies.

DKs didn't sacrifice a single thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves,Draenei,Undead and Orcs sacrifced the most.

Orcs and Draenei lost their homelands cas of Burning Legion. Undeads was victims of both Scourge and Scarlet Crusade, Blood Elves was victims of Scourge and Alliance commanders like Othmar Garithos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except that "sacrifice" doesn't really count very much, because they didn't sacrifice themselves to become undead. They were forced into undeath.
    So? They literally sacrificed their lives to fight the scourge, which is what led to them becoming Death Knights. And they fought knowing they could become members of the scourge. Death Knights weren't bumfuck peasants who got caught out by a ghoul rush one day, they were paladins, warriors and soldiers who actively fought against the Lich King's forces and died doing so. That's why the Lich King chose them to become Death Knights: Because of their strength.

Death knights are still the same individuals who laid down their lives to fight against the scourge. They still made that sacrifice. That is an intrinsic part of who every death knight is.

Their eyes. Their bodies. Their sanity. All demon hunters have demons within themselves, which basically dooms them into an eternal battle of wills until either the demon wins and takes over their bodies, or the demon hunter dies.

DKs didn't sacrifice a single thing.
    ...you know, except their lives. Which they gave to fight the Lich King.

You're basically saying "A soldier that cut off his arm in a war to save himself sacrificed more than a soldier who was killed in combat, because the soldier who was killed in combat didn't mean to die!"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-05-26 at 04:11 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vondevon View Post
    I disagree. I don't think Death Knights 'hate' on Demon Hunters, because I don't think DKs could care less about anything. At best, I'd say DKs find Demon Hunters annoying fools for turning to a false power like Fel.

My main is a Draenei DK. I was a life-long champion of the light, who fought the endless armies of the scourge as a bastion against the encroaching darkness, only to die on the battlefield as was my inevitable duty. I was raised against my will, a mindless puppet forced to sow unparalleled destruction and misery against the very realms I lived my life defending. Without pause or sympathy, I slaughtered friends and family for the Lich King.

Now that I am free, I have nothing. Even the light of the Naaru is as cold and dead in my being as my own shriveled heart. The only true power in the universe is Death and I am its champion. I am no longer bound by any allegiance, and the 'Alliance' banners I fight under are only the most politically-expedient means to an end, as I cut through the battlefield for the thrill of the kill (the only feeling this shell of a body is capable of).

Fel is as fleeting as the life which fuels its flame. Even the master, Sargeras, fears that which goes 'bump' in the Void.
    Its like the WoW dev's themselves wrote this fine piece!

DKs were victims of the scourge. They were soldiers killed fighting the scourge, raised as DKs and forced to do the Lich King's will. They will never be accepted by the common folk because they were part of the scourge once. As an extra, their bodies are constantly decaying, something that is not portrayed in game of course.

DHs are also mostly victims of the legion, except they survived. In a lot of cases though, they were not direct victims of the legion, but they had loved ones lost to the legion while not being present themselves.

I'm really not getting the whole, willing and unwilling argument. DKs were direct victims of the scourge, while a lot of DHs weren't direct victims of the legion, if they had been, the majority wouldn't have survived in order to become DHs.

All in all, i think they both sacrificed about the same. Demon Hunters undergo a pretty crude proccess in order to transform. Not all of them gouge their eyes out though, this is mentioned in the Illidan book/novel. They however, have to fight a demon in a very close space practically unarmed, literally eat the demons heart, and from that moment on an internal fight over control of their own bodies. A ritual most apiring DHs don't even survive. There's also the blood elves that were just followers of Illidan, and chose to become dhs just for power, or to be more effective in their fight against the legion. bunch of edgelords if you ask me
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-05-26 at 05:06 AM.

What did DKs sacrifice? They're just noobs that got themselves killed.

Are you trying to tell me that hunter standing in the fire is making a sacrifice?

So? They literally sacrificed their lives to fight the scourge, which is what led to them becoming Death Knights.

...you know, except their lives. Which they gave to fight the Lich King.
    Unless you can prove that those heroes intentionally sacrificed their lives with the sole purpose of becoming Death Knights, saying they sacrificed their lives means nothing.

You're basically saying "A soldier that cut off his arm in a war to save himself sacrificed more than a soldier who was killed in combat, because the soldier who was killed in combat didn't mean to die!"
    Your example doesn't really work, for reasons explained above, but I suppose it takes much, much more willpower to cut off your own arm, than to have someone else kill you. Just FYI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    DKs didn't really sacrifice anything, instead, all they had was taken from them.
    lorewise there a few dk's that chose to become undead willing to become stronger