Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Noomz;45884058]
    Quote Originally Posted by proralph View Post
    I like watching both DC and Marvel movies, and excited much about Wonder Woman. But my friends and colleagues are criticizing it much because of previous DC movies, specially Batman vs Superman. I need strong words to counter them because I'm expecting much from it!
    [IMG]http://screenrant1.imgix.net/wp-co

No. DC movies are garbage.
    And look at this woman. She's bones and sinew. Where's her muscle? Why does she wear armor at all if she's gonna expose her vital points anyway?
    she's not the buffest woman ever but she's not bones and sinew, and he doesn't need any of the armour at all other then the braclets. I could be wrong but I think Wonder Woman is more or less immune to non piecing attacks which is why she reflects bullets instead of taking them like superman.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    I want it to do good, but DC isn't anywhere near as good as Marvel when it comes to super hero movies.
    In my opinion most Marvel movies are overrated. They just have a formula they go for with the lighter tone which is much more critic proof and helps hide flaws.

But I know that's blasphemy on the internet where it's cool to bash DC endlessly.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2017-05-26 at 05:30 PM.

>DC universe
    >dark atmosphere
    >PG-13
    Dixi.

I hope it's good because I want to be entertained.

In a broader sense I hope it's successful to encourage more entertaining movies for me. I don't give any shit about Marvel vs DC or the franchise wars otherwise.

7+ Year Old Account
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    In my opinion most Marvel movies are overrated. They just have a formula they go for with the lighter tone which is much more critic proof and helps hide flaws.

But I know that's blasphemy on the internet where it's cool to bash DC endlessly.
    In my option the only really good marvel movies are caption America 2 and 3 all the others seem like they lack any real depth, and the cap movie seem a little darker then the rest less robot fights or flashy effects.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's going to be horrible, but I think it might do okey in theaters.

Trailer makes it look "meh". Full of cliches, bad music, main actor not able to carry it, super predictable.

Deleted
    Well the new DC cinematic universe does not have a good track record when it comes to making watchable movies so I won't be putting my hopes up too much.
    Granted her creator just wanted to satisfy his bondage fetish. "Hot chick in skimpy outfit punches nazis till she gets chloroformed and tied up" does not sound so hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    M

In my option the only really good marvel movies are caption America 2 and 3 all the others seem like they lack any real depth, and the cap movie seem a little darker then the rest less robot fights or flashy effects.
    Speaking of depth, BvS.
    Was there any?
    At all?

I mean, compare it to animated 2-part Dark Knight returns, on which BvS is actually "vaguely" based upon.
    Where former has actual depth, character building and establishing moments, and is well-within logic of the universe, the latter has sups flying while holding a fething kryptonite spear, because reasons.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2017-05-26 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Dynazty _-_Roar of the underdog

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Speaking of depth, BvS.
    Was there any?
    At all?
    I Rember watching the extended edition, there was some depth in it orginly with Clark trying to get info on batman but they cut that out for the theater release not that there was even that much to begin with in the extended version.

To be honest, WW/Gal was the best part of Batman vs Superman. So I have cautiously high expectations for this one. Even though I don't think DC put out anything worthwhile since the Dark Knight trilogy.

I just don't like Gal Gadot as an actress. Pairing her acting with her body type for Wonder Woman is garbage casting. Not seeing it. Wouldn't even waste the data pirating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I doubt it. The actress is ugly. I also heard that she has a weird accent and acts badly.

The movie itself seems an exploitation of a lesser XX century tragedy, which is tasteless in my opinion.
    Not sure what actress you are looking at but Gal is not an ugly woman by far.

I am really getting tired of superhero movies. Two guys who are impervious to damage beating each other buses gets old really fast. Someone did a study and found they (each studio) have enough characters to make movies for the 14,000 years.

For me superhero movies are, at best, a rental.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=piethepiegod;45884288]
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

she's not the buffest woman ever but she's not bones and sinew, and he doesn't need any of the armour at all other then the braclets. I could be wrong but I think Wonder Woman is more or less immune to non piecing attacks which is why she reflects bullets instead of taking them like superman.
    She looks malnourished. Okay, I'll say she looks like muscle and bone because all the fat seems to be gone.
    I guess women have a hard time building bulk. But she's really more the marathon runner kind of fit, and not boxer or fighter fit.
    So why does she wear armor at all then? Seems really pointless. Just wear something practical instead of titplate.

I did a quick google. I dont know who this lady is but she looks amazing. This is the strong look I think would fit Wonder Woman much better. More amazonian, less photo model.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by proralph View Post
    I like watching both DC and Marvel movies, and excited much about Wonder Woman. But my friends and colleagues are criticizing it much because of previous DC movies, specially Batman vs Superman. I need strong words to counter them because I'm expecting much from it!
    There isn't much basis to criticize it yet since it isn't out. I think it has some possibilities and just might see it.

The most recent DC movies really haven't been very good, but that doesn't mean that they won't make something good at some point. Wonder Woman may very well be good. My own hesitation doesn't have anything to do with DC properties, but more to do with Warner Brothers generally (it appears that they, along with Zack Snyder, destroyed what could have been a good movie with Suicide Squad) and Zack Snyder in particular (nice guy, but should not be allowed to write or produce anything). Since the story is by Zack Snyder, I will be cautious.

If it were up to me 99% of the comic book movies would be massive flops, but apparently someone is out there spending money on them. Perhaps it's the same croud that seems to love the bachelor and survivor, which are another thing that I cannot understand people enjoying.

Quote Originally Posted by GrieverXIII View Post
    Can i be ahead of the curve and blame misogynie for its inevitable flop?
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/entert...an-women-only/

The controversy began when the famous Alamo Drafthouse cinema in Austin, Texas, announced it would be hosting a screening of the new movie, which stars Gal Gadot as the superhero.
    "Apologies, gentlemen, but we're embracing our girl power and saying 'No Guys Allowed' for one special night at the Alamo Ritz," the announcement read. "And when we say 'People Who Identify As Women Only,' we mean it. Everyone working at this screening -- venue staff, projectionist, and culinary team -- will be female."
    I wonder if a bunch of dudes will mass troll it, all you gotta do to get a ticket is to tell them they "Identify as woman", that would be fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Noomz;45885346]
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    She looks malnourished. Okay, I'll say she looks like muscle and bone because all the fat seems to be gone.
    I guess women have a hard time building bulk. But she's really more the marathon runner kind of fit, and not boxer or fighter fit.
    So why does she wear armor at all then? Seems really pointless. Just wear something practical instead of titplate.

I did a quick google. I dont know who this lady is but she looks amazing. This is the strong look I think would fit Wonder Woman much better. More amazonian, less photo model.
    I don't have a problem with her not being super super buff in most of the animated movies/shows she doesn't look that buff but in sone of the comics she is big and buff so I could see how some would want an actor to reflect that. As far as her armour goes she's wears it for different reasons in different things, in justice league cartoon she wore it as a ceronial armour set for going out Into the rest of the world I think and in a least one of her origins it's the outfit some girl she got killed wore so she wears it to honer her while going into exile. Not sure hat the reason will be in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    If it were up to me 99% of the comic book movies would be massive flops, but apparently someone is out there spending money on them. Perhaps it's the same croud that seems to love the bachelor and survivor, which are another thing that I cannot understand people enjoying.
    That is such an odd comparison.......

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    Noooope! She can't act. Also, did a quick IMDB search, the story is written by Zack Snyder and the screen play is by some dude I've never heard of whose only writing credits over the last decade are a scattering of episodes from a bunch of crappy tv shows, same for the director. So let me elaborate a little more.

Noooooooope!
    The director (female) got charlize theron an academy award, charlize freaking theron of all people. i expect it to be the best DC film since the dark knight, nothing super amazing but def worth the cost of a movie ticket.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/entert...an-women-only/

I wonder if a bunch of dudes will mass troll it, all you gotta do to get a ticket is to tell them they "Identify as woman", that would be fun.
    I usually don't care for super heroes comics or movies, but i was thinking on the possibilty of seeing this movie with my gf as soon as its released here. WW is her childhood hero.

But after reading this ridiculous thing you linked, i wont spend a penny on this shit !