Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care about it. If you smoke, fine. If you don't, fine. All I ask is that you do not smoke in a closed place because I have asthma. I also don't tolerate people who smoke and drive.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What's your opinion on people who smoke Marijuana?
    Do you avoid them, despise them, indifferent to you?

If you smoke, share your stories, if you have any.

If you don't smoke, tell us what you think.
    I don't care or judge about what other people do because it's none of my business.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Disgusting habit. Think people who indulge in recreational drugs to get high want a level of escapism which is ultimately cowardly. Regardless of intelligence or functionality- at a base level the desire to get "high" is a kind of comfort to their cowardice and fears.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-05-27 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You compare apples with oranges as water is actually essential for our life, while marijuana isnt.
    Nah, you can use other sources for hydration.

Alcohol, meat, rice, anything that can be consumed by human beings, if consumed more than a certain amount will damage the body.
    That's not a legitimate ground to declare something illegal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I came across this idea related to Islamic art. Classic Islamic art, from the little I know of it, seems to tends more toward geometry and pattern and is void of any representation of living creatures. Are you saying that the portrayal of living creatures is concidered idolatry and therefore haram, or are you saying I have little idea of what a I'm talking about?
    No, you're right, but you don't ahve the full picture. The display of any being capable of feelings (plants are mostly ok) was proscribed centuries ago. The reason is that any icon, when in a religious setting, is an idol. But outside of mosques, artists have been more free to use animals. But there's also grades, as some icons are more important to the faith: you can find animals in palaces or other private buildings, but rarely humans, never Muhammad, peace on him, or Allah (God).
    And there's also different faiths. Some fundamentalists would tell you that all television is haram (the Taliban, for instance banned photography).
    It essentially comes down to how much weight we put into the Hadith, and different creeds (like Shia, or liberal movements) are less strict about it.

Outside of jurisprudence, and this is just opinion, I'll note that the absence of figurative art is spiritually important. It rids you of anchors to the world, the transient passions, and lets you be just yourself before God.
    But I'm not particularly strict. There's a place and a time for everything, and so long as I'm not doing something horrible, I can enjoy very mundane activities. The avatar, I actually put a bit of thought into it: at first it seemed arrogant of me. But quite frankly, I can live with that, though I made it relatively small to compensate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Nah, you can use other sources for hydration.
    .. while every of them contains water. Nice try tho.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    That's not a legitimate ground to declare something illegal.
    The difference is that you talk about food, while i talk about a drug. And thats because you compare apples with oranges. If you ever should learn the difference, come back to me.

Ask all those people being in hospitals with delirium.
    Drug-induced psychosis is largely temporary in nature, regardless of the drug.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

I smoke sometimes when a friend rolls a joint but i don't pay for it

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Disgusting habit. Think people who indulge in recreational drugs to get high want a level of escapism which is ultimately cowardly. Regardless of intelligence or functionality- at a base level the desire to get "high" is a kind of comfort to their cowardice and fears.
    But should it be illegal from your point of view?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Drug-induced psychosis is largely temporary in nature, regardless of the drug.
    A psychosis never is without long term consequences.

Deleted
    Don't we all have fear and depression of any kind? Maybe it gives them freedom from all society crap.

Same could be said for any number of activities, shit gaming goes under that category or drinking. I don't see why you have such disdain for it.

Where do you people get this idea that smoking a joint impairs your driving like alcohol?

.. while every of them contains water. Nice try tho.

The difference is that you talk about food, while i talk about a drug. And thats because you compare apples with oranges. If you ever should learn the difference, come back to me.
    Nice straw man.

Should I have said bottled water in my first comment for you to understand? Good thing you don't get high ...
    People usually eat to feel good, if you fail to acknowledge that, I don't think you are physically capable of participating in a rational argument . By your "logic" we should only provide food and water to people who are starving ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    But should it be illegal from your point of view?
    Decriminalized for possession.

Playing video games for hours upon hours in fake virtual worlds isn't "cowardly" escapism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly unawareness of your environment short after the consumption. If consumeing too much, psychosis and hallucinations.
    I used to smoke a LOT of weed. Pretty much all the way through high school and a few years after. Haven't smoked more than a handful of times since about '08. I've had some low quality stuff, and I've had some of the best stuff available in Vegas at the time, and I've never had hallucinations from smoking.
    Prescriptions on the other hand, I cut my hand at work (70+ stitches), got prescribed Hydrocodone, got high as hell, hallucinated and realized how so many people get addicted to that shit, so i didn't refill the scrip. And i only paid like 4$ for the prescription with insurance.
    New Legion item stats?
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    an agility chest axe on a fury shaman... FFS, I guess I should have read the patch notes in more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    Where do you people get this idea that smoking a joint impairs your driving like alcohol?
    Because it does, only differently.

A psychosis never is without long term consequences.
    It is when drug induced... Look at all the people getting bad trips on psychedelics, they're typically fine the next morning. Or people taking deliriants.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I disagree. I think marijuana use is much less common among Generation X as they were exposed to anti-drug propaganda by the government. Millennials seem much more likely to smoke pot
    I was kidding.

On a slightly more serious note, I think your assessment might be off by a generation. Maybe you mean Baby Boomers? Gen X pioneered stoner culture and a lot other anti-social tendencies.

Millennials are the Crack Baby generation. The generation born into Reagan's "War on Drugs" that grew up being bombarded with anti-drug ads, after school specials, propaganda, etc. The older half of Gen X was popping out Millennials by the time the War on Drugs became a thing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive