Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    So when you have sufficient numbers you just can't release them back into the wild and hope for better results. It doesn't work that way. Once domesticated always domesticated. Responding to both replies with this post btw.
    There have been multiple successful raised in captivity and introduced into the wild programs https://www.aza.org/reintroduction-programs

Reintroduction programs, by which animals raised or rehabilitated in AZA-accredited zoos or aquariums are released into their natural habitats, are powerful tools used for stabilizing, re-establishing, or increasing in situ animal populations that have suffered significant declines. Reintroductions may include animals that have spent some of their early life-stages being cared for in a “head-start” program that gives them a greater chance of survival than those born in the wild, those brought in for rehabilitation from illness or injury, those moved from one area for release elsewhere, or those that are offspring of animals that have had several generations cared for by AZA-accredited institutions.

AZA, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature's (IUCN)/Species Survival Commission (SSC) play key roles in advancing the science of reintroduction programs in which AZA Animal Programs or its accredited institutions participate. Numerous reference materials and tools have been developed to advance the science and success of reintroductions.

Examples of AZA Reintroduction Programs
    Black-footed Ferrets: The last 18 black-footed ferrets were placed in the care of AZA-accredited institutions. Due to the efforts of the AZA Black-footed Ferret SSP Program and other conservation partners, these animals have successfully reproduced and over 4,500 animals have been reintroduced into in situ populations. Learn more about this species’ road to recovery.

California Condors: In 1982, only 22 California condors existed in the wild, however conservation breeding and management of these animals in AZA-accredited institutions increased this population to almost 200 birds within 20 years, and by 2014, their population totaled 425 animals, including 219 living in the wild. To learn more about the condor's ex situ rearing efforts visit the San Diego Zoo website. Visit the USFWS Endangered Species Program to view a video of this success story..........
    - - - Updated - - -

RED WOLF CONSERVATION http://www.pdza.org/red-wolf-conservation
    In the 1970s, only 14 pure Red Wolves roamed the planet. By 1980, those wolves had been removed from the wild to establish a breeding program to restore the population.

Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium joined forces with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums in 1984 to establish a long-term propagation program for the Red Wolf and to include it in a Species Survival Plan (SSP), along with hundreds of other animals.

Today more than 40 approved facilities work together as part of the Red Wolf SSP to ensure Red Wolf survival. Since the creation of the breeding program, the population of Red Wolves has increased dramatically, with their numbers now at nearly 200 in the SSP and about 50 wolves in the wild.

Extensive statistical analysis of the population and careful attention to the details of managing a very small gene pool has helped to maintain genetic diversity for the wolves. Genome resource banking and assisted reproduction techniques are also being studied and used as tools to help better manage the Red Wolf population.

One of the most significant aspects of the Red Wolf Species Survival Plan has been the successful management of a reintroduced wolf population to the wild. The goal from the start of the breeding program has been to put the Red Wolf back into its natural habitat. Great care had to be taken to maintain the wolves' natural instincts and minimize human contact. All the efforts of those involved in the breeding and reintroduction programs proved successful as the first Red Wolves were released to a native habitat at the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge, NC in 1987. Each reintroduced wolf wore a radio collar so that it could be tracked and studied.

A year after the first wolves were reintroduced to the refuge, the first wild wolf pups were born.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-05-29 at 07:31 AM.

Deleted
    On that day, we prevented War of the Planet of the Apes.... or started it. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    So edgy. Don't cut yourself on that one
    Sorry, what?

Deleted
    Indeed. Harambe will always be in our hearts.

I´m glad harambe died. he fucked a frog.
    That was very Haram-be.

That meme is stupid and people who propagate it are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I still have a point even after. They didn't change shit about adapt or die with nature.
    Very little can adapt at the speed in which we're outright ruining our current ecosystem. That's not natural. It's us. Artificial and unnatural. Nature does change and species do adapt or die out as part of evolution but we're changing the game far faster than Mother Nature does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Never Forget.

Never Forgive.

Get over it.
    Its pathetic at this point
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Let the fucking memes die in peace please.
    How dare you sir! Have you no place in your frigid heart for the warmth that was Harambe to our world?

Who is this Harambe guy?

And why shouldn't I forget 0.178571429?
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2017-05-29 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    your right they don't the gorilla holds more as their are 7 billion of us humans. We are both intelligent primates, I would have taken the bullet for Harambe anyday, and yes i am completely serious.
    You've talked yourself into a corner by this point with edgy posts. You say we're overpopulated, and that rare gorillas are worth more than humans, and that you'd be willing to die to give them more of a chance.

Well....are you going to then, or just admit to us all you're talking nonsense?

Edit. I have to add, it's the worst attempt at talking shit I've seen so far on this forum. No one else so far has managed to talk so much shit, that the only proof of them not talking shit, is their own death. It's pretty epic level of failure
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-05-29 at 04:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Still more useful than a gorilla.
    So by your logic, a mass murderer, sitting in solitary confinement somewhere, eating up tens, hundreds of thousands of tax dollars, waiting to either die from old age or from an execution, not doing anything useful whatsoever except drawing pictures on the walls with his or her own feces, is "more useful" than a gorilla, which if wild will help continue the existence of the species on our planet, or if a show piece like Harambe, will at the very least bring some joy to some children (assuming they're not dumb as boots and jump in there with him)? You make absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, I don't give two shits about this gorilla, and it'd been better had we never heard of the incident. All this BS about Harambe is dumb people who like memes (all people who like memes are dumb), perpetuating those dumb memes. But what you're saying...that's just completely illogical.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-05-29 at 04:44 PM.

Harambe was avenged by the alligator in the Disney swamp. Stop acting like nature didn't get the justice Harambe deserved.

Kid had to die because of another kid's actions? Happens in public hunts all the time when dangerous bears/wolves/cougars etc. attack hikers.

A lot of species have gone extinct, I don't see why gorillas should be given any special attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Still more useful than a gorilla.
    You do realize the money zoos pull in right? And in the wild they help maintain their ecosystem. From an economics and environmental standpoint the average gorilla is worth more and more useful than the average human.

If only tranquilizers were cheaper than bullets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    your right they don't the gorilla holds more as their are 7 billion of us humans. We are both intelligent primates, I would have taken the bullet for Harambe anyday, and yes i am completely serious.
    Well it's too bad you weren't there to stupidly martyr yourself for an animal who couldn't give two shits about it.

You obviously don't care much about your life.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You've talked yourself into a corner by this point with edgy posts. You say we're overpopulated, and that rare gorillas are worth more than humans, and that you'd be willing to die to give them more of a chance.

Well....are you going to then, or just admit to us all you're talking nonsense?

Edit. I have to add, it's the worst attempt at talking shit I've seen so far on this forum. No one else so far has managed to talk so much shit, that the only proof of them not talking shit, is their own death. It's pretty epic level of failure
    If I was ever put in a position where someone at a zoo was about to shoot the gorilla that was potentially a danger to a kid I would puch that person in the face, take the the gun and empty the clip, would I be arrested, probably, would my family also get rich off interviews from the story? Definitly

Sounds like a win win to me
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-05-29 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Would've been better if the child died. Humans arent endangered, gorillas are. Not that hard to make a new child.
    I hope you never have a child for fear of what might happen to it with your logic.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Well it's too bad you weren't there to stupidly martyr yourself for an animal who couldn't give two shits about it.

You obviously don't care much about your life.
    They do give a shit about their life lmao, current studies show they have the cognative ability of small children, look up Koko and other great apes we have taught lauguage, they are sentient.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Agnar View Post
    I hope you never have a child for fear of what might happen to it with your logic.
    Or he could be a good parent and never let his kid fall into a gorilla enclosure at all, child leashes are a thing.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-05-29 at 09:45 PM.