Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Time to nerf leveling Followers?

EDIT: SEE THIS LINK!! http://imgur.com/a/NzcEt 760 missions counts? RNG in it spawning but a good start.

So the new quest for class mount we got today apparently requires you to level followers on all characters you want class mount with.

This means if you haven't lvl'd followers yet...GL massive grind for the mount.

Can blizzard please look into this? Seems insane having to level 5ish followers to 855-900 Ilvl, 3 items etc on so many alts you don't really play.

I also posted this on EU forum, but Im curious what mmo-c has to say.

Thinking about being a slave to the mobile app, doing shitty awful gameplay, just to get the mounts....Blah When I was doing order hall campaign on the first once I did for now, I never even bothered with missions....And I was hoping it stayed that way.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2017-06-02 at 07:54 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might as well start handing legendaries out while we're at it.

BoA follower equipment would be nice at the very least.

This isn't... there's literally no grind here. If you don't already have fully leveled followers by now there's not much else to say. It's like the people who howled about not having done the daily assault achievement in Warlords when it "suddenly" became part of pathfinder. I'm seriously unsure how anyone who was even recreationally serious about the game didn't get that done in the first month.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    This isn't... there's literally no grind here. If you don't already have fully leveled followers by now there's not much else to say. It's like the people who howled about not having done the daily assault achievement in Warlords when it "suddenly" became part of pathfinder. I'm seriously unsure how anyone who was even recreationally serious about the game didn't get that done in the first month.
    Yeah but what if you have a maxed character of every single class? You think all 12 of those have 900 followers? Cuz fuck that fam. The point is that they've already gated these cool class mounts behind some shitty quests like farming the Sentinax... now you have to wait months for your followers on any new characters to get maxed out. That's just stupid. If you want to reroll you're so fucking punished for it already and now they're punishing you even on the cosmetic side of things. 7.2 and 7.2.5 are basically THE time to reroll what with the AK cap being hit and account wide and the heirlooms being upgraded... but then they do stuff like add new legendary items into the game to dilute the pool of good ones newer players can get.

My only problem with the quest was we got a chest and 15K resources as the reward, honesty should of been a chest with a Legendary follower item in it.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    It's clearly a post about alts not mains, if you hit 110 tomorrow its still quite a grind to get all your 6 or 7 followers to max equipment, then you got the shitty classes who can't even put in work orders for follower gear but only got a change for followers to come back with gear from doing actual missions which takes even longer then spamming work orders.

Sure you get missions popping up that reward follower gear too for ilvl but still it takes a while to get em all decked out and there is nothing you can do to speed up the process, which imo has become redundant so late in the expansion.

like suggested BoA follower gear would be a nice move, at least that way you can funnel it to the toon that needs it without waiting on work orders, or for followers to bring it back from a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yeah but what if you have a maxed character of every single class? You think all 12 of those have 900 followers? Cuz fuck that fam. The point is that they've already gated these cool class mounts behind some shitty quests like farming the Sentinax... now you have to wait months for your followers on any new characters to get maxed out. That's just stupid. If you want to reroll you're so fucking punished for it already and now they're punishing you even on the cosmetic side of things. 7.2 and 7.2.5 are basically THE time to reroll what with the AK cap being hit and account wide and the heirlooms being upgraded... but then they do stuff like add new legendary items into the game to dilute the pool of good ones newer players can get.
    You want "cool class mounts" without putting in the effort to attain them? Just for being max level? Fuck that fam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I beg your pardon?

I'm unsubbed so pardon my ignorance, but do we now have to level ALL our followers for the class mounts? Even the inactive ones? If true that is fucked up but not beyond belief.

I figured they'd realise that people HATE this kind of 'content' by now but I guess not.

Edit: Nevermind. Checked wowhead, turns out you only need to have level 110 followers. Still another abysmal addition to one of the worst questlines of our age.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-05-31 at 06:16 PM.

You only need to level your followers to 110, gear level on them is irrelevant. People are just overreacting or misinformed as normal.

Deleted
    Oh look another "overeacting thread" on mmo c with the 110% extra of retardness.
    What a surprize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So the new quest for class mount we got today apparently requires you to level followers on all characters you want class mount with.
    No, it's account-wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, it's account-wide.
    It's not, stop spreading misinformation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    It's not, stop spreading misinformation.
    It is, stop lying.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=142224/g...e-holy-keepers

Waaaaah, I have to work for something. If you want mounts, work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    Might as well start handing legendaries out while we're at it.
    Haha, yeah, it would be really stupid if they randomly started giving legendaries out to people who don't deserve them.

...Oh, wait..

So all of your toons of that class and in some cases spec can use them. Not all of your toons. You can't ride the monk tiger as any other class. Hence the class mount part of it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I don't see the point in nerfing follower leveling. I open up the Legion app on my phone while I'm eating lunch at work, hit up some order hall missions, and I've got a full roster of 110 followers on that character in no time. Bonus, it saves me time when I'm at home and in the game so I don't have to detour to the order hall for turnins and new missions.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No it's not. That's the priest mount. You don't get the priest mount if you're a paladin. Stop being dumb and spreading misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    You want "cool class mounts" without putting in the effort to attain them? Just for being max level? Fuck that fam.
    You literally can't put effort into gearing followers. It's entirely time gated, and for some classes there's multiple layers of RNG on top of that. That is bullshit and should not be a thing.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU