Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    Create fake Cutting Edge (Gul'dan, Helya) and other achievements using http://www.wow-fake.com/achievement/ and proceed telling the RL that the character you are playing with is one of your many alts, and that you are super experienced and good DPS. That's what I do when I try getting in +2700 exp uber RBG teams. RL usually wont bother checking your armory or inspecting you and you will get in pretty easy.
    You're full ща shit. a 2700 RBG team will crawl up your ass to examine your character before inviting you in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    How does finding a guild or making your own groups take 16 hours a day?
    Even in a guild there are dorks who play 16 hours a day and have their own M+groups that they run exclusively together (cause they are so far ahead). So you're shit out of luck.

If im 900+ ilvl. I want those i play with to also be 900+ ilvl. Doesnt matter what i do. Hell, i even sigh to myself when i get into an invasion scenario and see that the other 2 guys in my party is around 850.

You can never expect that higher geared players want to play with lower geared players. But you can expect that lower geared players want to play with higher geared players. Just that the higher geared players are in a position where they can choose if they want the lower geared players in their groups.

I mean, i wouldnt go back to third grade and reprogress in Math+2. When I can make the choice to go progress in History+14 and not waste time. Also, if i see that i for some reason have something to gain on going Math+2 anyway, I want to get the result of the end test that same day. Not wait 1 semester until i even get to the test

Quote Originally Posted by Addyizor View Post
    ok yeah glad to see your sense of logic is literally zero.
    dont think so since devs seem to have similiar point of view by remaking reward system and in general killing off farm of low level keys by removing incentives in form of 3 chests.

they are clearly not happy with players "3 chests or gtfo" philosophy as it has clear negative impact on game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gargkill View Post

You can never expect that higher geared players want to play with lower geared players. B
    yes but you can force good behaviour by puting incentives good enough if its good for game overall - its better to loose 5 % of toxic douchebags and keep 25 % of happy casuals.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-05-29 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    This is by far the best and most accurate response.
    Because guilds totally invite 800 ilvl noobs they don't even know who are on raids and m+.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont think so since devs seem to have similiar point of view by remaking reward system and in general killing off farm of low level keys by removing incentives in form of 3 chests.

they are clearly not happy with players "3 chests or gtfo" philosophy as it has clear negative impact on game

- - - Updated - - -

yes but you can force good behaviour by puting incentives good enough if its good for game overall - its better to loose 5 % of toxic douchebags and keep 25 % of happy casuals.
    What could those incentives possibly be in a mmo? "For every ilvl your partymembers are below you in total when completing the challenge, you get 10 gold"? I just cant figure out any possible solution other than making content that "requires" lower ilvl so damn gimb and irrelevant for higher ilvl players that they would not even consider making a group for it, making it so ONLY those of that low ilvl being in those groups and thereby having no issues with inviting others with low ilvl aswell. This tho would create an issue where there hardly will be any groups at all up for specific ilvl things. both high and low ilvl content would see a severe decrease in activity

Deleted

Hm, I guess you're gonna be coming back here after this goes live quite fast and cry about no groups being available any more period. Yes, they have removed the 3-chest incentive, but: They also introduced that keys don't deplete any more. No more need to boost because you can actually play your group's own keys indefinitely.

Also: The 3-chest thing might have been gone, but there still is and always will be a benefit of completing the dungeon is as little time as possible, because then you can just run the next to get more loot. Overall, people overgearing a dungeon will ALWAYS try to rush it as fast as possible.

- - - Updated - - -
    Question is: what is "good behaviour"? Grouping up the poor poor casual that only has 850 ilvl with a group of 920s is definitely not. "Good Behaviour" would actually be to force players to play with others in their own ilvl range.

10+ Year Old Account
    The community is disgusting and has insane demands. Sadly making your own group is the best choice harder for M+ though as it require a key :/

So this is still going on?

Honestly, just find a group and farm Nethershards, you can get 10k/hour, so that would be about 8-9 hours of gameplay to get a full set of 880+ items, where a bunch of them will most likely WF/TF. Though you can't be picky about the stats here..
    There is also crafted gear that gets to 875 I believe now? You just need to get some gold and BoS.

When you're 880 (or before), start looking for pugs for m+ (2-6, but just apply for everything), hope you get good keys and look for boosting groups, there are a ton of them, and with some luck and dedication you can even get a +10 done (depending on keys).
    Also remember to do LFR, ALL of them. This will boost your legendary drop chance by a ton, and you can literally AFK through it all. Or practice your DPS rotations for when you will start to pug raids, to be sure you don't get kicked because you do 300k dps as 890 ilvl.

In a week you should be 890-900 (depending on WF/TF luck here). It really isn't hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I think people's thoughts are that anyone who plays semi regularly and is moderately competent is at least 900. People under 900 consist of 3 groups.
    1.) people like you who took a break, and are maybe quite good but just need gear.
    2.) People who barely play the game and have no idea what they are doing.
    3.) Alts, may or may not know what they're doing.

Out of those 3 categories there's a strong chance of subpar performance and/or not knowing fights very well. If you take a decently geared person there is certainly a chance they don't have a clue and perform poorly, but it's a lot less likely. There's probably some elitism going on, but mostly people just take the most geared players they can get in a reasonable amount of time because they want the group to be successful. If you're far enough below the average level that a group can find in 10min, you'll struggle to get into anything. That sucks to be in your position but its not like the people not inviting you are being unreasonable. They're just functioning in the system blizzard created.

Quote Originally Posted by badmdog View Post
    I know the feeling of getting declined all the time, so i took the leadership role this time.

I leveled up my druid ( first 110 on alliance, so no friends/guildies to ask for help ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is what i did:

Dinged 110 with an ilvl of 800,
    Running all mythic dugeons on normal mode. I only invited high ilved leather people to help me out.
    they were nagging a bit but we cleared easy mode. After a morning doing all of those mythic dugeons
    i ended up with aprox 870ilvl.

The same day i made several raid groups:

Emerald Nightmare normal -> Named -> EM Norm leg / AP rush! 890+
    Also i invited mostly leather users and asked them nicely in wisper that i am new to the alliance side and would like to gear this toon asap. IF they got loot and dont need it that i could use it.

This what i did the same day with emerald nightmare heroic and nighthold normal.

So in one day i ended up with 898 ilvl including a legendary xD.

You just need to put on the bad pants and just lead the shit. Be harsh, kick people are going to cry about your ilvl. Easiest way.
    So your advice is to get carried and beg for loot that others have earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    So your advice is to get carried and beg for loot that others have earned.
    ye thats pretty much only adivce this forums can offer

kind of sign of how toxic wow playerbase is in reality

"we are douches so be a douche like us or gtfo"

plus "its so eeez git gud"

Why does anyone here feel they have a right to tell others how to make their groups? What business is it of ours what requirements others want to set? The Group Finder is a neutral tool, there to be used however we choose. We all have equal access to it. We are all free to use it and set whatever requirements we choose, invite whoever we choose, and apply (or ignore) whichever groups we choose.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Why does anyone here feel they have a right to tell others how to make their groups? What business is it of ours what requirements others want to set? The Group Finder is a neutral tool, there to be used however we choose. We all have equal access to it. We are all free to use it and set whatever requirements we choose, invite whoever we choose, and apply (or ignore) whichever groups we choose.
    I bet this guy sets a 920 ilvl requirement for +2's

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    I bet this guy sets a 920 ilvl requirement for +2's
    Why would you think that? Because I believe in personal freedom and the rights of everyone to make their own choices?

Personally, I...
    • Help guild mates out with any keys they have. I mostly tank, but DPS if they want to tank.
    • Rarely run anything below an 8 (to push 1st key of week), unless I'm asked to as a favor.
    • Set the queue at 850 auto-accept on those rare occasions when I run a quick regular M
      (I've also been known to start clearing the instance on my own while waiting for them to show up).
    But here's the thing: When I start a group, I get to set the requirements however I see fit. You can apply if you like or ignore me if you like. It's a free market system. Starting a group is like starting your own business; others can patronize you or not, apply to work for you or not, start their own competing businesses or not.

What's that? You say you don't like free markets and prefer more of a socialized system? Nothing wrong with that, imho. In practice in the real world, most economies have some socialized aspects, some sort of safety net to maintain basic standards for the have-nots. And there are aspects like that in WoW:
    • World content that allows you to enjoy some aspects of the game if you choose to avoid instanced content altogether.
    • LFR & LFD for those who can't do anything more challenging, or choose to avoid challenging content.
    • Thousands of guilds you can join for help with more challenging content.
    • Friends & Real ID Friends so you can build a contact list of people to team up with outside of guilds.

What I am seeing in this thread are people who say they choose not to use any of the safety net systems already in place; instead they want complete strangers to take responsibility for helping them while allowing them to remain anonymous and solitary. More than that, they seem to feel that others should be required to plan their activities around helping them rather than doing whatever suits their own fancy.

Get a grip and take some personal responsibility for your own situation.
    Show some initiative.
    Less whining; more doing.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-06-01 at 11:15 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I went through it op. When my guild decided to quit mid- EN Mythic, i decided to just break, I came back after 7.2 was out a few weeks and was 882 ilvl when i returned, not realizing how high the ilvl was that was being requested, i posted on a forum and got in a casual guild, mainly because i don't want to commit to mythic raiding anymore, anyhow, once i got in the guild, they run heroic NH weekly, do some M+ and all that, im now close to 910, it took a good couple weeks building everything back up, but at this point, your best bet is to find a casual guild to get in, people are requiring 900 in just about every key, and like many have stated, many are looking for a carry. I got into some +7 last week and i saw the group leader with 1.4 mil health, i instantly left, what is that like 830-840 ilvl? No thanks lol. Anyhow, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    I went through it op. When my guild decided to quit mid- EN Mythic, i decided to just break, I came back after 7.2 was out a few weeks and was 882 ilvl when i returned, not realizing how high the ilvl was that was being requested, i posted on a forum and got in a casual guild, mainly because i don't want to commit to mythic raiding anymore, anyhow, once i got in the guild, they run heroic NH weekly, do some M+ and all that, im now close to 910, it took a good couple weeks building everything back up, but at this point, your best bet is to find a casual guild to get in, people are requiring 900 in just about every key, and like many have stated, many are looking for a carry. I got into some +7 last week and i saw the group leader with 1.4 mil health, i instantly left, what is that like 830-840 ilvl? No thanks lol. Anyhow, good luck!
    1.4M health in a +7? Yikes.

I like your post because you came back, wanted some gear, and did some work to get it. You didn't join a bunch of stacked M+ so they could funnel gear to you.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Why would you think that? Because I believe in personal freedom and the rights of everyone to make their own choices?

Personally, I...
    • Help guild mates out with any keys they have. I mostly tank, but DPS if they want to tank.
    • Rarely run anything below an 8 (to push 1st key of week), unless I'm asked to as a favor.
    • Set the queue at 850 auto-accept on those rare occasions when I run a quick regular M
      (I've also been known to start clearing the instance on my own while waiting for them to show up).
    But here's the thing: When I start a group, I get to set the requirements however I see fit. You can apply if you like or ignore me if you like. It's a free market system. Starting a group is like starting your own business; others can patronize you or not, apply to work for you or not, start their own competing businesses or not.

What's that? You say you don't like free markets and prefer more of a socialized system? Nothing wrong with that, imho. In practice in the real world, most economies have some socialized aspects, some sort of safety net to maintain basic standards for the have-nots. And there are aspects like that in WoW:
    • World content that allows you to enjoy some aspects of the game if you choose to avoid instanced content altogether.
    • LFR & LFD for those who can't do anything more challenging, or choose to avoid challenging content.
    • Thousands of guilds you can join for help with more challenging content.
    • Friends & Real ID Friends so you can build a contact list of people to team up with outside of guilds.

What I am seeing in this thread are people who say they choose not to use any of the safety net systems already in place; instead they want complete strangers to take responsibility for helping them while allowing them to remain anonymous and solitary. More than that, they seem to feel that others should be required to plan their activities around helping them rather than doing whatever suits their own fancy.

Get a grip and take some personal responsibility for your own situation.
    Show some initiative.
    Less whining; more doing.
    ^
    couldn't have said it better.

So far

1) People don't want to ask for help coz it means "begging for getting carried"
    2) People don't want to form their groups
    3) People don't want to join a guild

No, neither one of you complaining is so much special that people will come and ask you if you would please let them boost your key and get you gear. Nor will there be a special vendor placed in a game for you to buy 920 ilvl equip. You actually have to play the game a bit.

This is literally how I created a fresh toon and had it 3/10M in the same week I hit 110 with 1 trait after the new golden trait

Once you hit 110:

-buy your toon an AK tome
    -buy a 900+ belt and cape
    -buy a crafted leggo
    -farm chests and bosses on broken shore will likely give you a few dauntless pieces
    -do invasions and spend shards on relenquished for 880 in your weakest slots
    -do all world quests
    -kill the world boss for 860 loot
    -kill the broken shore world boss for 900 loot, bonus roll it
    -do the artifact quests to unlock new traits
    -do NH LFR and hope for some tier: you should be about 870 now
    -do some mythic dungeons and get a key
    -get your key carried a few times up to +10
    -do NH Norm (best to form your own group with 900s for an AP farm, load it with toons of the same class)
    -hopefully a leggo has dropped by now: you should be about 880 - 890
    -do H NH (you might need a carry, pay for one or ask friends to carry you or form your own group)

After all this you should be around 900 so now you are ready for first 3 mythic bosses
    -join a mythic pug and get your achieves and hopefully some loot
    -farm dungeons, raids and quests for AP and leggos

gg

Quote Originally Posted by Absoul View Post
    This is literally how I created a fresh toon and had it 3/10M in the same week I hit 110 with 1 trait after the new golden trait

Once you hit 110:

-buy your toon an AK tome
    -buy a 900+ belt and cape
    -buy a crafted leggo

-farm chests and bosses on broken shore will likely give you a few dauntless pieces
    -do invasions and spend shards on relenquished for 880 in your weakest slots
    -do all world quests
    -kill the world boss for 860 loot
    -kill the broken shore world boss for 900 loot, bonus roll it
    -do the artifact quests to unlock new traits
    -do NH LFR and hope for some tier: you should be about 870 now
    -do some mythic dungeons and get a key
    -get your key carried a few times up to +10
    -do NH Norm (best to form your own group with 900s for an AP farm, load it with toons of the same class)
    -hopefully a leggo has dropped by now: you should be about 880 - 890
    -do H NH (you might need a carry, pay for one or ask friends to carry you or form your own group)

After all this you should be around 900 so now you are ready for first 3 mythic bosses
    -join a mythic pug and get your achieves and hopefully some loot
    -farm dungeons, raids and quests for AP and leggos

gg
    so basickly for each toon " buy 2 wow tokens in order to secure enough gold to push itlv "

nice advice from blizzard buisness standpoint