Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up WoW Least Expensive, Highest Value Form of Entertainment.

Comparing other forms of entertainment, here is what WoW costs:

For $20 You Get:

• Retail Game - Warlords
    • 1 Month Included Game Time
    • The Base Game + 5 expansions worth of content to explore
    • Just leveling a character to 100 would be many hours worth of gameplay, but for sake of discussion ill say its 50 hours minimum

A person could play all month of their included game time and get literally hundreds of hours of entertainment out of a $20 dollar purchase.

For $20 at the Bar with friends you get:

• 3 glasses of beer
    • Barely a buzz
    • 2-3 hours of socializing
    • Regret from going home alone

For another $50 you get the latest expansion, Legion. And with it you get:

• New Class
    • New Areas to Explore
    • New Lore
    • New Dungeons / Raids
    • This amounts to at least another 10-20 hours of leveling entertainment
    • At max level, its another unlimited amount of hours of entertainment.

Now on top of the $50 price tag for the additional entertainment, you pay $15 per month to continue to play, which could contribute hundreds of hours a month of entertainment for a person. So if you were to look at the price per year, including base game / latest expansion / 12 months of game time you would pay:

$20 + $50 + $13*12 (if you bought your game time 6 months at a time). = $226 dollars PER YEAR. Lets say you play a very conservative 10 hours per week, thats 520 hours per year, which amounts to 43 cents per hour of entertainment. People play for much longer than 10 hours a week and it makes the value even better.

You can spend that much in 1 night out with friends bar hopping, buying food, etc. 1 NIGHT. out of 365.

What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?

The Answer: 0

Runescape, $9 a month.

A wank is free. Checkmate.

Deleted
    I agree with you, wow is my cheapest hobby to date and probably provides me with the most entertainment.
    Also how are you still not banned?

Deleted
    You are right, Jaylock. Way too expensive.

I'm enjoying tons out of Heroes of the Storm 2.0 right now. It's a pretty good value for both casual and hardcore play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    "What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?"

A friend, girlfriend.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

If F2P games can do the same, then why should we pay? Paid game should worth it's price. If I can have the same crappy CRZed world with meaningless quests and 3-button style game mechanics in GW2, that is free, except recent xpack, then why should I buy Wow?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Imagination. You may even earn money with this form of entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If F2P games can do the same, then why should we pay? Paid game should worth it's price. If I can have the same crappy CRZed world with meaningless quests and 3-button style game mechanics in GW2, that is free, except recent xpack, then why should I buy Wow?
    F2P games are usually made from sub-par developers and the entertainment value dries up quick.

A triple A (AAA) title like WoW has a funded development team behind it and the subscription ensures the quality of the product. Blizzard is known for their world class quality in their games. So yeah, at $15 bucks a month, its a STEAL of a price to pay for that much quality entertainment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    /snip
    Tibia.

/heretheerebetencharacters

- - - Updated - - -

F2P games are usually made from sub-par developers and the entertainment value dries up quick.

A triple A (AAA) title like WoW has a funded development team behind it and the subscription ensures the quality of the product. Blizzard is known for their world class quality in their games. So yeah, at $15 bucks a month, its a STEAL of a price to pay for that much quality entertainment.
    AAA means nothing but a high development budget, it is not a scale of quality whatsoever.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I wouldn't say its the highest form but its definately one of the better ones. Games like The Witcher 3 and Skyrim can also entertain me for way more value than its prize, at least months if I play casually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play football 3 times a week for 1-2 hours for £10. Much better value considering it's much more fun. Also £5 for entry and a pint on Saturdays if I fancy watching my local club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    "What other form of entertainment provides as many hours as WoW for $15 bucks a month?"

A friend, girlfriend.
    yes because having a girlfriend is free... nuh uh

A friend, girlfriend.
    Yeah, if you're big on photosynthesis you might have fun doing nothing at all together with your girl-/friend.

7+ Year Old Account
    One of the biggest "bangs for the buck" entertainment wise.

A friend, girlfriend.
    Hmmmm. I never new girlfriends or a friend is free.
    Haha. Haha little do you know. Hahahaha.

A friend, girlfriend.
    Ahahahahahaha a girlfriend? For 15 bucks a month?
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    For $20 at the Bar with friends you get:

3 glasses of beer
    Barely a buzz

2-3 hours of socializing
    Regret from going home alone
    You're either drinking really cheap beer, or you're an alcoholic.

If you're really interested in taking someone home. Go to a church function with singles.
    Your numbers will easily be 4 times higher than the bar, and no risk of a date rape charge.