Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

New to FF - Some Questions

Howdy!

I'm kinda bored with Legion, and I want to try something new at the same I'm playing WoW. I have some question about FF since this is my first time playing it ( sorry for some noob questions )
    # For the first timer, do I have to buy only "COMPLETE EDITION" to start playing or do I have to get "STARTER EDITION" aka base game as well?
    # About Stormblood pre-order bonus reward, does it worth getting it? Since it has "Heavensward," do I have to get only "Realm Reborn" to continue playing the game or do I still have to get the base game too?
    #Since Wow Legion has offered to get Legion now then upgrade to Collector edition, is that the same with FF?
    #What is "Square Enix Crysta"? is that in-game currency that I can get gametimes with?
    #What's the best guide website for FF, something like "Icyveins" for wow?
    #For begginer, which class would you recommend?
    #Is anyone interested in "recruit friend" option?

This is all I need to know, I may ask more questions later.

#ThanksPeeps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leberman View Post
    # For the first timer, do I have to buy only "COMPLETE EDITION" to start playing or do I have to get "STARTER EDITION" aka base game as well?
    Starter Edition only includes base-game, so you don't have access to expansions. While Complete Edition includes base game, current and upcoming expansion. So, pick first if you are not sure about the game, I guess? But even at that point you could have tried the trial and seen how it is (goes free up to level 35, unlimited time).

*Note, you don't get pre-order bonuses from Complete Edition.

# About Stormblood pre-order bonus reward, does it worth getting it? Since it has "Heavensward," do I have to get only "Realm Reborn" to continue playing the game or do I still have to get the base game too?
    A Realm Reborn is the base game that allows you to play original campaign all the way up to 2.55. To access Au Ra -race, you need Heavensward. Machinist, Dark Knight and Astrologian are available after completing Realm Reborn and reaching Heavensward (first expansion), and upcoming new jobs require Stormblood, even tho they are available after reaching level 50 (original level cap) and completing 2.0 main quest. At this point it's probably best to get free Heavensward with Stormblood, it's two weeks until Stormblood early access. As earlier mentioned, you don't get pre-order bonuses from Complete Edition.

#Since Wow Legion has offered to get Legion now then upgrade to Collector edition, is that the same with FF?
    If you meant by that if you can upgrade basic version to collector's, then yes, you can.

#What is "Square Enix Crysta"? is that in-game currency that I can get gametimes with?
    Not sure how to explain this as I haven't used it - but it's basically purchasing currency to your Square Enix -account.

"Square Enix Crysta can be added to a Square Enix account using a payment method such as a credit card, and then used for various services."

http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/crysta/

#For begginer, which class would you recommend?
    Personally I haven't really found any of the classes that difficult to start with, so just choose whatever you think you'd enjoy.

Gladiator and Warrior are both tanks.
    Archer is well, physical ranged DPS.
    Pugilist and Dragoon are melee DPS, also includes Rogue but can't start as one.
    Conjurer is your basic healer.
    Thaumaturge is ranged caster DPS.
    Arcanist evolves into either ranged caster DPS or into healer, handy since you get both roles at same time.

#Is anyone interested in "recruit friend" option?)
    If you want, Recruitment Code: VM3G3EU2 - think it'd be last recruitment needed to get my mount.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...riend_recruit/

I'm playing on Odin EU myself, Akira Yatsuragi - if you happen to come there.
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2017-06-01 at 10:32 AM.

To add:

If you buy the complete edition you won't be able to play until the 20th. Best is to just get A Realm Reborn and then pre-order Stormblood to get Heavensward.

Pick the class you think looks fun or the class fantasy / role that suits you. If you end up not liking it you can always level another class on the same character. In FFXIV you can level all classes on one character

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    To add:

If you buy the complete edition you won't be able to play until the 20th. Best is to just get A Realm Reborn and then pre-order Stormblood to get Heavensward.
    I'd even say just get ARR and see if you like it and wait until SB is out to get it. It's going to take you at least two weeks to get through ARR anyway unless you're playing a LOT or skipping cut scenes (not recommended)

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Snip..
    If you want, Recruitment Code: VM3G3EU2 - think it'd be last recruitment needed to get my mount.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...riend_recruit/

I'm playing on Odin EU myself, Akira Yatsuragi - if you happen to come there.
    Another question that come to my mind, is it possible to try "Free trial" and then use that your recruitment code?

To add:

Pick the class you think looks fun or the class fantasy / role that suits you. If you end up not liking it you can always level another class on the same character. In FFXIV you can level all classes on one character
    Thanks, but I didn't quite get that! What do you mean by leveling another class on same character? Do I get to keep anyting from previous class, like jobs? Would like to hear more about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I'd even say just get ARR and see if you like it and wait until SB is out to get it. It's going to take you at least two weeks to get through ARR anyway unless you're playing a LOT or skipping cut scenes (not recommended)
    I see, how's the leveling compared to wow? (like how fast is it possible to level up a new character)

+

Also is there a website similar to "icy-veins" but for FF?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also is there a website similar to "icy-veins" but for FF?
    If there is one I have not found it.

There are a few people out there that make class guides, but they are scattered across the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Thanks, but I didn't quite get that! What do you mean by leveling another class on same character? Do I get to keep anyting from previous class, like jobs? Would like to hear more about this.
    Yeah at the character screen you pick your starting class. You are locked to this class until you hit level 10 and do the class quest. This quest unlocks the ability to go to any class trainer (Dark Knight, Astrologian, Machinist, Samurai and Red Mage are jobs and will require other criterias to unlock) and talk to them and learn how to become that class. When you have learned how to become a class changing class is as simple as changing your main hand weapon. At level 30 the class will advance into a job through a quest. Each class / job has it's own experience bar and it's own levels (except for Summoner and Scholar who share the Arcanist experience bar) and you do not lose any progress by swapping between classes. You also have a special inventory where you can store gear for all the classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another question that come to my mind, is it possible to try "Free trial" and then use that your recruitment code?
    As long as account doesn't have game registered (code put in), I believe you can take benefit of recruit a friend -campaign.

You can level up all classes/jobs on same character, simply change weapon and you swap your class. (Need to do class quest for them, think you unlocked alt jobs at level 10)

*This is my character.

I see, how's the leveling compared to wow? (like how fast is it possible to level up a new character)
    Alt jobs get experience boost on top of possible rested exp. Think it was 100% exp boost for 1-50 and 50% boost for 50-60.

Is effective as long as you've at least one job higher level than what you're currently leveling.
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2017-06-01 at 05:49 PM.

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/

not really close to icyveins. BUt since we dont have builds its not much of a thing. This will have a few good tools though like endgame set makers for choosing gear. hunt trackers. ect

As mentioned above you can be every class *battle and crafting* on ONE character. This is where it is interesting

If you do not want multiple characters, personally i don't see much reason to need more than one per server, you can choose to go with the 13$ a month sub instead of 15. I do this and use the extra 2 dollars to have a 3rd retainer *This is your bank. Characters you design to ah your stuff and hold your crap."
    Last edited by Binaris; 2017-06-01 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Definitely go for WHM, so you can get your unicorn asap and be fabulous.

To add:

I don't think you get Hevensward if you preorder Stormblood. You don't have to have completed the Heavensward stuff to start Stormblood. So buying the starter edition and Stormblood would allow the player to play ARR stuff and Stormblood stuff. If they wanted to Heavensward stuff they'd have to buy that too and go back to it. Otherwise the complete edition would be entirely pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I don't think you get Hevensward if you preorder Stormblood. You don't have to have completed the Heavensward stuff to start Stormblood. So buying the starter edition and Stormblood would allow the player to play ARR stuff and Stormblood stuff. If they wanted to Heavensward stuff they'd have to buy that too and go back to it. Otherwise the complete edition would be entirely pointless
    Stormblood does include Heavensward, but you won't get access to it until June 20.

*"Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood also includes Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward."

Stormblood does include Heavensward, but you won't get access to it until June 20.

*"Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood also includes Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward."
    Oh interesting... I wonder why they are bothering with the complete edition then. That just seems odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh interesting... I wonder why they are bothering with the complete edition then. That just seems odd.
    Well, complete edition does include A Realm Reborn as well, so guess if you want whole package at once.

In addition to what anzaman said you DO have to complete HW stuff before starting SB. What you're probably thinking of is you'll have access to RDM and SAM after completing ARR. The SB msq will still be gated by the HW msq

Well, complete edition does include A Realm Reborn as well, so guess if you want whole package at once.
    Yea I looked because I was curious and the complete pack costs $59.99 while buying the starter and stormblood costs $59.98 saving two whole cents lol.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/fin...th-anniversary

Anywho, I didn't mean to derail the thread. Totally didn't realize Heavensward was included with Stormblood

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    In addition to what anzaman said you DO have to complete HW stuff before starting SB. What you're probably thinking of is you'll have access to RDM and SAM after completing ARR. The SB msq will still be gated by the HW msq
    Oh hmm.. ok I guess I'm all round confused. I could of sworn I read somewhere you could start the story of stormblood with having heavensward done but I don't remember where that was. I probably did just mix things up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone

**snip**
    That's fantastic, Its like you don't get bored only playing one class!
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    **snip**
    Aw3som! I'll def check it out.
    **snip**
    Thanks for all the info!

I also feel better now when you said I can use that code later... heh

+ Overall it was a great experience playing FF! Still playing with a trial account and I managed to reach LVL 21. The only thing that I hate about this game is that everything especially about the location of each quest and where this/that city is located, is very annoying for me lol. I had to use google/youtube to figure out where do I have to go. Secondly, sometimes it's not possible to skip the conversation when you fail duty or something like that and that is annoying lol.

Btw, does FF support addon? Like Tom-Tom for waypoint?

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, does FF support addon? Like Tom-Tom for waypoint?
    FFXIV doesn't support AddOns - think only one is damage meter, and even that is allowed only be keeping it "hidden".

My raid-group uses it and posts results in Discord channel, instead of in-game.

dont worry about that addon yet. just know that down the line is a damage meter that you can set up, pita, but it is worth it when you care about your performance

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV doesn't support AddOns - think only one is damage meter, and even that is allowed only be keeping it "hidden".

My raid-group uses it and posts results in Discord channel, instead of in-game.
    Could you give me a link to where I can get this addon? + how to install it?

Would appreciate it!