Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    They are too scared to come back after this

*Image of terrorist-nut-kicking Scotsman with explosions in background.
    You're goddamn right. We've prepared our tactical ham pizza crunches. That's ham and pineapple, to also prevent American invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post

Does that mean Scotland will soon be wiped from the face of the earth? I know there are many that would rejoice at such, but i didn't count the islamists amongst them.
    Bah. They can try.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    But over here, people simply ascribe what they know of christianity to islam, because "it's a religion and all religions are the same" But you get very few people chastising such statemsnts for their gross over-generalization.
    I agree, that's completely wrong. There are lots of muslim communities, in Europe, nonetheless, that have no tendency to be non-secular, or to have a tendency for radicalisation. Most of the radicalisation comes from the strong Saudi influence and Wahhabism (or Salafism, if we're not blaming Saudi Arabia. I am), not from the religion itself. As an example - Bulgaria, Montenegro, and Albania all have high Muslim populations, yet radicalisation is basically unheard of there. Last time there was a terrorist act by radical Islam, it was (arguably, and non-confirmed) Irani national of the Sunni minority bombing an Israeli flight in Bourgas International Airport, in 2014.

All in all, it's the radicalisation and the international funding for radicalisation that's mostly responsible, not the religion in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    There's no rational debate to have. Islamic extremists aren't Muslims, by any definition. Over and over again, from people who actually study middle eastern culture (i.e., not people like Dawkins or Harris), from people who actually profile extremists, there's a common thread: either they're not actually religious, or desperate.

Here's how a "rational" conversation about the topic goes:

Person A: Is religion evil?
    Person B: No. Fundamentalism is evil. Religious fundamentalism is no more or less evil than secular fundamentalism or, in fact, any fundamentalism.
    Person A: Agreed.

So take your "rational debate" nonsense and shove it.
    And that speaks volumes - no debate to be had. There you go.

Your analysis is childish and immature.

The problem is literalist interpretations of e.g., Bible, Quran, fucking Mao's Red Book, and how to counter them. I'm not saying Islamist fundamentalism is any worse than any other types or religious or political fundamentalism.

Shove it yourself.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    There's no rational debate to have. Islamic extremists aren't Muslims, by any definition. Over and over again, from people who actually study middle eastern culture (i.e., not people like Dawkins or Harris), from people who actually profile extremists, there's a common thread: either they're not actually religious, or desperate.
    Ah take a moment to savour this ladies and gentlemen, an almost pristine example of no true Scotsman in action.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Islamophobia literally leads to more terrorism.

That's why you should give a fuck.
    About much as Orcophobia led to mordors armies invading the human kingdoms. This slogan your are regurgitating, it is not an argument, it's an unsubstantiable claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Where's the islamic terrorism in South Korea then?
    South Korea was a colonial nation? Didn't knew that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion is malleable. You do not have to follow any religion in a way that harms others. At all. See the countless numbers of non-heterosexual Muslims, transgender Christians, Catholics who want women as popes and pastors, etc.
    And that's the problem.
    In the eyes of what we call "fundamentalists" religion is NOT malleable. Ask my mother about it. She firmly believes that being gay is a sin. She would never be violent towards them or treat them with disrespect though. Why? Because the Bible tells her so.

You are attempting to say "fundamentalism is a problem" but what you are really saying is "people taking their religion seriously is a problem".
    Well, by proxy, wouldn't that make religion the actual problem in the first place? If religions didn't exist, we wouldn't have people that take it waaaaay to seriously to be compatible with the 21st century.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    About much as Orcophobia led to mordors armies invading the human kingdoms. This slogan your are regurgitating, it is not an argument, it's an unsubstantiable claim.
    #orcposting?

Deleted
    What I can't fathom with Muslims is that they originally left their hovels in the desert to come to nicer places and try make a better life for themselves and their families. They then go about doing their best to turn it into the same shit holes they left behind

Like with the London major saying it's now normal for regular losses of civilian life. Maybe in Urkadurkastan it's normal. It should not be the case in Europe though.
    Last edited by mmoc02584ba2e4; 2017-06-04 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    #orcposting?
    I laughed way harder than I should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Nothing dumber than a born-again rationalist. Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Christ.

filler
    Ah yes, we are on to stage 2, in stage 1 you used poor logical fallacies, now you moved on to personal attacks, I eagerly await stage 3.

- - - Updated - - -

#orcposting?
    Damnit you made me spill my drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your mom? She'd be terrible, religion or not.
    She is actually a very loving and kind person.

BTW: atheism is basically a belief-system (also known as "religion") of it's own.

ISIS is an epidemic and needs to be eradicated ASAP.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Islamophobia literally leads to more terrorism.

That's why you should give a fuck.
    And more terrorism leads to more islamophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    BTW: atheism is basically a belief-system (also known as "religion") of it's own.
    Could you elaborate on the belief-system? As near as I can tell, this is just plain false and is just a cliche trotted out to draw false equivalencies.

7+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    No, what I'm really saying is "fundamentalism is a problem." Because the behavior of religious extremists is no different than any other extremist. New Atheists make bullshit claims about religions they know nothing about, and New Atheists kill people. MRAs make bullshit claims about what women have to go through every day, and MRAs kill people.

Your mom? She'd be terrible, religion or not. There are a lot of atheists on this planet that would kill me for being bisexual, and they wouldn't need a god to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

This post could not possibly be any more wrong or offensive.
    Oh no! Not your poor feelings! The horror! It's literally on part with killing innocent people. I am deeply regretfully sorry for any offence caused

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate why you're saying that, but... no, she's not. To you, maybe. But nobody who honestly believes being gay is wrong is loving or kind.
    It's ultimately what a person DOES that matters. Not whether the person thinks that practices of other persons are wrong.

I appreciate why you're saying that, but... no, she's not. To you, maybe. But nobody who honestly believes being gay is wrong is loving or kind.
    You're aware the position that homosexuality is morally wrong is a moral position held by the vast majority of Muslims around the world right? Here's the Pew survey on the matter. To be fair to them, their doctrine is quite clear about the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Christ.

filler
    I admit, I dont know how you look but if you take a look in the mirror, that right there is the face of a man who lacks enough coherent thought to formulate an original argument.

"Islamophobia" as you use the term does not exist. It is not a phobia. It is just colored language to imply pathological and irrational fear in the one offering criticism.

Fundamentalists have always had the better arguements when it came to interpreting what their religion really meant. For people who place more importance on staying true to their faith and less on reconciling it with modern society, these arguments hold the superiour truth.
    You bet your ass ISIS is doing a good job as far as that is concerned. Denying that radical islamists or islamist terrorists are "real" muslims is asinine. For better or worse they might be a small minority but they are still the "realest" amongst the believers of their faith.

Born-again PoMo evangelists are pretty fucking stupid.