Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Okay, final warning. Religious discussion, including the nature of religious figures, is not allowed here.
    Imho all discussion should be allowed in a forum with the purpose of discussing things, as long as these discussions stay civil.
    Please pass that suggestion on to your superiors in your next meeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Imho all discussion should be allowed in a forum with the purpose of discussing things, as long as these discussions stay civil.
    Please pass that suggestion on to your superiors in your next meeting.
    Yep, I agree.

Anyway - so very sad for the victims and their families of recent attacks both here and in Kabul & Zanjili, which haven't attracted as much MSM coverage.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

either context matters and we discuss difficult topics such as violence by religious extremists without being arbitrarily selective as to what kind of context may not be discussed or we act like context doesnt matter by either selectively banning discussion or ignorint context alltogether. Either of the later two options means going full retard.
    I can deal with going full retard, I dont have to be here after all.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-06-05 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    keklolbur

Yeah, sure. I bet most people haven't even heard of Charlemagne, nor know what he was about.

The attempts at justifying wrongs by pulling a "yeah, but we did it too once!" is starting to become totally pathetic. Downplaying at its best.

Kumbaya mylord kumbaya....

Do you have any actual argument?

Because the only thing i'm saying is that it's stupid to single out a historic person for something that is now considered bad but was perfectly normal back then.

So to put it together:

Just because someone did it 1500 years ago shouldn't be a justification for behaviour that is deemed unacceptable, and this person has no place in our society.

Do you disagree with me?

I don't see what the problem is with discussing these things in a civilized manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Okay, final warning. Religious discussion, including the nature of religious figures, is not allowed here.
    You want no discussion of religion in a thread about islamic terrorism? Thats a nonsense. You will either need to revise the rules or lock threads like this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Do you have any actual argument?

Because the only thing i'm saying is that it's stupid to single out a historic person for something that is now considered bad but was perfectly normal back then.

So to put it together:

Just because someone did it 1500 years ago shouldn't be a justification for behaviour that is deemed unacceptable, and this person has no place in our society.

Do you disagree with me?
    Oh, get lost.

We both know that your silly comparison is silly at best. What you are posting is just classical leftist/apologist cognitive dissonance. Background noise at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Oh, get lost.

We both know that your silly comparison is silly at best. What you are posting is just classical leftist/apologist cognitive dissonance. Background noise at best.
    So no arguments, just alt-right buzzwords, got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    So no arguments, just alt-right buzzwords, got it!
    Oh, just a leftie framing people again. Got it!

I watched the Muslim mayor of London saying just after the attack to not be alarmed. I almost choked to death rolling on the floor with the food in my mouth... Then I saw some article saying that the "special forces" killed the attacker in like 8 minutes or so, but then again, who the fuck cares? I was 8 minutes too late for the poor fuckers that probably thought diversity and the import of retarded middle age practices is a good idea

This will only get worse and worse and worse and worse. Just grab the popcorn and forget about the horror movies, plenty of blood on the news... And by the way, if you're thinking to visit some crowded famous place, think again. Maybe you're "lucky" and you won't die when a fucking retard blows himself next to you. Maybe you just lose some limbs, maybe all of them, and you'll live in a vase, maybe giving lectures about diversity and tolerance and what it means to be human and help the others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I watched the Muslim mayor of London saying just after the attack to not be alarmed. I almost choked to death rolling on the floor with the food in my mouth... Then I saw some article saying that the "special forces" killed the attacker in like 8 minutes or so, but then again, who the fuck cares? I was 8 minutes too late for the poor fuckers that probably thought diversity and the import of retarded middle age practices is a good idea

This will only get worse and worse and worse and worse. Just grab the popcorn and forget about the horror movies, plenty of blood on the news... And by the way, if you're thinking to visit some crowded famous place, think again. Maybe you're "lucky" and you won't die when a fucking retard blows himself next to you. Maybe you just lose some limbs, maybe all of them, and you'll live in a vase, maybe giving lectures about diversity and tolerance and what it means to be human and help the others
    May i take that you never cross the road?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40165646

names and pics of two of the terrorist included in article

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post

Khuram Butt.

He sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post

The one guy was featured in the documentary "Jihadis Next Door". You can't make this up.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Most important thing to note, neither were born in the UK.
    And while one (apparently) was not known to the authorities, the other one was.
    Why wasn't he deported to Pakistan ages ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Why wasn't he deported to Pakistan ages ago?
    Deportation procedure is typically reactive, that is they have to have done something before you can try and deport them. Extremists tend to be quite careful with what they say, so as to not fall foul of anti-terrorism legislation, see Abdulrahman Green as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Deportation procedure is typically reactive, that is they have to have done something before you can try and deport them. Extremists tend to be quite careful with what they say, so as to not fall foul of anti-terrorism legislation, see Abdulrahman Green as an example.
    People need to start to realize that it's comparable to, for instance, organized crime. It isn't enough for law enforcement to know you're involved with the gang or crime organization. They may know full well that you are. They still can't arrest anyone unless they have evidence of an actual crime and a connection to that individual. Being really sure that Frankie the Shiv is responsible for 43 shivving deaths just straight-up doesn't matter if Frankie can't be directly tied to those crimes by evidence. You can keep an eye on Frankie, and hope you catch him in the act, but if you can't, you don't have grounds to take action.

This doesn't magically change if the guy's name is Abdul instead of Frankie, and he's a terrorist rather than a hit man. You still need evidence tying them to an actual crime, either in the past or one that's being actively planned, or you don't have grounds to take action.

That doesn't mean they're good people. It means you monitor them as much as you can. But they still have civil rights, and until you've got the evidence to justify prosecuting, that's not changing.

People need to start to realize that it's comparable to, for instance, organized crime. It isn't enough for law enforcement to know you're involved with the gang or crime organization. They may know full well that you are. They still can't arrest anyone unless they have evidence of an actual crime and a connection to that individual. Being really sure that Frankie the Shiv is responsible for 43 shivving deaths just straight-up doesn't matter if Frankie can't be directly tied to those crimes by evidence. You can keep an eye on Frankie, and hope you catch him in the act, but if you can't, you don't have grounds to take action.

This doesn't magically change if the guy's name is Abdul instead of Frankie, and he's a terrorist rather than a hit man. You still need evidence tying them to an actual crime, either in the past or one that's being actively planned, or you don't have grounds to take action.

That doesn't mean they're good people. It means you monitor them as much as you can. But they still have civil rights, and until you've got the evidence to justify prosecuting, that's not changing.
    We have the RICO Act, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, in the US that was used to bust up organized crime. Basically once a judge declares your organization under the RICO act, no matter what your job, accountant, driver you're in violation of the law and can be arrested. Offer them the choice to leave the country, that's fine too.

Why can't the British implement a RICO Act type law for jihadis? I trust the British they aren't going to use such a law irresponsibly.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    We have the RICO Act, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, in the US that was used to bust up organized crime. Basically once a judge declares your organization under the RICO act, no matter what your job, accountant, driver you're in violation of the law and can be arrested. Offer them the choice to leave the country, that's fine too.

Why can't the British implement a RICO Act type law for jihadis? I trust the British they aren't going to use such a law irresponsibly.
    RICO isn't that generic, or the USA wouldn't have issues with gangs. It's definitely used to break up gangs, but you need to be able to tie them to crimes, still. It's not like organized criminals (or terrorists) are filing convenient lists of members with state officials.

RICO isn't that generic, or the USA wouldn't have issues with gangs. It's definitely used to break up gangs, but you need to be able to tie them to crimes, still. It's not like organized criminals (or terrorists) are filing convenient lists of members with state officials.
    And lone wolves aren't organizations. Though you can argue that they have ties to the organization ISIS.