Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post

Not to mention that it would be a silly thing to get hungover with. I wouldn't even mind playing the exact same story, all I'm asking for is a good postgame. Which is usually what these second installments do, so there you go
    Same. Postgame has been pretty terrible for all of the 3ds entries. My only hopes are post game and level grinding to not be tedious.

My guess is this is the Swan song for the 3ds era of pokemon.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

I hope the story is different. I doubt I will bother buying the new versions if the story is exactly the same minus a few details post game. I didn't really like the whole trial thing much. I found the totem pokemon to be really hard with the stat boost. Not sure why, but that just made it more annoying then fun for me. Them being hard purely because their defense is through the roof vs any skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

If Super Special Awesome Sun/Moon can pull a BW2, I'll be ecstatic, however, we need more info on them. Hopefully at E3

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I hope the story is different. I doubt I will bother buying the new versions if the story is exactly the same minus a few details post game. I didn't really like the whole trial thing much. I found the totem pokemon to be really hard with the stat boost. Not sure why, but that just made it more annoying then fun for me. Them being hard purely because their defense is through the roof vs any skill.
    It's an "alternate" story, it's the same story but with different scenes.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Actually the totem pokemons weren't that hard once you realized that getting dire hit applied in first round meant you could just one shot that big bastard if the RNG Jesus smiled upon you. And after you got lucky to get Mimikyu (I'm really dire hard fan of that lil' bugger) from WT they were just piece of cake (Mimikyu + Dire Hit = caching!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now all I can think for "Ultra" S/M is a rather sarcastic "re-playing S/M, greeeeeaaaaatt...". Really going to need to see more thane what we got to feel anything more or less than my current feelings towards it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    I'm reserving my judgement till we get more info. Hopefully these will have some endgame (battle frontier-ish if they are to be like Emerald/Platinum).

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Right now all I can think for "Ultra" S/M is a rather sarcastic "re-playing S/M, greeeeeaaaaatt...". Really going to need to see more thane what we got to feel anything more or less than my current feelings towards it.
    So basically your avatar. :P

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's an "alternate" story, it's the same story but with different scenes.
    May I get a link to this info? Right now, not even Serebii has any details on the story.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

May I get a link to this info? Right now, not even Serebii has any details on the story.
    Right in the Direct at 6:20

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Right in the Direct at 6:20

Hmm, can't say how I see that being interpreted as the same story with a few different scenes. Ill just have to wait and see. Though seeing that gold and silver is a huge nostalgia boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    I'm reserving my judgement till we get more info. Hopefully these will have some endgame (battle frontier-ish if they are to be like Emerald/Platinum).

So basically your avatar. :P
    Basically, yeah.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you look at the current game, there will be some zone changes for sure.

Probaly:
    1.st city will have a gym (on a spot where nothing is)
    1.st island caves to totem pokemon will be gone

Second island may now open up a golf area.
    Gyms added.
    The water area (the one you see from water totem) can now be visited.

3th island team skull city is fixed and it now has gym.
    The market sunk and it can now be visited by a Dive poke skill.
    Ruins area now has a dungeon.
    Dust area changed.

4th island
    Sun/moon temple can now be entered.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well if you look at the current game, there will be some zone changes for sure.

Probaly:
    1.st city will have a gym (on a spot where nothing is)
    1.st island caves to totem pokemon will be gone

Second island may now open up a golf area.
    Gyms added.
    The water area (the one you see from water totem) can now be visited.

3th island team skull city is fixed and it now has gym.
    The market sunk and it can now be visited by a Dive poke skill.
    Ruins area now has a dungeon.
    Dust area changed.

4th island
    Sun/moon temple can now be entered.
    You speak like these would be sequels.

how do people not know the difference between alternate and sequel
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

ill be honest, if they added gyms along with the trials id be more interested. but im not expecting anything more than what we got in emerald and platinum except with its goodies split over two games and maybe a couple new zones to explore.

if were lucky when they said new pokemon they meant alolan formes and not just bdsm solgaleo and lunala
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account

Don't sweat the details!!!

USM direct feed screenshots are below native 3DS resolution.

Are we really at the point where they need to throttle the resolution on a damn 3DS to make thw games run?

So, this is gonna be like black and white 2? I see absolutely no difference in these new games compared to sun and moon.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    So, this is gonna be like black and white 2? I see absolutely no difference in these new games compared to sun and moon.
    Think Crystal/Emerald/Platinium