Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue with the class mount is that Worgen get the colour variation (white) that I would've thought suited Night Elves much better, and vice versa. I really don't understand the colour choices for Alliance side. At the very least, I wish we could choose which colour we get to use, even if it was tied to our spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giant derpy owl... wish I'd given it a pass. Think it wouldn't be so bad, where it not twice the size of the crow.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    This basically invalidates, in my mind, any complaint a Druid could possibly have about their class mount.

You guys get an instant-cast two-person flying mount - literally the only one of its type in the entire game - for free. Appearances aside, your mount is objectively superior to every other class'.

Now talk to a Hunter or DH. They just get slightly updated flightpath mounts.
    You can at least USE your mount everywhere. This mount overrides Travel Form making it unusable in BGs/non-flying zones (as you default to stag form in those situations automatically). Not only that, it also forces us to delete the Sentinel Glyph which comes at a high price.

If the next expansion follows Legions trend, this mount won't be usable at all until we unlock flying, think about that. Pretty fucking ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    My only real complaint is that, for Trolls, it still uses the bat noise whenever you shapeshift into it.
    Ali side we hear the crow screech, its annoying. Could of least made it have the sentinel owl sound.

Every since ashes of somethingphoenixmount, they keep using the griffon rig to make birds and it always looks funky. The body is too long. So if it did have a landing animation it would look really weird. That's my biggest gripe, I miss the afk land animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    This basically invalidates, in my mind, any complaint a Druid could possibly have about their class mount.

You guys get an instant-cast two-person flying mount - literally the only one of its type in the entire game - for free. Appearances aside, your mount is objectively superior to every other class'.

Now talk to a Hunter or DH. They just get slightly updated flightpath mounts.
    Except it's ugly as fuck, WAY too big (to what I'm used to with Flight Form), I don't know when I'm actually touching the ground (huge issue for someone who is an Herbalist), and it doesn't even perch. Oh and it's the only class mount that cannot be used by lower level characters until level 60 (all others is 20, except DK/DH because Hero Classes, duh) and cannot be used in places flight mounts aren't allowed.

I also HAVE multiple vehicle mounts I can use so that's literally pointless to me. Your invalidating argument is completely invalid.

Rogue classmount should have been the new Druids flightform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    My biggest issue with the class mount is that Worgen get the colour variation (white) that I would've thought suited Night Elves much better, and vice versa. I really don't understand the colour choices for Alliance side. At the very least, I wish we could choose which colour we get to use, even if it was tied to our spec.
    White is about the most unfitting colour for Night Elves around. It's about the same colour as Night Elf cat form as well.

Now, the bright red variant threw me off a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Our* /10char
    Pirate!

That was a mishap on my part. Jyggalag, forgive?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like looking like Kaepora Gaebora, and I'll also enjoy being the only class in the game with an instant cast 2 seater mount.

Thanks!

Plus our /mountspecial makes use caw to the heavens.

C'AWWWWWWWWWW
    Last edited by Phookah; 2017-06-07 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    White is about the most unfitting colour for Night Elves around. It's about the same colour as Night Elf cat form as well.
    Personally, I'd disagree. Given that Night Elves have a lot of their stuff built around the moon, white isn't at all unfitting. When I think of Night Elves, I don't just think of shadows and darkness—I think about moonlight, and stars, too. Look at Darnassus: it's pretty bright, isn't it? Anyway, do you think the white form fits Worgen better? I wouldn't say so. Worgen themselves can only have fur colour as bright as a light grey (as opposed to Night Elves with bright, white hair). In fact, the whole Worgen aesthetic is better suited to darkness than Night Elves, who are thematically built around moonlight.

Better yet, the white variation of the Druid class mount isn't even white—it's purple. Even less reason for it to be assigned to Worgen, when so much of it fits Night Elves better. I don't know, I just don't think the form is nice at all and it irks me that the Night Elf one is so ugly when Worgen get a form that makes very little thematic sense for them.

I was excited for the class mounts initially, but I don't care to use it now that I've seen what the Druid one is, and how bad the elf one looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if there's anyway to go back to the old flight form...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Face looks like its been hit in the face with a shovel.
    Don't like no land animation
    There are others but you get this idea i don't like the new model.

Tbh i would just be happy to have the flight model you get when you use the disguise in suramar (purple SFF) oh yes!

btw can u not collect in the new form? ie herb without having to land.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter View Post
    btw can u not collect in the new form? ie herb without having to land.
    It can do everything regular flight form can plus carry a passenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wonder if there's anyway to go back to the old flight form...
    Yeah, go to the shrine in the Dreamgrove. There is a NPC there
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

I honestly like it just fine. It's like an upgrade to the regular flight form, nothing too special or exciting. Maybe people were expecting something mind-blowing. It's not like it is a reward for something spectacular, if anything it is just a reward for staying subbed for a couple of months.

I do agree though that it should be usable on the ground. Giving us the option for it to replace stag in ground-mount only areas would have been enough for me.

I also wish it didn't have that stupid necklace, but that's just my personal taste. The armor doesn't look too bad or overwhelming, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Taukra Goundin View Post
    Pirate!

That was a mishap on my part. Jyggalag, forgive?
    Yes absolutely. I see too many people repeatedly making the same mistake with no care for the proper spelling. Glad to see you're not one them.

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    - no /mountspecial
    There actually is one. Need to type it out though, flying mounts cant trigger it with space.

All the mount models are just new skins...

The druid class mount is awful tbh. It's supposed to be a form, like any other, but it isn't at all. It doesn't have ANY of the properties that any other druid form has. I would rather have them to just make it a mount, and never EVER implement it as a form at all.

• The color combinations are race-locked, whereas every other class mount is spec-locked. Want variation? Better fucking pay for it. It'd be better if it was based on your hair or something. You know, the way every other druid form is.
    • There's no proper loot or casting animations, also something every other druid form has. Without it, the model freezes shortly if you loot anything, say for instance herbs/chests/ores. Why? Because the model it was based on was probably never intended to be used as a druid form.
    • There's no sitting animation. Also something literally every other druid form has. Why? Because it was never intended to be used as a druid form.
    • The camera settings for the form are way off. The game camera usually always centralizes your character, but for some reason it's not centralized in the new form. In the new form, the camera is centralized way above your character. Try to zoom in on your face while in the form, it can't be done. Every. Other. Druid. Form. Is centralized on your character. This one isn't. Why? Because it was never intended to be used as a druid form.
    • Oh, and did I mention that they haven't even fixed the sounds of the form? Guess what. Every other druid form has unique sound effects. This one doesn't, and reuses the old flight form ones. Which means you'll sound like a raven or a bat. Not the OWL that you're supposed to be. (Sentinel glyph makes you sound like an owl even, IT'S FUCKING GOTTEN MORE ATTENTION THAN THIS MOUNT).

The whole mount reeks of being a quick /copypaste solution. Every single issue can be traced back to the model originally being meant as a mount, never as a druid form, and the fact that they haven't fixed these minor issues speaks volumes.

Some of the class mounts are fucking amazing. Heck, most of them are. But I would be surprised if blizzard spent more than 1% of their time on this "class mount" out of the entirety of the time spent on all the class mounts. It is literally a mount model, given a "new" skin, with no other changes.

Fucking lazy is what it is.

/rant over.