Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'm having a blast on Symmetra in QM. I'm giving no shits and play extremely aggressively with her. Basically flank and sneak behind the team, and then going straight for the supports. It works so well in QM.

Many hilarious moments where I am just cracking myself up, like hiding in the Eichenwalde tower waiting for a Zenyatta to walk by and jumping down like a bat from hell just to see them turn around in surprise while dying. Then their teammate turns around to see what happened only to die as well. So much fun.

Honestly it is too easy sometimes. I'm not sure if there even is any mmr in QM, it just seems very random and average to me. It's gotten to the point where I'll leave defense maps trying to get an attack map for more of a challenge. It's just so funny to me to be the first person as Symmetra to manage to push through Hanamura or Anubis gates, especially if that team was just complaining about the Symmetra pick. I have noticed not many people complain about Symmetra anymore though which is awesome.
    This was always true of Symmetra Glad you're enjoying it as much as I do
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    That feel when you're Winston, and you jump on Ana AND Mercy, and delete them both in seconds. I don't make a habit of playing him, because I'm awful, but we were 2-0 down, Lijiang, and a guy just said 'change everything', I went from D.Va to Widow, did pretty well with her and it was noticed! But toward the end, we're in OT just about holding and it's noted we're down to 1 tank because reasons, so I went Winston to just get in there fast; and it paid off. Stuck with him, we won 3-2. Makes things easy when healers are taken out early.

7+ Year Old Account
    i have such a hard time deciding for which of my 2 favorites i should buy my next golden gun! ;-;

either ana or sombra.
    like, sombra is insanely fun to play and its really really satisfying getting kills with her, especially if people corner me around a hacked healthpack.
    invincible mode bitch.

on the other side, ana is always my go to hero in comp as she combines 2 things i love, healing and sniping.
    i adore her kit and getting those sweet sleepdarts on someones ass, mmmmmmhmmm, it can be even be roadhogs fat piggy ass, its always satisfying.

so.
    besides that, today i set foot in the new comp season for the first time and the first 2 games were really nice.
    in one match we were struggling very hard in the first round, i was playing pharah and their pharah literally countered me.
    airshot after airshot, that bitch was good.

anyway, after they reached the second checkpoint (it was on route:66 btw) our lucio switched off support, i switched to ana.
    im serious, if it wasnt for my switch we'd have completely lost the round, 9.2k heals gold healing, outhealed our mercy who played since the start of the match in just 2 minutes.
    it was so god damn stressful, i thought my brain would explode.
    next round on attack we were basically dominating, i was really skeptic tho, we had a widow with barely 30 minutes of playtime in qp and none in comp.
    but he turned out to be pretty darn skilled, even got the potg when he switched to hanzo.

in the other match, the first round was one of the best and smoothest rounds i have ever had in the game.
    it was on hanamura, we were on defense at first and the enemy team had absolutely not chance, every time they pushed in we completely outplayed them.
    however during the second round on attack, holy we got shred to pieces, i played pharah again but changed to tracer (tho, that wasnt really that good of an idea as they had a symmetra, but we needed the speed) because they had a soldier that countered me pretty hard.
    nobody really could team up anymore as there was always someone dead.
    game ended in draw sadly.
    and our soldier started flaming everyone because "mah voice chat!", like 2 people not talking made any difference, we lost because we got countered very hard, not because someone didnt have their mic on.
    it was still a good match tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

IMO Competitive is a lot better than QP as long as you're not bottom of the barrel SR. Even if you don't care about rank or golden gun points or whatever, I would recommend trying it once you have time and experience on a handful of characters. Generally people communicate better, try harder, and are much more likely to swap off their pet heroes to play things that the team needs. Of course, people also have a little more invested in the game so the pressure is higher, but the games really just seem to be a lot higher quality, anywhere from high bronze and up.

The more I play Competitive, the more I see how big of a divide there is between Comp and Quick Play. I still have fun in QP and still play a lot of games there, but you see dumpsterfire comps there much more often. Of course, as I said above, that's because a lot of times people are there to practice certain heroes that don't always work.
    My issue with comp is the games take SO LONG comparatively. I don't play ow to get stuck in a 45 min game, the maps are short and sweet and I prefer to keep them that way. If it's a loss in qp it's a quick loss and I can just move on to the next one, where a loss in comp (assuming it was a close match) feels like a huge waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    True in a way, out of all the heroes, Mercy is most reliant on the rest of the team doing well, she can get nothing done by herself.

This means for skilled players she's harder to climb with, but conversely, for unskilled players she's easier.
    That's what the other team thinks.

Until they realize they're against a Mercy who didn't forget she has a pistol.

The amount of times a Reaper tries to flank me just to die because I guess the shock of being shot by Mercy was too much that he forgot to Wraith form.

Compare Mercy to the rest of the healers though. You got Ana, who can heal faster than a Mercy, but requires a lot more aiming (And praying your teammates don't love to overlap each other), and has an offensive ultimate overall.

Then, there's Zenyatta, who's healing is a bit lackluster, but makes up for it with his damage output/amp. So to make up for that less healing, you yet again, have to aim well and hope people take advantage of your discords.

Lastly, you have Lucio. Good healing, but requires your team to stand near you which for some reason people tend to be allergic to.

So I wouldn't say it's just "Mercy being easier", it's that Mercy works better in cases where your team has no idea how to play around healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's what the other team thinks.

Until they realize they're against a Mercy who didn't forget she has a pistol.

The amount of times a Reaper tries to flank me just to die because I guess the shock of being shot by Mercy was too much that he forgot to Wraith form.

Compare Mercy to the rest of the healers though. You got Ana, who can heal faster than a Mercy, but requires a lot more aiming (And praying your teammates don't love to overlap each other), and has an offensive ultimate overall.

Then, there's Zenyatta, who's healing is a bit lackluster, but makes up for it with his damage output/amp. So to make up for that less healing, you yet again, have to aim well and hope people take advantage of your discords.

Lastly, you have Lucio. Good healing, but requires your team to stand near you which for some reason people tend to be allergic to.

So I wouldn't say it's just "Mercy being easier", it's that Mercy works better in cases where your team has no idea how to play around healers.
    I find Mercy has much the same issue you state Lucio has, people spread, over-extend and make it impossible to do your job. This is why I tend to prefer Ana or Zenyatta, because that's much less of an issue.

A team that keeps together is so easy for Mercy to work with though, which is why if I do use her, I prefer to do so on Defence. Thing is, it's easy fire time, and easy 'look good at what you're doing'; which translates to increased SR bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I find Mercy has much the same issue you state Lucio has, people spread, over-extend and make it impossible to do your job. This is why I tend to prefer Ana or Zenyatta, because that's much less of an issue.

A team that keeps together is so easy for Mercy to work with though, which is why if I do use her, I prefer to do so on Defence. Thing is, it's easy fire time, and easy 'look good at what you're doing'; which translates to increased SR bonuses.
    In all fairness, people spreading is an issue, but usually I end up using the spread out people to jump from ally to ally to heal them if I have to.

Like, oh, someone's around that building getting attacked? Jump to the nearest ally near the building, and see from there how quickly I can get to them. Bonus points if we have a Pharah,since I can jump up to her, and then fall or jump over to the ally.

I'm probably never in one spot for more than 2-3 seconds as Mercy. The flight is basically always on CD.

Played 5 ranked matches tonight.

In every single match there was atleast 1 griefer or more.
    Then I mean those who obviously try to make own team lose, by hogging dps, ignoring objective, mei-walls, trollpicks and every scum move there is.

Atleast Blizzard could let us keep the "avoid this player" button, as reporting them doesnt help at all....

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Played 5 ranked matches tonight.

In every single match there was atleast 1 griefer or more.
    Then I mean those who obviously try to make own team lose, by hogging dps, ignoring objective, mei-walls, trollpicks and every scum move there is.

Atleast Blizzard could let us keep the "avoid this player" button, as reporting them doesnt help at all....
    The good news is Kaplan is talking about putting in a system to punish leavers and griefers which could include perms-ban to seasonal bans.

Also if you block a player you won't be placed in a match with them in the future.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-06-09 at 04:37 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pharah needs to be deleted from the game yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    My issue with comp is the games take SO LONG comparatively. I don't play ow to get stuck in a 45 min game, the maps are short and sweet and I prefer to keep them that way. If it's a loss in qp it's a quick loss and I can just move on to the next one, where a loss in comp (assuming it was a close match) feels like a huge waste of time.
    That is definitely true, and a good point. Folks should be aware that comp is a lot more time consuming since you play both sides every time. This is especially true if you get a King of the Hill map that goes all five rounds.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Just played 5 competitive games. 3 of them had leavers and 1 had Torb, Bastion, Junk and Hanzo on attack.

The one game i won i was so eager to get out of due to frustration and i just earned a loot box. The victory flashed up on the screen so i went to open the box only to see "rejoin" for like 0.1 of a second on the main menu and i lost points...

I am really starting to hate this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Also this!

Every game the dps instantly lock in and never deal with her.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2017-06-09 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Pharah has half a dozen counters, it's just the "if i could shoot back" delusionists campaigned to get them nerfed to the ground so people won't use them, and rage at people who do. This is what happens when you complain about these heroes in a game like this. A small 'meta' group of heroes, and a stagnant meta; which once again revolves around close quarters combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Just played 5 competitive games. 3 of them had leavers and 1 had Torb, Bastion, Junk and Hanzo on attack.

The one game i won i was so eager to get out of due to frustration and i just earned a loot box. The victory flashed up on the screen so i went to open the box only to see "rejoin" for like 0.1 of a second on the main menu and i lost points...

Also this!

Every game the dps instantly lock in and never deal with her.
    If you're tank or support, and you can't do your job because Pharah, you may as well switch yourself and deal with her. It's better that and contribute that way than respawning and running back, and contributing nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna play a lot tonight during double XP!

Pharmercy. Boned

Pharmercy. Boned.

Pharmercy. Boned. Group left.

Hanzo's shooting the other side of the building I'm in and hitting me.

Yep, still the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    The victory flashed up on the screen so i went to open the box only to see "rejoin" for like 0.1 of a second on the main menu and i lost points...

Yea well you had the massive red box saying that if you leave now you will get punished. And you clicked "ok".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Shot Scatter Arrow into opposite direction, killed enemy Genji that was fleeing towards own base.

Simple geometry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm gonna play a lot tonight during double XP!

Pharmercy. Boned

Pharmercy. Boned.

Pharmercy. Boned. Group left.

Yep, still the same.
    Don't really have issue with Pharmercy(I can play a pretty mean hitscan) but Hanzo, since the update, seems insanely broken to me.

But then again I don't play him so maybe I'm being biased here; however, I'm always far more weary of him than the hit-scanning Widow which I find odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneaky!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Yea well you had the massive red box saying that if you leave now you will get punished. And you clicked "ok".
    Did i now?
    The victory flashed up on the screen so i clicked leave game. There was no red box, there was no "ok" to click. It just took me back to the main menu like it always does.