Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    If you can't afford $15 a month then you should probably do something better with your life.
    Maybe he is, that's why $15 a month to play an ugly game is too much

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Unless you're still living with your parents, TV do cost a monthly/yearly fee.
    cheapest bundle of tv channels costs here where i live +/-7 euro / month - if you group it up with phone and internet its even less

less then 10 euro per month for wow sub

Everyone and his mother know how to make 1 million gold in an hour.

What? you don't? L2P

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like someone won't renew their subscription if the prices are really like that!
    (Hint: me)

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Must be a wonderful world you live in where everyone makes more than $15 dollars a hour and can easily justify spending money on something they can earn for free...but you sure aren't living in the real world.
    Stop playing, use the time to educate yourself, then get a real job.

If you live in a country where 15$ is hard to get, you certainly have problems more important that would keep you from playing WoW.

Also, it's been 15$ a month for 13 years, what were all these poor people doing before token existed? Because no, they didn't start playing when tokens came out. And even if they did, they would be 100% new to the game, so they wouldn't even be making enough gold to buy tokens.

Loggin on WoW without actually playing the game just to make enough gold every month to buy a token is definitely not worth spending 15$.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Depends where you live and where you work. In some counteries you need 3-4 houra for 15$ and this is high pay, in other you got average job and got even more so dont talk shit pls.

There was time to make gold at epansion release, 250k gold? it was 1-2 hours grinding for 250k gold and if you were lucky you had even more. Now it's only ah sniping and re-selling.
    See above.

Must be a wonderful world you live in where everyone makes more than $15 dollars a hour and can easily justify spending money on something they can earn for free...but you sure aren't living in the real world.
    Thinking people need to not play wow all day and get a job if $15 a month is back breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Looks like someone won't renew their subscription if the prices are really like that!
    (Hint: me)
    Looks like someone really don't care if you do or not!
    (Hint: everyone)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    For eastern europe and other non west rich shit countries. 15 $ might be a lot. I know its hard to imagine in those care bear rich countries but the rest of the world ain't like that.
    Lul. Guy from Denmark bragging about inc per hour when DK is one of the richest per capita EU countries.
    Was told it didn't happen in the real world, I'm fairly sure I live in the real world.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as others already said different countries have very different feeling how less or how much is $15.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Yes, I believe you. I just find it rather stupid that people would buy tokens for balance and for game time. I guess, you would really have a lot of time in order to do such things......
    Well there seems to be this group of people who don't play wow for pve or pvp but for AH camping. What do you think they do with all that gold?

Some might even get supplementary revenue from their streams or youtube vids, tbh watching a few videos can be mildly entertaining but watching streams of people scrolling mousewheel in TSM is as entertaining as watching paint dry, I don't even know where do they get viewers / donations from, but such streams exist.

Also there are people who boost for gold, it's very lucrative per hour, however the person who has to deal with all the logistics has it way worse than the rest of their raid / m+ / cm / arena / rbg team. They usually get an extra though for all the peddling and bookkeeping.

It comes down to the question, do you find farming stuff, AH flipping or boosting a fun activity? If yes, gold is a by product. If no, then it's a chore and you might as well just pay the sub.

15+ Year Old Account
    Umm...so how much money do I have to fork out if I grind gold? Maybe I know ways to make some gold and I wont be spending all my time farming every old world raid in the game on multiple characters? Maybe I'd want to spend that 15 dollars on something where I can't earn free sub/what ever paystore resources...

I'm sorry so many people have the attention span of a two year old and consider a few hours work a *job*...I've got better things to spend my money on. Besides...whats the difference if I'm killing a thousand mobs doing dailies and world quests or killing a thousand mobs running a dozen dungeons? Besides the dailies and world quests being much more profitable? (And quicker...and not having to worry about getting paired with some troll)

But it's nice of people to jump to conclusions...assuming everyone in the world makes more than 15 a hour...and that they don't have bills to pay or aren't saving up for anything expensive....because gosh darn it...cars and houses are so cheap it's like they grow on trees!
    It's $15. Unless you're dead broke I'll bet there's many things you can do to save that $15 like smoke 2 less packs of cigs a month. Go out less. Drink less alcohol. Don't supersize it! Etc, Etc. Because for me the $15 a month is bringing lunch from home 2 days a month instead of going out during lunch hour.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It's $15. Because for me the $15 a month is bringing lunch from home 2 days a month instead of going out during lunch hour.
    Guess its about a week or even more to have lunch for other countries, so don't judge all the players just based on your economy.

The way I see it, we all payed for the game before the token, and it was nice to have to basically play free in a expansion that lacked a lot (WoD). It was good enjoying playing the game basically free for 2 years, but I don't mind having to pay with money again.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care how much the Token costs, could go up 400k for all I care, still going to buy it instead of paying IRL money for it. Why? Because farming gold gives you something to do on WoW instead of sitting in Dalaran or going on the forums and complaining how the game has no content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Looks like someone really don't care if you do or not!
    (Hint: everyone)
    Why the snarky reply? That's really uncalled for. As far as I could see, my sentiment is shared among several others. You're perfectly able not to care, but from your reply I discern that not only you are fine with spending 1/4 million gold every month, but also would defend said overpricing to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobor View Post
    Guess its about a week or even more to have lunch for other countries, so don't judge all the players just based on your economy.
    Ok so you make $100 a month or whatever in salary and... you spend 2-3 full days each month grinding gold in WoW, so you can afford to play it for the rest of the month ?
    Doesn't make sense, at all. If you live in the poorest regions of the planet, the cost of the WoW token is going to be the least of your problems.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2017-06-09 at 08:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I included the portion which you failed to quote about being dead broke. But at the same time many people spend wastefully on other things instead. You also invested in a computer to play. You have to make a choice as to which is more important. People played the game just fine for almost 10 years so I don't see what has changed?

If you really have no extra disposable income I apologize. I'm not trying to ridicule the poor. I'm quite aware of how it is to live that way.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2017-06-09 at 08:24 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why the snarky reply? That's really uncalled for. As far as I could see, my sentiment is shared among several others. You're perfectly able not to care, but from your reply I discern that not only you are fine with spending 1/4 million gold every month, but also would defend said overpricing to some extent.
    Nah I much rather spend $15, as I have since the game released. It's only pocket change for something that gives me an insane amount of pleasure and joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People in those countries should sell their computers or at least stop playing subscription based games. Priorities. That or quit whining. A choice.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If people still have issues paying 15 euro which is like 30 min of work then you really should get your priorities in life straight.
    How did people survive before the token, holy shit.
    You get paid 30 euros an hour?