Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    With the obvious exception of the new legendary shoulder effect.

Apex Ring: +5% pet damage at all times, and the old Adaptation talent effect! And still not a top tier choice for dps.

New shoulders: +5% pet damage with an uptime between 66% and 100% depending on procs. Aaaand ... that's it. We now have a legendary effect that duplicates just PART of one of our other mid-tier legendary effects, and with reduced uptime.
    I'm pretty sure that Apex Ring only buffs your main pet and the shoulders buff ALL pets (main pet, hati, dire beasts, crows).
    That would make them quite evenly matched, shoulders potentially stronger depending on the uptime.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2017-06-10 at 01:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Apex Ring only buffs your main pet and the shoulders buff ALL pets (main pet, hati, dire beasts, crows).
    That would make them quite evenly matched, shoulders potentially stronger depending on the uptime.
    Well if would be beter if they stack.Lets not forget the chest who gives 4% overall damage buff(not only of pets) which is much more easly to keep up on max stacks 100% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    With the obvious exception of the new legendary shoulder effect.

Apex Ring: +5% pet damage at all times, and the old Adaptation talent effect! And still not a top tier choice for dps.

New shoulders: +5% pet damage with an uptime between 66% and 100% depending on procs. Aaaand ... that's it. We now have a legendary effect that duplicates just PART of one of our other mid-tier legendary effects, and with reduced uptime.
    Just to be sure, the mantle affects all pets (including Hati). Not just your main pet. Not sure how it interacts with dire frenzy (probably badly, but they're not the same.

My quick napkin math put mantle equal or better to Apex at ~80% uptime. It would have roughly the same uptime as Dire Frenzy which seems to average around 85% for most hunter parses. Ever so slightly better if we aren't taking it being a tier slot into account. Certainly not a big enough difference that I would bemoan not having one over the other.

Don't know why we're all talking about mantle/apex, the chest is a 4% damage boost with leech with basically 100% uptime, the new ring is clearly a front runner with access to the talents, and on top of that the aspect of the wild buff puts the aspect bracers back into competition, especially with convergence.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never got the legendary shoulders so to be honest I'm just looking forward to the double dire beast! I can overcome some small to moderate nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by WeaszelB View Post
    My quick napkin math put mantle equal or better to Apex at ~80% uptime. It would have roughly the same uptime as Dire Frenzy which seems to average around 85% for most hunter parses. Ever so slightly better if we aren't taking it being a tier slot into account. Certainly not a big enough difference that I would bemoan not having one over the other.
    Dire frenzy uptime would go up with the new ring; a 100% increase in proc rate from One With The Pack means a lot more dire beast procs that'll help uptime go beyond 90%.
    The reason the shoulder is irrelevant, however, is because you'd be using the new 4 set and the old 2 set with the current power of the old 2 set, so there's no space for mantle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Don't know why we're all talking about mantle/apex, the chest is a 4% damage boost with leech with basically 100% uptime, the new ring is clearly a front runner with access to the talents, and on top of that the aspect of the wild buff puts the aspect bracers back into competition, especially with convergence.
    Same reason as above. Nobody gives a fuck about chest because you'll never have space to equip the chest; It's 2x T19 and 4x T20. You'll get to decide between:

Belt
    Bracers
    Rings (Sephuz, Huntmaster, Apex).
    Boots.
    Trinket.

And that's it. People discuss apex vs mantle because the effect seems similiar, which is weird.

As for the chest being 100% uptime, that's bull. You won't be keeping it up on AOE as that means weaving cobra shots in instead of multishots/kill commands (which won't be worth it), while effects such as apex and mantle WILL be useful for AOE. It also lacks burst potential when you open with it (or if it falls off), as it takes 4x cobra shots (which means atleast 9x globals, assuming you play Killer Cobra; 4 for cobra, 3 for kill command, 2 for dire frenzy, before hitting peak power). People like you see 4% on an "easily kept up" item and hype it up, but there's usually situations that'll make it less good than aniticipated.

New Passive Shoulder is like 5% mastery for xy sec

Apex ring is a different thing

Even with the new ring or chest BM, legendary are just "bracers belt ring" the rest is pretty meh
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2017-06-10 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    At the risk of repeating myself, what do the changes for Thunderslash mean for that trait?

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure those the Thunderslash changes were hotfixed into live already. They have to also apply them to the PTR build.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Does the new shoulder buff KC damage as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

Same reason as above. Nobody gives a fuck about chest because you'll never have space to equip the chest; It's 2x T19 and 4x T20. You'll get to decide between:
    I may be wrong but didn't Blizz say they would nerf the T19 set to make it less powerful so we don't go around running in Nighthold gear all tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I may be wrong but didn't Blizz say they would nerf the T19 set to make it less powerful so we don't go around running in Nighthold gear all tier?
    They nerfed the T19 4pc to the ground so we won't be running around with that anymore. 2pc is likely still good enough to offset like 20 ilvls.

That and the titanforging cap will be raised so it'll be possible to have 925+ T19 pieces, making them STILL best in slot going into mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    They did for most classes. They entirely neglected to do it for BM hunters (likely because they forgot that Dire Frenzy has a special-snowflake effect due to no longer triggering dire beasts, meaning if you pick Dire Frenzy you get 10% more pet dmg during BW, rather than 50% more dire beast damage during BW), meaning the 2 set is wickedly strong for now.

Deleted
    thank you a lot