Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    mainly outdoor activities, national park etc,, i would also visit a museum if i had the chance.
    I highly recommend the San Francisco bay area then. In the city you have restaurants, music, museums, as well as a very active night life. Beyond that you have some of the best outdoor playgrounds in the country: Point Reyes, Mount Tamalpais, Mount Diablo, Santa Cruz Mountains and beach{solid surfing area), Mount Hood, the north coast of California in general, Lake Tahoe is a few hours away, sailing on the bay, etc etc etc. I could easily go on and on and on. Based on you interest in outdoor activities, I cannot recommend the San Francisco bay area highly enough. Check a map, this area is veritable playground for the outdoor enthusiast.

Edit:
    There is one significant down side to the San Francisco bay area: it isn't cheap.

Carson City, Nevada.

This will be your base camp.

1. Capital of the state of Nevada.
    2. Has a bit of a Old West feel.
    3. List of Restaurants to try ( a mix of mexican, American diner, American streakhouse, japanese, even an italian place)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ty_Nevada.html

4. About 10 miles away from Lake Tahoe, a GORGEOUS and clear fresh water lake. Enjoy the beaches, the mountain views, WATERFALLS, WHITE WATER RAFTING, river rafting. rock diving. Can spend days here.
    5. If you want to switch it up and hit the big city with skyscrapers etc, you are 20 miles away from Reno Nevada which offers a more urban culture.
    6. You can spend a day with a homestyle American breakfast, then go white water rafting, and then finish up with a genuine American steakhouse dinner.
    7. Spending another day rock diving into the lake.
    8. Go boating on the Lake another day.
    9. Based in Carson City, you are just a 4 hour drive from San Francisco. So you can spend a couple days in San Fran and tour Fiskerman's wharf, the Bay Bridge, the Giant Sequoia Trees about 20 miles north of the city, Alcatraz, Napa Valley wine country, etc.
    10. On the other hand, being based in Carson City, you are a 7 hour drive from LAS VEGAS. You could spend 2 days down in Vegas and come back.
    11. Carson City to Los Angeles is a 7 hour drive if you prefer to spend a couple of days in an enormous city. Tons to do there. Disneyland, Santa Monica Pier, Hollywood, etc. Maybe sit in a studio audience for a TV show.

Overall, Carson City is the best city to visit because you get to experience an old west style of town and get access to Lake Tahoe, Reno, San Francisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles, depending upon your tastes.

EDIT to add: there is a megabus that goes between Reno, NV and San Francisco for $17 one way, 4 hour trip Round trip $34! So you could base in Carson City, and then if you want to go to San Fran you just catch the Megabus.

https://us.megabus.com/

There is no Megabus from Reno to Las Vegas. That would require a greyhound bus which is much more expensive like $80 one way. But if its in your budget, there it is.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-06-11 at 09:10 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    New Orleans.
    This was absolutely the best city I vistsed in the US. I also enjoyed Chicago.

Avoid the tourists traps, completely stay out of the state of California and even New York City is dissapointing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This was absolutely the best city I vistsed in the US. I also enjoyed Chicago.

Avoid the tourists traps, completely stay out of the state of California and even New York City is dissapointing.
    "Even"? Nastiest place I've ever been to and that includes west belfast during the troubles.

Agree on Chicago. Denver is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Why go where everyone goes, for example New York or even New Orleans?

I'd suggest Albuquerque, New Mexico, with jaunts out to surrounding locations. Cincinnati, San Antonio, or Minneapolis might also be worth considering.

Since you are in Italy, also consider St. Louis and "the Hill" That would be more of an opportunity to see one side of the Italian immigrant experience.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hill,_St._Louis

St. Louis would also give you easy access to things from Chicago to New Orleans if that rail line is still active. St. Louis has Cahokia Mounds for something historical, and downstate Illinois has sites like Garden of the Gods in Shawnee National Park. Southern Illinois University at Carbondale used to be fairly laid back if you want to see an American campus and hang out with college students.
    st Louis is the shit side of the state. I wouldn't advise to come to Missouri in the summer at ALL to begin with. hot and humid as fuck. but if you did you would want to to come to KC. closer to the lakes in the south and NW part of the state. worlds best BBQ. cultural sites, Indian sites, and museums. better people :P plus your just a short jaunt to just about anywhere in the country via regional flight out of KCI (Denver in like 45min) unfortunately not a lot of people are going to pick MO to come to on a vacation, especially on a short one. which is sad because MO has a lot to offer depending on what you are looking for. lots of nature.

also to the guy who said Vegas was in the heartland needs to learn some geography lol

I do love how everyone suggests NYC which is a great city and area no doubt. but if you don't like people stacked on top of other people then its not really for you. I don't understand Hawaii either. sure its great place to be, but if you don't like the beach life 10 days is a long time on a rock, granted there are some great hiking opportunities but there are much nicer/better/CHEAPER islands out there to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    He can also explore a lot of Texas which has many differing cultures and climates. Maybe venture up towards Colorado and New Mexico, interesting locations in both states to see.

You'll get a good sense of rural and urban America while getting to enjoy its greatest outdoors.
    Yah you'll be next to a weed legal state if you can get to colorado.

Don't do new orleans in the summer; When they say it's humid, they mean it's "you're in a damn furnace, get from this building to that building within 30 seconds to survive humid."

If you end up in California or Las Vegas, get In-N-Out animal style burger with animal style fries. They always get their meat local and correctly and it's just delicious in some inexplicable way.

Depends what you want to do but i would say
    1: NYC
    2: DC
    3: LA
    4: Vegas
    5: Boston

If you are willing to rent a car and travel around a bit i would say hit up Dallas,Austin,San Antonio and Houston. All of them have some cool stuff but not enough to warrant a 10 day stay but together offer alot. They are all relatively near each other so the drive wouldn't be that bad. Dallas to any of the others will be the worst after that it is cake.

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    me and 3 other friends want to go america this summer because i love the country of what it has to offer but cant decide what city to visit, we dont mind what city, we want to go for 10 days.

let me know, thanks, love from italia.
    Americano Italiano!!

Any city at the coast of southern California.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you guys would have fun if you fly into Las Vegas, drive to LA and head up PCH/the coast, stopping in SF/Portland/Seattle depending on what you would like to get out of area type of area or how far you wish to go. Desert, Mountains and Coast as well as a few cool citties.

I forget if it was cheaper one way out or into Las Vegas renting a car but start or finish there whichever was cheapest for car cuz it used to be a HUGE diff and you may be able to save cash.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you're worried about going to LA why would you go to CC instead of Vegas? You're right next to multiple lakes, there are plenty of mountains and climbing opportunities and tons of entertainment options outside of gambling. The drive to LA is much shorter and you aren't in a 2nd hand version of Vegas.
    I don't know what the OP wants to do. Basing in Carson City opens him up to Lake Tahoe, Reno, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Napa wine valley.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! What? Ohio has had some Presidents from this state too. Why is that? And one of the greatest marksman ever was from here. Annie Oakley. One could spend a month here and see all types of attractions of interest. From the Serpent Mound to King's Island, Columbus Zoo, Wright Patterson Air Force museum, Cedar Point , on and on.
    I go out to Ohio all the time for work. While there are "things" to do, most of the cities just aren't alive, they shut down at like 10pm. Cleveland was probably the best place I've been to out there, went to Indians games, Rock HOF, cool bars, and homeless people. Sandusky, Cedar Point is meh to me, it's just a roller coaster park and really the best coasters they have are their wooden ones, which If i recall there is the dueling coaster and the large oldschool style wooden coaster. Steel Force or Millennium, I can't recall it's name, wasn't all that great.

Ohio, is a fly over state with some cool stuff. If you are traveling to the US to visit, there are way better options depending on what you are into.
    If you are outdoorsy, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, if you are looking to sight see, NYC, Washington DC, San Francisco, night life the same, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I go out to Ohio all the time for work. While there are "things" to do, most of the cities just aren't alive, they shut down at like 10pm. Cleveland was probably the best place I've been to out there, went to Indians games, Rock HOF, cool bars, and homeless people. Sandusky, Cedar Point is meh to me, it's just a roller coaster park and really the best coasters they have are their wooden ones, which If i recall there is the dueling coaster and the large oldschool style wooden coaster. Steel Force or Millennium, I can't recall it's name, wasn't all that great.

Ohio, is a fly over state with some cool stuff. If you are traveling to the US to visit, there are way better options depending on what you are into.
    If you are outdoorsy, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, if you are looking to sight see, NYC, Washington DC, San Francisco, night life the same, etc...
    If you go to Cincinnati, you have a small town feel. You'd probably want to visit college campuses for some cultural activities. The University of Miami of Ohio is about 15 miles out of town. An absolute must if you go to Cincinnati is to go 2 hours south to Mammoth Cave National Park in southern Kentucky. Its the largest cave system in the entire world. 3 hours north of Cincinnati is Cedar Point, the largest roller coaster amusement park in the world that includes beaches on the shore of Lake Erie and hotels on the lake. There's also some pretty good white water rafting in the Cincinnati area.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I ever go to US I'll go to New York. Broadway <3