Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    This is relatively irrelevant, the main question is:
    "Will there be mechanics for melee or will they continue to tunnel bosses doing 1+KK while ranged have to run around like headless chicken?
    yes. 10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    This is relatively irrelevant, the main question is:
    "Will there be mechanics for melee or will they continue to tunnel bosses doing 1+KK while ranged have to run around like headless chicken?
    Depends how you look at it. If you want some specs to be more AoE focused at the cast of ST its extremely relevant.

But in the end the balance is based on the latest raidtier and how each spec performs their.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    yes. 10char
    Are you new? Melee will have one or two boss fights where they have a mechanic and all others they just afk

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Are you new? Melee will have one or two boss fights where they have a mechanic and all others they just afk
    whats what i said..

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Its gonna be Arcane. It makes sense.

Highmaul = Frost
    BRF = Fire
    HFC = Arcane

EM = Fire
    NH = Frost
    TOS = Arcane!

It goes in a cycle
    Well that is wishful thnking and based off of nonsense with that WoD info that is just wrong. WoD was Arc almost the entire time with the exception of very small windows of other specs or niche fights that others could do well on. Unless there is some tuning to come Arc isn't going to be the top spec in most cases if any.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uglyduck View Post
    So, I got another legendary last night. Just when I thought I was going to get a main spec legendary... I got... SEPHUZ!!!!! Blizzard hates me.
    Depending on your group comp that is a great ring for frost now with the gloves being less desired.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Do you guys think that maybe Fire still has hope?

I mean it's in a blue post on the front page, albeit for Elemental but representative of a more general process.

'Most of the changes you've seen to other specs in 7.2.5 thus far have been focused around addressing core mechanical issues. We've only recently begun the process of making changes intended to bring each spec's performance more in line with the others.'

Perhaps we shouldn't write fire off quite yet, it is by far our weakest spec and if anything is likely to get tuning attention it should be it.
    It's currently not even close to playable in mythic progression other than possible very niche circumstances, is bottom dps for single target by a wide margin, and instead of getting buffs like every low dps class is getting, fire is getting more nerfs. Other than aoe, fire will be completely worthless for ToS, and considering there are plenty of other specs that can handle the aoe, plus bring boss damage at the same time, there's really no reason to even be contemplating fire.

Feels bad, but that's the reality. I have a really hard time letting go too, but we need to face facts, fire is in the dumpster. Frost nerfs don't look great either, mage overall is seeming to be in a pretty rough spot for next patch.

Fire is not the best at single target but they are far from the worst. The T20 set looks pretty good for Fire. Fire looks to be upper middle of the pack DPS on most fights. Although, Arcane might the best overall for ToS. However, they will most definitely be rolling out hotfix buffs/nerfs a week or so after the patch hits.

Deleted
    tipp: Just log out the first 3 days after 7.2.5 and wait for the pros to tell everybody which specc is going the one to play :P

btw. its going to be frost lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tedro View Post
    tipp: Just log out the first 3 days after 7.2.5 and wait for the pros to tell everybody which specc is going the one to play :P

btw. its going to be frost lol
    Or, you know, this link

https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=2&t=4457

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    You sir win @ life !

didnt knew this post. this approved my Opinion about 7.2.5
    frostlife <3

Deleted
    Fascinating to see how at one point or another, MMO-Champ threads full of opinions and anecdotal nonsense end with an AT reference that settles things on a factual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    now THIS is the type of answer the OP need, no all the crying and bitching about what some one likes and hates, this guy have numbers, numbers that will help you understand, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    now THIS is the type of answer the OP need, no all the crying and bitching about what some one likes and hates, this guy have numbers, numbers that will help you understand, thanks
    People just wanted an authoritative answer ending the endless debate about whether it was going to be Arcane or Frost (nobody seriously believed Fire had a chance after a while).

The good news is, Frost is the best all rounder choice. The second part of the good news is the GS build, more fun that the TV build, seems to be the most promising choice and the final part of the good news is that I already have two of the top three legendaries for that build.

Already switched on live.

Deleted
    Ouch, fire really needs some love soon.

And when I see numbers like this it makes by brain hurt, why the hell did they nerf fire shoulders? It would have put fire mages near frost, but still not above. Sigh.

Deleted
    The second part of the good news is the GS build [...] seems to be the most promising choice
    Did i get it correct?
    Once you have 2pc t 20 gs starts getting stronger than tv?
    Or do you need the right legendaries?

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    Did i get it correct?
    Once you have 2pc t 20 gs starts getting stronger than tv?
    Or do you need the right legendaries?
    It depends on your gear and relics, but they are so close, you can play either in all honesty.

Also GS is far less dependant on the right legendary and is looking for stats, so even something like Belovir's is one of the better legendaries to GS, while not so good for TV.

Deleted
    Yeah nice sims. Sadly they show only numbers without describing what gear have been used

People just wanted an authoritative answer ending the endless debate about whether it was going to be Arcane or Frost (nobody seriously believed Fire had a chance after a while).

The good news is, Frost is the best all rounder choice. The second part of the good news is the GS build, more fun that the TV build, seems to be the most promising choice and the final part of the good news is that I already have two of the top three legendaries for that build.

Already switched on live.
    To find out what legendaries will be best in 7.2.5 for each of the frost builds, is there a link, or must I sim it myself?

If you've simmed, can you either link or tell me the bis legendaries for both types of frost builds. I'm coming from fire, have no frost legos, but have every single non-specific legendary for mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    To find out what legendaries will be best in 7.2.5 for each of the frost builds, is there a link, or must I sim it myself?

If you've simmed, can you either link or tell me the bis legendaries for both types of frost builds. I'm coming from fire, have no frost legos, but have every single non-specific legendary for mages.
    CmS helm + Shard is bis for both builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

I'm using the excellent guide at https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=5&t=3635 for the GS Frost build which should be a very competitive frost mage setup from tomorrow onwards.

I plan to sim myself very shortly. I am transitioning from another spec so my entire character is likely out of whack, I am just thankful I have two viable legendaries for this build (shard and KJBW).
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-06-12 at 04:40 PM.