Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    also irrelevaant to blame the GMs
    its garbage service because its call centre service. Everyone reopens tickets because the answer truly depends on the Gm. I had tickets that had copy and paste response that had nothing and i mean nothing to do with my issue.

good customer service was cut long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You need to calm down and spam less. Just because someone else spams doesn't mean you have to. Spread them out a little.
    This. Trade chat isn't a place to spam advertisements for your guild, there is a guild tab for that or the forums. Top end guilds don't spam trade because you're not going to be getting decent people from spamming trade. If you're not a top end guild, you don't need to be spamming trade because no one cares about random guild number 10,230,492 and how you're "Gonna be big someday, just need a few more great players!"

Trade chat is meant for TRADE... Buying and selling of items... guild advertisements are meant for GENERAL.... but you know /shrug or how about the all elusive guild finder :P

Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    Oh no. How will people know about your obviously awesome guild that apparently can only attract members via spam?
    Considering that is the only INGAME way of finding members. There are 0 tools provided by blizzard to help recruitment. It is also one of the biggest guild management complaints i have read about since WoD. recruitment is and always will be a issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, stop. Trade chat hasnt been "trade" chat since the day of its release. Its been used as a social channel more than the damned general channel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Which is why they should really crack down on it.
    This guy gets it.

Trade chat should be about trade. Problem is that Blizz should make General chat span across ALL city hubs like they do with trade chat, so people can use that channel socially. Trade chat should be 100% sell/buy only channel.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post

There's a chat channel for it. There's a guild recruitment tab for it.
    shit tools that no one uses. Tab? channel? Ive been in raiding guilds for 10+ years and i have never heard of recruits coming from those spots.

Oh good so the report spam feature actually DOES work

Neat

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if some one is innocent and didnt abused any rules if multiple ppl spam reports on her/him, she/he still will get temporary banned or silenced.

Means there is people in trade chat who got a thing on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Which is why they should really crack down on it.
    Like that would ever happen. How long has Trade chat been around now? They will NEVER crackdown on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

there is a channel for that,
    that no one uses. A tool is not a tool if its useless. There is no working support for guild recruitment...it is the reason why we see so much spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Oh for fucks sake, stop. Trade chat hasnt been "trade" chat since the day of its release. Its been used as a social channel more than the damned general channel is.
    That is what irritates me I have no idea how many times I've seen people throw a fit because someone actually tried to use trade chat to sell their items.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    that no one uses. A tool is not a tool if its useless. There is no working support for guild recruitment...it is the reason why we see so much spam.
    That's because any guild worth a damn recruits on forums. Leave the channel and tab for the "casual leveling guilds".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    That is what irritates me I have no idea how many times I've seen people throw a fit because someone actually tried to use trade chat to sell their items.
    Every time I try to sell something in /2 these days it usually ends with a group of people trolling by "WTS [ITEM] 5g".
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    I mean, seeing as we have several guilds on my server who spam theirs every 1-3 minutes (sometimes even more) and to be honest it's fucking annoying. I know we sent ours out at most every 15-30 minutes.

You even have people spamming their messages inside the raids, I'm not even a little surprised people report others for it. To be honest I can't imagine you getting reported enough if you're not actually spamming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its not just the spam but also the content of the advertisement. I've seem some really fucking annoying ones.

Quote Originally Posted by caramiowow View Post
    Been chat banned ingame due to "spamming" my guild macro for the second time now, im only using the trade channel as a means to advertise my guild and what i do is use my macro two times before the grace period kicks in, then i alt tab and do whatever im doing. Now i got pissed the second time i got banned due to "spamming" even though there is a limit to what you can use on the trade chat IN THE GAME. I opened up a live chat and had arguements with 3 GMs in total, im not gonna go into too much detail but honestly, how out of touch with the game are the GMs these days, i explained my situation to one of them and he told me "you can't advertise your guild on the trade channel". I also asked the other 2 what the number of acceptable messages are , one said i should use my macro once per HOUR and the other said once every 4-5 minutes, im just baffled as to how these people work at Blizzard, might aswell put a instant response bot instead for free.

With that being said i never had any problems with this every since WoD and even upto this day on Legion, even though i used the same amount of macros and "spammed" them as long as i was in a major city. Now i know that the report system can be abused and i asked the GMs who reported me because i had a couple of ideas as to who might abuse the system to get me banned, but obviously they said they can't disclose that information.

Why did i bother writing this here on mmochamp? Basically because im frustrated at how the GMs are clueless and can't help me with something as simple as this.
    Good. Your attitude makes you sound like a real douche. You are blaming everyone but yourself.

There is a built in guild finder UI. Use that. Or try spamming less and use the forums.

...And he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids!

10+ Year Old Account
    Right click report usually works only if multiple ppl report same person, means if you got multiple personal haters who spamming you whispers reporting them wont get them banned unless you use ticket for ongoing harrasment or contact support directly.

So guilds should just not used macros on the trade channel? then i guess every single player who does this sort of thing should be banned, in my case i haven't had a ban for years and recently a bunch of people report me and i get banned twice in a row within 2 weeks, im %99 certain that its due to a bunch of people and their friends reporting. So when you can game the system is it fair that the ban stays? i asked the GMs who reported me and obviously i couldn't get an answer due to privacy issues.

Also people who are saying you cant use /2 for guild recruitment, please stop kidding, almost everyone uses trade chat to advertise their guilds along with trade related things aswell, so i guess every guild that uses their macro on /2 should be banned because thats the only fair way i see it. Right now im checking the trade chat and see people double spamming but obviously they dont get banned because a bunch of angry friends dont grief report them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    yes there is when your not in a guild you can go into the guild finder
    guild recruitment if you are not in a guild will be visable to you
    also you could use sites like wowprogress, the forums, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    That's because any guild worth a damn recruits on forums. Leave the channel and tab for the "casual leveling guilds".
    recruit on forums? You know the amount of people these days that avoid forums? all forums? Its hilarious i know saying that in a forum but its true. earlier the year i helped out with recruitment for a bit...0 response from forum post..

but from trade spam? I came across several players that put up 90%+ logs in mythic raiding.

The true issue that the OP dont even mention is that the INGAME tools for guild recruitment are pathetic and needs to be improved.