Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up LFR - AP Tokens Rewarded after Finishing a Wing

How do you feel about the change made in patch 7.2.5 where LFR no longer drops AP tokens, but rather gives one AP token at the end of the wing?

My Opinion:

Personally its a relief.

As someone who raids heroic+, i'd rather not be forced to go into LFR to maximize my AP gains for the week.

Agreed. I raid Normal mostly and LFR was a timekiller for me. Especially when the BI buff was up.

If you feel forced to do anything you don't want to do in a video game that you ostensibly partake in for enjoyment purposes, that's a personal issue.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    If you feel forced to do anything you don't want to do in a video game that you ostensibly partake in for enjoyment purposes, that's a personal issue.
    Like when raiders felt forced to run mythic+ in order to be up to "tune" for mythic nighthold, since the raid was tuned around everyone in raid being at max AP before 7.2 hit. You mean that kind of forced?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Like when raiders felt forced to run mythic+ in order to be up to "tune" for mythic nighthold, since the raid was tuned around everyone in raid being at max AP before 7.2 hit. You mean that kind of forced?
    People who commit to Mythic raids know what they're in for. Stop whining.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I just wish the runes would be sold in the Blood of Sargeras trader.

When you join lfr but 2 bosses already killed. It sucks. Thats why they implemented this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    People who commit to Mythic raids know what they're in for. Stop whining.
    No whine in my post at all. Where did you get that from, I simply asked the above poster a question.

And yes I agree with you.

Imagine still grinding AP after 52

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on why they changed it. If the reason is so certain people don't feel forced anymore I find it utter horseshit and quite frankly ridiculous.

Yeah, that's dumb too. If you don't enjoy doing something, why do it? WoW isn't a job, it's supposed to be fun.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Depends on why they changed it. If the reason is so certain people don't feel forced anymore I find it utter horseshit and quite frankly ridiculous.
    Well thats the reason i'm relieved because I feel that im not forced anymore to grind LFR. No need to take my 900 ilvl ass into LFR anymore. Why is that "utter horseshit?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Imagine still grinding AP after 52
    People like Jaylock need to be saved from themselves.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally its a relief. As someone who raids heroic+, i'd rather not be forced to go into LFR to maximize my AP gains for the week.
    That is a contradicting statement. You still have to do LFR in order to maximize your AP gains for the week. If you are personally relieved that you don't have to do it now then the problem was with you and not the presence of AP in LFR.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I thought you 'loved' the game unconditionally Jaylock

Did the honeymoon not go well

How do you feel about the change made in patch 7.2.5 where LFR no longer drops AP tokens, but rather gives one AP token at the end of the wing?

My Opinion:

Personally its a relief.

As someone who raids heroic+, i'd rather not be forced to go into LFR to maximize my AP gains for the week.
    As soon as someone brings up the "forced" argument for doing LFR, then that speaks volumes about the problem.
    And it was not LFR.

If you are opting for lower difficulties for the reward, then you can't criticise LFR.
    That is entirely you taking the easy route.

Us "casuals" are always accused of demanding instant gratification, yet who is it here taking the shortest route to a reward.

Well thats the reason i'm relieved because I feel that im not forced anymore to grind LFR. No need to take my 900 ilvl ass into LFR anymore. Why is that "utter horseshit?"
    Because it was never "forced".
    It wasn't a requirement to get AP.
    LFR has too long been attractive to those capable of raiding higher difficulties, but still blizzard won't fix the real problem.
    That you CAN do it for extra rewards.
    This only punishes those who don't have that choice, that are there for reasons other than for AP.
    It should not be awarding extra, it should be that OR something else.
    LFR should have a loot lockout prompt, you opt for rewards from that and get locked out of other difficulties.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-13 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    I thought you 'loved' the game unconditionally Jaylock

Did the honeymoon not go well
    Jay has always been critical of LFR and you know it. Don't try and play that card.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

My Opinion:

Personally its a relief.

You mean as someone who gets carried through heroic raids, right? Because your vastly more geared and progressed than you guild has carried you through Heroic NH a handful of times? Why would you have ever felt pressured into running LFR? You've never done a boss that is tuned around having anywhere close to even 50 traits. Honestly if you were at any point running LFR, which is one of the LEAST efficient ways of getting AP, that's not an LFR issue or a Blizzard issue, that's a compulsion issue on your end.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Jay has always been critical of LFR and you know it. Don't try and play that card.
    But how can WoW be flawless if it has flaws :O

Wasn't it just changing where you got the AP? I could have sworn it said that you would get it from the one time/week reward for finishing each wing...